1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Betcast

Discussion in 'Betting Talk' started by kompressaur, Dec 21, 2014.

1. kompressaur

kompressaur spam removed by komp

Same old thing. Friday night. 1 hour of weekend bettng talk. At the moment me myself has a suprising amount of overly long ideas that will fill out the hour and possibly be nearer=r 2 hours (oooo)

Aye so ....

10 minutes scottish football (me),

really just have 5 or 6 folks that find talking about a saturday coupon interesting and let it go from there.

-poker hand corner, someone posts a hand and we all slag it off as he's a cunt for calling me down with 4th pair after i had it OB etc etc.

so scottish coupon and poker hand reviews is half an hour chaps. Anyone interested in filling in the other half an hour?
  2. kompressaur

Monday Morning Weekend Review & Early Bird
  3. kompressaur

Here's what ive got so far. Just vague ideas. Im gonna have a quick try at editing vid etc. Maybe do a test 5 minute pilot

Ill post characters and plots in text form in a bit for those that couldnt face listening to me talking relative shit for 42 minutes. All input greatly received.
  4. kompressaur

well that was easier than typing and it gave me a bit of romancing the camera. Im gonna do it sober when it all kicks off proper as i think im possibly funnier when sober. A few joints only.

Characters (initial)
    the host - komp or dressden. i dunno. Full of the enthusiasm (misguided) that keeps it all going even when everything is shit.

Mug Punter - the unluckiest cunt youve had the misfortune to encounter and boy does he know it.

EuroPunt - Resident eastern bloc punter who's humourless and logical

Alkie Punt - A pissed up cunt who cannot fail to come across as a waste of space.

Sneaky Punt - a slick/mongoose type character who lacks self awareness but has his fans.

Gen chat Dave - likes to talk about anything barr betting. Maybe he could have a 'dark' betting tale to tell someday and we see how anyone can become a shadow of themselves.

Lurky Pete - Just a lurker that thinks the forum is made to cater for him and his needs. Maybe he can become a regular poster but only lasts a week or two as he is just unable to get on with people (computer guy)

Bored Punt (just working names for now) - someone who used to bet, heavier than any of us will ever know. All he has to offer is his memories from the past.(Gett1nlots)

Boring Punt - Manages to make even the most interesting of things sound boring. a bit of an easy character i suppose. He'll have his place and time though.

Black Punt (i know) - Just here for the nigerian lotto draws. Not a strong character as yet. How to make him better? I dunno....

Slunk - Forum owner (not rival forum as mentioned in the vid above) Always got a taxi waiting to go out and seems stuck in 2002 in web design. Geoslick he could be called. Not a task master as stated above. He just wants an easy life even especially as he's got fatidious (??) komp on his back to 'do things'. (Slunk does them but again 2002 stylee)

Irish Punt - Decent sensible once a week irish tipster who used to post till komp made him a mod and since sacked him. We dont see him much anymore.

Young Punt (1) - the betting internet's youngest moderator and that makes him so happy. Would do anything for the forum even if he's working all weekend and has exams (as ever) next week. komp loves him but fellow mod, VVinrevv thinks he's a 'komp clone' and friday night mod forum fights are a weekly thing.

young Punt (2) - the opposite geerally of young Punt 1. all they have in common is their age and love of betting. Who's the best young punter on the forum? you can decide. YP2 likes betting Pakistani army at 4/7 whilst going against YP1 whenever he can. Odds on he'll have him beat most weeks. Whos the winner really?

Alan Oddsman (Pro Punter) - Peter Orchard/Was Not Was type. Likes the finer things in life and coming across like someone thats up their own arse and they know it.

Serious Punt - Sketchy but ive got 'Crowie' and 'Kevin Pullen' mentioned. BORED PUNT loves him as he is everything that he wasnt quite when he 'took up betting'. A Watson/sherlock Holmes ttype of relationship. Serious punt is only here as ....well as the internet betting forums seem to be 'full of wanker types'. If Serious Punt tells you something you should listen (young Punt 2 won't though as Serious Punt 'is talking out his arse again' according to YP2's aquired wisdom.

Gay Punt - Just there for the double entendres really. That said he can post a bit when 'Im A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here' comes around. He's got his eurovision flags up in March!!!!

Wwho else we got.....just half characters for now poss.....

Aggro Man - Just a vehicle for me to be really mysoganist and to act mental. It's an easy ride for me. I do Aggro Man better than i do me :(

'Betting is my only hobby' - poor underdeveloped character based on someone that bets in my local bookie. I dont think he's ever had a ride before but he can tell you how many lengths any horse won by last time out. Possibly autistic.

Ross Paul - Owner of a rival forum and mostly responsible for the new forum being set up. Underlying suggestions that he 'crosses komp's palm with silver'. komp seems awfully tolerant of his spammy ways.

Mystic Punt - A vehicle for me to talk mystic. Pushes the Law Of Atraction on folks and has his own friday night slot wwhere he works his pendulam over the weekend coupon and sees what it says. Has dreams, usually on a thursday, that have a 3-2-1 Dusty bin tenious logic to them that 'predicts' winners.

'brill but dangerous' (i know) - Well i had to fit Seen in somewhere. The name and character will need work. All i know is that his horse racing tips are rarer than a rare thing and that he always sounds like he's up to something really sinister eg 'im laying a patio' etc

Ex Top Internet Tipster - original internet punting celeb in his day and now is just your avg ginger haired person much to the disbelief of his 'followers'. theyre always after a tip and cant get that he no longer punts but 'heh! we was mad crazy internet gamblers in our day huh? Made komp a moderator and komp sucks up his arse still (awkward). Might be Young Punt 1's uncle.

