1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Bets Placed

Discussion in 'Eurovision 2012 Betting' started by Gavster, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Thought it about time we got this thread up and running...

2pts - Italy @ 29.0 e/w 1-4
    3pts - Iceland @ 51.0 e/w 1-3
    2pts - Russia @ 11.0 e/w 1-4 (placed before the grannies, but still hopeful of a place :zhail )
    5pts - Sweden @ 5.5

3pts - Italy top big-5 country @ 4.33
  2. Dec

Dec New Member

1pt Iceland @ 28/1 e/w 1-4
    4pts Sweden @ 4/1
    1pt Finland Qualify @ evens
  3. Archi

Archi Member

wow, I think your Italy top big5 country bet is awesome. @ VC, right? Would have taken it as well but they banned me :/ Sucks.

I've got some as well already, although most of the time my early bets have sucked. Couldnt resist myself though

5pts - Ireland not to qualify @ 8.0
    2pts - Iceland @ 34 e/w 1-4 (bad bet I think, got carried away. I like that it's top4 e/w though)
    10pts - Nul points: No - 1,25

I think Ireland bet and Nul point bet's are something in which I can either sell it away and break even, or possibly even make a small surewin if I start to not like them anymore.
  4. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

2pts Azerbaijan @ 51.0 e/w to 4 places.
  5. Archi

Archi Member

UK Top 10 Finish: NO 2.1 @ StanJames

What do you guys think? My thinking is that it's a pretty dull sung, and his charisma cant salvage anything from 1st spot in the Finals. Remember last year with Finland, they were 3rd in their semi-finals, but plummeted all the way down to 21st place in finals. It's just really hard to do well if you go first especially with a mediocre song.

EDIT:
    Also, United Kingdom v Greece; Greece 2.25 sounds like a good bet to me.
  6. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

I've spotted that match bet too and I've had 5pts on it.

5pts UK vs Greece - 2.25 @ Stan James
  7. Archi

Archi Member

8. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Also taken Netherlands not to qualify at Unibet @ 2.60
  9. Archi

Archi Member

umm, Unibet gives 1,35 for Greece to qualify. I have to take it. It's a must. Cant let it go. Greece's worst in semis is 4th, and they've been in top10 8 years in a row. Has to be a decent value in that, right?

Also, iceland to qualify for 1,35 seems high to me.
  10. Rob44

Rob44 Member

ok peeps, i'm back, and as usual i've missed all the early action. but at least i have a good excuse this year as i've been trying to set up a business and its been taking all my time. i'll try to work through all the entry's but i've still got limited time so comments will be very brief... hope they are useful.
  11. Rob44

Rob44 Member

ok i've been through them - first bet

azeris 2pts ew 41.0. there's a good chance this will place - the azeris are rarely out of the top ten so this effort should see them comfortably in there again and challenging for a place.

i think there are a few missing though - didn't see anything for romania or moldova?
  12. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

2pts Cyprus not to qualify - 3.55 @ Bwin
  13. Archi

Archi Member

Match Bets:
    Russia vs. Serbia: Serbia 3.5
  14. squallsquall

squallsquall Member

Wow, where? :)
  15. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

sounds like unibet
  16. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

actually no. Stan James and it's now down to 2.5. In fact, I can't see Serbia at 3.5 against Russia anywhere, both now and historically.

Where did you get that Archi? :thinking Or did you mean 2.5 in your original post?
  17. Archi

Archi Member

well I lay 1.4 for Russia @ Betfair and someone took it (I lay 1.4 so that's 3.5 to me, right?) Maybe I should have stated this. still giving @1.4, come get it ;) No big bucks, but +EV is +EV, right :p
  18. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

No thanks. I'm not touching those grannies at all. I have them outright and now they're better off left alone.
  19. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

3pts Slovakia to qualify - 2.2 @ Skybet

2.5pts Slovenia not to qualify - 2.6 @ Unibet

I have an inkling that I'll regret at least one of those bets, but nevertheless, worth the risk at low stakes. Will firm up my bets once the rehearsals have started.
  20. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

Slovenia and Slovakia should both qualify. Slovenia's is a good song,just it's badly choreographed..Slovakia will score among teenage girls and juries will like him composing the song himself,just his diction needs improving.