1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Been Meaning to Give this a Try for Ages.....

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by hotspur, Jun 7, 2015.

1. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

I remember this subject coming up on here a couple of years ago.

As most on here will know I'm not a fan of betting on 90 minute markets.

It seems to me that the evidence that 90 minute markets are almost impossible to beat is pretty much overwhelming.

So of course I am going to start a 90 minute betting thread.:unsure :eek:

But my reason is not because I think it will make a profit.In fact I think I'd prefer it not to make a profit!

See,I don't actually watch that many football matches but last season it seemed to be the case that so often I'd be watching a game and thinking something like,

" fucking hell you'd never know this team were 5-1 to win the game" and then theyd score.

Yes yes we've all been there.

In fact it's precisely because we've all been there that logically I am almost certain that this CANT be a way to make money from betting on football.

Because if it was then 1000s of people would be doing it or even 10s of 1000s and thus there could be no value in the prices.

So the reason I'm doing this thread is because it's really really fucking frustrating when I'm watching a fucking game where the outsider is clearly on top and I say to myself,
    " Don't be a fucking mug and bet on this because it can't possibly be this easy to make money." (From 90 minute markets)

And then they score.

But then last season I watched the Real Madrid v Schalke game!

Is there anyone who didn't make money from watching that game? Fucking incredible.

Anyway I've been watching Hammerby hammer Gothenburg ( well they're not really hammering them but they have been the better team by far).

The only problem is that it's half time and often as you well know the team that played badly first half ,improves in the second.

Also,I think Hammerby were playing a very high tempo and pressurising Gothenburg and I'm not sure how long they can keep this up.

So I'm not doing a bet until I see the first 6 minutes or so of the second half.If I do a bet.

Also,I don't really think this would work that well anyway where the teams aren't very far apart in theoretical ability. I mean I much prefer it when the outsider is at least 4-1.

Right I'm gonna have a £500 bank and I just want to see if I can make say an 8% profit from betting when I see an opportunity in running.

(The reason I don't really want this to work is that then I'd know that I'm missing out by not watching games when I'd really rather do something else.)
  2. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Just to add that I missed the first 10 mins if the second half writing my post( yes I'm that slow!)
  3. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

It's a much slower game now although Hammerby still seem to be the better team
    A surprisingly lacklustre performance from Gothenburg who really impressed me last time out.
    Hmmm.
  4. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Ok won't be doing a bet now.Hammerby seem to lack a cutting edge.Goteburg have quality upfront but just havnt made many chances at all.
  5. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

And Goteburg score with the only chance I saw them have second half:)