• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Boxing

Saturday 13th January - Artur Beterbiev v Callum Smith

A great fight to start off the new year with and one i'm looking forward to i gotta admit. Undefeated light heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev (19 Fights - 19 Wins (19 KOs)) comes into this after defeating Anthony Yarde by eighth round stoppage in London back in January of last year , whilst Smith (30 Fights - 29 Wins (21 KOs) - 1 Loss) arrives after back to back KO victories over Lenin Castillo (2021) and Mathieu Bauderlique (2022) after making the jump to light heavyweight , so both have been inactive for quite a while although in Beterbievs' case that was enforced due to a jaw infection (which put this fight back while it was treated) , so hopefully that is all sorted now and he comes here in good health. I think alot of people dont give Beterbiev the recognition he deserves to be honest , he has a fearsome reputation , that is totally warranted and justified , but they dont seem to appreciate that he has some serious boxing skills as well as the obvious power , and its both of these things that makes him such a force in the light heavyweight division. Fair play to Smith for taking this fight , never one to swerve anyone , his only loss came to Canelo Alvarez where he lost by a unanimous decision , but hes never faced anyone who can punch like Beterbiev before i have to say. Its not all one way traffic though as Smith has some serious skills and power of his own , and i can see him testing and troubling Beterbiev , hes gritty and determined with a massive height and reach advantage and he'll be using his jab to keep Beterbiev at bay whilst trying to load up but whether he can land cleanly enough on the wily Russian is another thing , and theres also the question of how he copes when he gets caught by King Artur , as once he sniffs blood he'll be all over Smith like a rash. Hes never been stopped before so his chin isnt suspect but hes never faced anyone like Beterbiev before. This should be an entertaining fight to watch , and there is a chance of a massive upset tbh as Smith is no mug , but for me personally i cant see it. I see Beterbiev retaining his titles.

Artur Beterbiev To Win

Any views Sean on the Gholam v Sitemela Super Featherweight on Saturday?

Thinking of betting the Under 8.5 rounds...currently 1.91

Tough one to call TD , not one i'd be getting involved with personally as i dont know too much about either of them tbh , could go either way but i'd probably sway towards Gholam if i had too , probably by decision but both can bang so a stoppage wouldnt come as a huge shock

Saturday 13th January - Artur Beterbiev v Callum Smith

A great fight to start off the new year with and one i'm looking forward to i gotta admit. Undefeated light heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev (19 Fights - 19 Wins (19 KOs)) comes into this after defeating Anthony Yarde by eighth round stoppage in London back in January of last year , whilst Smith (30 Fights - 29 Wins (21 KOs) - 1 Loss) arrives after back to back KO victories over Lenin Castillo (2021) and Mathieu Bauderlique (2022) after making the jump to light heavyweight , so both have been inactive for quite a while although in Beterbievs' case that was enforced due to a jaw infection (which put this fight back while it was treated) , so hopefully that is all sorted now and he comes here in good health. I think alot of people dont give Beterbiev the recognition he deserves to be honest , he has a fearsome reputation , that is totally warranted and justified , but they dont seem to appreciate that he has some serious boxing skills as well as the obvious power , and its both of these things that makes him such a force in the light heavyweight division. Fair play to Smith for taking this fight , never one to swerve anyone , his only loss came to Canelo Alvarez where he lost by a unanimous decision , but hes never faced anyone who can punch like Beterbiev before i have to say. Its not all one way traffic though as Smith has some serious skills and power of his own , and i can see him testing and troubling Beterbiev , hes gritty and determined with a massive height and reach advantage and he'll be using his jab to keep Beterbiev at bay whilst trying to load up but whether he can land cleanly enough on the wily Russian is another thing , and theres also the question of how he copes when he gets caught by King Artur , as once he sniffs blood he'll be all over Smith like a rash. Hes never been stopped before so his chin isnt suspect but hes never faced anyone like Beterbiev before. This should be an entertaining fight to watch , and there is a chance of a massive upset tbh as Smith is no mug , but for me personally i cant see it. I see Beterbiev retaining his titles.

Artur Beterbiev To Win

ARTUR BETERBIEV WINS (BY TKO) :thumb

Saturday 20th January -

Natasha Jonas v Mikaela Mayer
Quite an interesting and intriguing match up where Brit Natasha Jonas (17 Fights - 14 Wins (9 KOs) - 2 Losses - 1 Draw) defends her IBF World Welterweight Title against Mikaela Mayer (20 Fights - 19 Wins (5 KOs) - 1 Loss) , Jonas is one of my favorite female boxers from these shores and she hasnt lost since being beaten by UD by the all conquering Katie Taylor back in 2021 , since then she has won all five of her bouts , stopping Kandi Wyatt by TKO last time winning the IBF Welterweight title in the process. Mayer has only lost the once and that was to Alycia Baumgardner in a hard fought split decision loss , since then she has won both of her two bouts. Mayer is a former IBF and WBO Super Featherweight Title holder , and this will be her first foray into the 147 division , which could prove to be problematic in that Jonas is much more used to fighting in and around this weight category since going up after losing the Katie Taylor fight. Its a difficult one to weigh up , They're both talented fighters with , for me , Jonas , being the harder puncher , both have decent ring IQ. Jones is the older fighter , being 39 , compared to Mayers 33 , and i do wonder if that could give Mayer a slight edge , as its just not age shes been in some proper battles which always takes a little out of the fighter over time , Mayer is likely to be quicker and i can see her trying to use this to her advantage , using her jab and trying to stop Jonas letting her left hand go. Jonas is adept at fighting off the back foot , and as well as her left hand she can also land a hefty blow with her right especially her right hook , and as a southpaw i think she could give Mayer problems aplenty with the different angles he punches will be coming from , and the fact that sometimes Mayer tends to drop her head when throwing a straight right could let in Jonas with some decent countering. Whichever way i look at this one i can make a case for both of the fighters , but as i gotta side with someone i have to go with Jonas , although as i say this could go either way.