VVinrevv - the mod that hates modding. Will only be happy when everything fails and we can all get back to not giving a shit. Possibly the wisest of them all with hignsite. It all DOESNT really matter. Its just a betting forum.

And barr some other poor characters (kiko and nick wilmore) thats what ive got so far. If yyou can add to the list or the complexity of the characters then it all helps.
  5. kompressaur

Possible Episodes

• New Forum New Dreams
    • The New Poster
    • The Night the Forum Went down
    • The Tipping competition
    • Mod Revolt/cull
    • Racism will Not Be Tolerated
    • Men Only?
    • Komp's Gonna Be on c4!!!!!!
    • Arial Not Verdana
    • Gen chat Dave is offline (chucked out)
    • To Sticky Or Not To Sticky? (that is the question)
    • Underage Tits
    • im making theese up as i go now.....errr....WHERE DID THAT NAKED FAT BIRD COM FROM? (who orrdered that?)
    again im sure there are plenty of other real sub plots hat we can think of.
  6. kompressaur

I was gonna try making a pilot of a pilot tonight but i might be too tired. Better go get some marching powder in me errrrrrr i didnt say that. I just do nothing all the time these days. Last time i could face playing poker i finished 1/260 for $100, next tourney, same morning, 4/400 odd for $150 or so and then to top it off i finished 1st of 500 odd for $700. Since then ive just slept and wanked. My sister asks me why i dont play poker especially when i can win 2 big tourneys in a morning. Like posting online i just cant face it.

Anyhow ive got this to think about now. Its a natural progression for me. It really does write itself (does it komp? you'll have the pilot of the pilot all done then and if not it will write itself as you said no?

Lets seee what ive got here. Just wrote it whilst uploading the vid above. Its all about starting a new betting forum. Most of the regulars on betnod will have experience in this. ...hold on a sec? do you have any NEW posters? Decent new ones i dont know about? lol you dont and you just dont care. Ive got to hand it to you. colectively your forum ambition was just over zero. Fuck no wonder i would rant like a banshee whilst i resorted to drugs to 'keep me going'. Suppose we're all happy now. Well im not butt least i think ive got an outlet for my grief. I just think its funny how important online forums are to those involved. I was the worst. I laugh everytime i see a young poster on pie and bovril who proudly shows off his sig FANTASY DARTS COMPETITION RUNNER UP 2014. It is imporant to him as it might be anyone of us 12years ago................

If anyone has any thoughts or memories on when we started up TDP in 2005 then remind me as ive forgotten most of my life.
  7. winrew

winrew GILF

VVinrevv - the mod that hates modding. Will only be happy when everything fails and we can all get back to not giving a shit. Possibly the wisest of them all with hignsite. It all DOESNT really matter. Its just a betting forum.

Pretty good description of me Komp :lol
    kompressaur likes this.
  8. kompressaur

lol im saying nothing Winrew. Funny how warped we all can be when viewingg from our own angle. Wish i was 10 years older 10 years ago i supoose. Could have saved us all a bit of time.

Anyhow ive been getting all this together this week in the least productive of ways. Ordered a 'green screen' from ebay. Installed hookey copies of 'Adobe Premiere Pro', 'Adobe after Effects and Camtasia on my old laptop. Bought a cheap but half good mic to get me started and my sister who has her own high street photography business has offered me her old lighting (umbrellas etc) for next to nowt.

I want....

i got...
    [​IMG]
  9. kompressaur

im supposed to be working on this and nothing else. Too many days of late i have a beer (to get me out of bed) and i spend 12hrs plus on here talking about soup and other non productive stuff. When you watch this mind youll think im better off talking about soup. I just wanted to test a few things out. First try with the software. The random images will actually be individual videos all playing inside the main video.

10. kompressaur

45 seconds into this vid is how its suppose to look (for referance)
  11. kompressaur

suppose seeing as im gregarious i can try and get something together for the weekend and try and get some idea of how it will go. Im limited in that im only wanting to involve me for now so mainly just be about scottish lower leagues and english league 2. still it will give me a more concentrated scope and also less popular.

An easy video editting technique seems to be 'putting multiple versions of yourself on the screen at the same time' so i might as well use that for now and originally call it 'the two komps'. No character building etc just pure 'content labels' to see how it fills out.

First rule of mass media - GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT

well if they want cc L2 and scottish lower leagues then thats cool. I wwant to break games down into stats, reverse fixture reports, team news and implications, errrrrr ...its gonna be shit aint it? noooooooo it cant be shit. I wont let it be shit. I wont write it to make betnod laugh or have interest ill write it so as someone that doesnt know me will find it interesting. I think i can do this. I need to try, at least, i think.
  12. kompressaur

right this is where i need to be. im doing owt else. if i can do this then my life has meaning. im doing it here as it all has no meaning barr what it is. I better go try some technical stuff. Dont mind me...
  13. kompressaur

the main problem i have is that my only camera is a non forward facing camera on my tablet. that is NEVER gonna work. I find that unless you make everything 'really easy' for a man a man will not be bothered to do. so..... i neeed a camera thats not my tablet. Stilll lets move it all on and see other probs poss...
  14. kompressaur

Might as well ask for advice on this too as if any cunt nicks it and does it then good on them i suppose. I wanna do a version of this called IM ON EVERY TEAM MAN (ie an accy blufondera).... im on ayr ...stenhousemuir ....etc

15. kompressaur

help required to make the betting world happier place :) thanks.
  16. kompressaur

im on every team man!!!
  17. kompressaur

18. kompressaur

19. kompressaur

ps i hate ukuleles