1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Best Internet Tools

Discussion in 'Tech and Info' started by kompressaur, Feb 6, 2012.

1. slick

slick Administrator

much appreciated Komp, I'd like to give it a go.

Throttling as in my internet running slow, i.e pages taking ages to load.
    I'm beginning to think I'm being restricted as I was only getting a fraction of the speed I was getting originally and still pages are loading slow, I need to do a BB speed test.

I'm also getting some crc errors now on my downloads but I think thats because the downloads are taking longer and longer to download and I'm having to pause them now and again so I can use the Internet.
    I'm going to do a reboot and try again.
  2. kompressaur

kompressaur spam removed by komp

I'll sort you out a link to news rover slick when i reg up on thursday. I get the link on registration. On your throttling note it seems Virgin are throttling newsgroup/usenet folks.

http://www.newsdemon.com/blog/virgin-offers-fasters-speeds-while-throttling-usenet/
  3. slick

slick Administrator

I've been reading about that most of the night Komp, I'm beginning to get a bit pissed off as they only have a 7 day retention too which i only found out about after subcribing to Newzbin and trying to download some older stuff.
    looks like i might have to pay for a newsgroup provider, I'll read up as i know you mentioned one earlier on in this thread.

I've seen Astraweb being mentioned a few times but I'll have a good scout about b4 comitting myself to anything.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

I''m gonna give newsdemon a try me thinks, they have an offer on at the moment for superunlimited with 50 connections for £4 quid for the first month and £6 quid thereafter, usual price 20 dollars whatever that equates to.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

I'm really pissed off now, subscribed and paid up with Newsdemon and find out I'm still getting throttled, on further reading Virgin Media are throttling any newsgroup provider:banghead

Only ray of hope is that it seems to be during peek hrs only, I'll find that out in hlf an hr, it also explains why I was getting max speeds and then all of a sudden going at a snails pace.
  6. slick

slick Administrator

Aye I'm being throttled by the cnuts even though I'm not now using VM newsgroups, it's gone midnight now and I'm getting max speeds.
    looks like I'll have to queue my downloads and set them off when i go to bed.
  7. kompressaur

cool slick. You should be able to get a load of stuff overnight. I'll go login to nzbmatrix and see if my account is still opened there now youve mentioned they want cash. Ill post my password etc on that private chat thread that micks recently replied to. I got my broadband on this afternoon but im only getting 3 and a half gb(??) download speed as apposed to the 9-16 they projected for me. They said it might take a couple of weeks to get it up to speed. I'll leave the newsgroups till i get full pelt.

You using that PAR software to get missing files etc?
  8. kompressaur

9. kompressaur

10. kompressaur

11. slick

slick Administrator

Cheers Komp, I actually got a free copy of newsrover when i signed upto newsdemon, ain't used it yet mind.

That nzbindex looks interesting though, I'll have a bash at that now.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

Just re-tuning my satellite setup first though as it's fcuked up through me pissing about with it installing various plugins, I knew I should have left the cnut alone.
  13. slick

slick Administrator

Looks like I'll have to do all my downloading on a Friday as I've been getting top whack speeds all night.

Komp you need to try sabnzbd, it downloads the files, unpacks them into any directory you wish then dels the remnant rar files all in one arrow, saves a lot of fcuking about.
  14. jijeykiray

jijeykiray New Member

hello guys I am trying nzbindex but it is some kind of a foreign language like dutch or german..so sorry amateur here. pls help.
  15. slick

slick Administrator

there should be an option to select English on nzbindex m8, I've just had a look and it looks English to me although the format has completely changed since the last time I used it a few months back.

here's a list of the main nz sites which are similar..

http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/nzb-sources
  16. winrew

winrew GILF

Still using Torrents ?
    Has your ISP blocked them yet , mine had.
    http://come.in/

Excellent site , bypass the restrictions with that link ,,,
  17. slick

slick Administrator

Cheers Wins I'll have a look l8r.
    Although I've not done much downloading since I've been using xbmc tell the truth.