1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Bell End on At The Races

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by ONEDUNME, Apr 21, 2012.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

His name is Alan Bentley. Some scouse dick who's been getting on my tits for a few weeks now with his superior attitude. Problem is, he has very little to back it up as he talks total shite every week on "Get Onside", at 11oclock on a Saturday morning.

His latest bollocks is about Middlesborough's Marvin Emnes, "his form's tailed off". What a twat! I watched Emnes just the other week and he was fucking brilliant. Ran the show for Boro and linked up the attacking play brilliantly. Granted he didn't score and granted Boro don't score many but he's scored 2 of Boro's last 5 goals. Tailed off? Fucking dickhead.

Anyway, for what it's worth, Dipshit's tips for today are:

Southampton to beat Boro - looks like +0.25 on the Asian Handicap but the bet is not clear and there is not price given (EDIT.. I've just looked and the price is 1/2! Just what we need a football panel of "experts" for, to give us 1 to fucking 2 shots:ohwell)

The other one is Peterhead to beat Clyde -0.5 AH. Price, 13/20. Near enough another 1/2 shot.

Well done for sticking your neck out there Mr B:lol
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I reckon Man United could beat Everton at 4/11 and Liverpool might beat West Brom at 1/2.

Don't forget you heard it here first.
  3. Seen

Seen Moderator

With these pundits it's nearly always who you know rather than what you know.
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

That looks obvious. His first 1/2 shot today has gone down:lol
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

And the second one goes down. Two massive odds on shots beaten. You'd struggle to find two losers and that price if you needed to.

Dipstick
  6. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Not a fan, no ? :unsure
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

It's not the fact that he's a clueless scouse dick that annoys me as much as his arrogant attitude. I'll be sure to bring you his tips next Saturday. Although at these prices you'll need four winners just to get level again.
  8. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

is this a radio or a tv programme,ODM-must watch/listen.Id be surprised if hes as ''superior''as you say.
    I mean what on earth can he actually say that is so superior?
    Cant wait to find out
  9. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

I mean I assume that at no point in those few weeks he claimed to be able to make 10%roi in his sleep:):leaving
  10. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

:lol

If hes as clueless as he sounds then he probably thought ROI was from dublin :lookaround
  11. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

:)
    Ive been thinking about this(sorry)..and what I wondered is how he got the gig in the first place if his tips are so crap....

and Ive come up with a theory that I also apply to many,many djs:eek:

Well,SO MANY djs are so boring re their music selection-often playing the same tracks for weeks and weeks when they could easily play far better records etc etc that i believe that BEFORE a dj is established in a venue they ''take risks''and are more exciting.
    Then the day comes when they are given the gig.....and from then on they are scared to take risks.If a record worked last week hes gonna damn well play it again this week.

Thus,in the case of an apparently lame pundit,he is simply scared to give losing bets esp. a long run of losing bets and losing such a cushy gig.

(This also would explain his superior attitude:))ie he does in fact have a profitable history

On t'other hand women are always telling me I think too much:unsure
  12. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Here's a clip of him so that you can hate him too. Although not at his arrogant best, his tips are well up(?) to their usual standard with both of them losing. The clue to his tipping ability comes in the 11th minute when he says "Let's see if I can retrieve the situation from last week":lol.

His tips:

Barcelona -1.5 handicap to beat Osasuna - Lost . Not only did they not beat the handicap, they actually lost the game.

Standard Liege +0.25 asian handicap v Anderlecht - Lost

If you're thinking I've chosen this particular vid because both his tips lost, you'd be wrong. It was the only one that came up when I searched for his name. Maybe he's not that bad a tipster and it's just coincidence that we've come across three week's worth of tips that all lost.

Or maybe he really is just a bloke who's getting paid for something he knows fuck all about.
  13. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

hmm,thanks for that-ok it now seems to me that hes simply someone who is employed for his presentation skills and not his tipping.
    Is he actually known anywhere as a successful gambler?-presumably not.

Anyway,only a fool would ever bet on a tip that was given out on fucking national tv!!!!!
    If the price doesnt change it means the tip was almost certainly not value or that the bookies dont rate the tipster or both
  14. winrew

winrew GILF

:unsure
    :leaving
    Kegman likes this.
  15. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Googled Alan Bentley and he doesnt appear to claim to be a pro gambler at all.
    Rather he emphasises his ability to produce betting related programmes.
    He has a degree in economics..

So,Id say youre right ODM...hes probably a rubbish tipster-98%of everyone who tips soccer are
  16. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

oops-made a mistake there-90%of soccers tipsters are probably shit.
    the 98% figure is the amount of soccer gamblers who fail to make ANY profit in the long-term.....though of course its impossible to know
  17. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Hello and welcome to Bell End Watch. Dickwad's show started at 11 am and it takes less than five minutes for ignoramus to demonstrate the depth of his ignorance with "Arguably the biggest derby since Dennis Law sent them down".

Except he didn't. I know it's a popular myth and I know that people on here will think it's true but it's complete bollocks. Dennis Law's goal didn't send them down.

"For me, both teams are going to score". "The draw is a big price at 5/2". So that'll be 1-1 2-2 or 3-3 then will it?

What worries me is that the twat has said that Bayern will beat Chelsea and my money is on the Germans. I wasn't particularly worried. I am now:hissyfit
  18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

"Who do you fancy for the bottom three, assuming Wolves are down".

No need to assume Wolves are down. Wolves ARE down. Tit.

I know it sounds like I'm picking out every little fault but I can assure you, they come so thick and fast it's hard to avoid them.
  19. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Wank tipster yes but he's also a fucking awful presenter so there is no redemption there in my mind. No excuse for his fat face on my TV screen. I want to watch a programme that might give me a little bit of information or spark that could influence my bets for the weekend. I don't want people spouting a mixture of shits, the blindingly obvious and blatant misinformation.
  20. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Fuckin' hell, he's topped himself there (I wish he fuckin' would) talking about the

"Do you think some of the edge has been taken off (the game tomorrow) "Do you think it will be such a physical fixture?"

What? Is he really saying that the Glasgow derby will be LESS volatile because of what's happened to Rangers???:duh

Rangers have had weeks and weeks of piss taking from their hated rivals and the ones who are at the game tomorrow will have to put up with another three hours or so of listening to constant provocation on top of the agony they are going through for their club. They are going to be full of hate and that's going to transmit to the pitch. I'll be amazed if we don't see at least one red.