Natasha Jones To Win

Jack Cullen v Zak Chelli
All British bout this one , and one im looking forward to after the pair fought to a draw back in 2020 , both of them come into this on the back of stoppage wins but their fortunes have both been mixed in all honesty , Cullen (27 Fights - 22 Wins (10 KOs) - 4 Losses - 1 Draw) has lost two of his last four fights , the first of those losses came against Kevin Sadjo for the vacant European Super Middleweight Title , where he was stopped in the sixth round , he then Vladimir Beljusky on points , in March of last year he faced American Diego Pacheco who stopped him in four rounds. His last fight was against Mark Heffron who he stopped in the third round. That was probably his best performance for quite a while imho. Chelli (17 Fights - 14 Wins (7 KOs) - 2 Losses - 1 Draw) stopped Jordan Grannum last time , but to be honest that was nothing special as Grannum is a journeyman with a record of 143 Fights - 9 Wins (0 KOs) - 129 Losses - 5 Draws , so if he couldnt of managed to put him away they'd of been something seriously wrong so im looking at that fight as a confidence booster before he fights Cullen. Before that fight he lost against the well touted Mark Jeffers , he was pretty much shut out and outclassed by Jeffers for the whole fight so it was no great surprise to see him lose by unanimous decision. This is gonna be an interesting one i think as for me Chelli edged their previous encounter , and i think he'll be fired up for this and want to set the record straight whilst Cullen whose the current BBBoC and Commonweath Champion is also going to want to prove a point. To my mind Cullen seems not to be the fighter he once was whilst Chelli looks to be in his prime , beating some good opponents before his last two bouts. I think Chelli will get to work on the inside , and look to stop his opponent , he doesnt have particularly heavy hands but he throws with intent and he throws often. Should be a good fight , and a close one probably , but for me Chelli edges it.

Zak Chelli To Win

Saturday 20th January -

Natasha Jonas v Mikaela Mayer
Quite an interesting and intriguing match up where Brit Natasha Jonas (17 Fights - 14 Wins (9 KOs) - 2 Losses - 1 Draw) defends her IBF World Welterweight Title against Mikaela Mayer (20 Fights - 19 Wins (5 KOs) - 1 Loss) , Jonas is one of my favorite female boxers from these shores and she hasnt lost since being beaten by UD by the all conquering Katie Taylor back in 2021 , since then she has won all five of her bouts , stopping Kandi Wyatt by TKO last time winning the IBF Welterweight title in the process. Mayer has only lost the once and that was to Alycia Baumgardner in a hard fought split decision loss , since then she has won both of her two bouts. Mayer is a former IBF and WBO Super Featherweight Title holder , and this will be her first foray into the 147 division , which could prove to be problematic in that Jonas is much more used to fighting in and around this weight category since going up after losing the Katie Taylor fight. Its a difficult one to weigh up , They're both talented fighters with , for me , Jonas , being the harder puncher , both have decent ring IQ. Jones is the older fighter , being 39 , compared to Mayers 33 , and i do wonder if that could give Mayer a slight edge , as its just not age shes been in some proper battles which always takes a little out of the fighter over time , Mayer is likely to be quicker and i can see her trying to use this to her advantage , using her jab and trying to stop Jonas letting her left hand go. Jonas is adept at fighting off the back foot , and as well as her left hand she can also land a hefty blow with her right especially her right hook , and as a southpaw i think she could give Mayer problems aplenty with the different angles he punches will be coming from , and the fact that sometimes Mayer tends to drop her head when throwing a straight right could let in Jonas with some decent countering. Whichever way i look at this one i can make a case for both of the fighters , but as i gotta side with someone i have to go with Jonas , although as i say this could go either way.

Natasha Jones To Win

Jack Cullen v Zak Chelli
All British bout this one , and one im looking forward to after the pair fought to a draw back in 2020 , both of them come into this on the back of stoppage wins but their fortunes have both been mixed in all honesty , Cullen (27 Fights - 22 Wins (10 KOs) - 4 Losses - 1 Draw) has lost two of his last four fights , the first of those losses came against Kevin Sadjo for the vacant European Super Middleweight Title , where he was stopped in the sixth round , he then Vladimir Beljusky on points , in March of last year he faced American Diego Pacheco who stopped him in four rounds. His last fight was against Mark Heffron who he stopped in the third round. That was probably his best performance for quite a while imho. Chelli (17 Fights - 14 Wins (7 KOs) - 2 Losses - 1 Draw) stopped Jordan Grannum last time , but to be honest that was nothing special as Grannum is a journeyman with a record of 143 Fights - 9 Wins (0 KOs) - 129 Losses - 5 Draws , so if he couldnt of managed to put him away they'd of been something seriously wrong so im looking at that fight as a confidence booster before he fights Cullen. Before that fight he lost against the well touted Mark Jeffers , he was pretty much shut out and outclassed by Jeffers for the whole fight so it was no great surprise to see him lose by unanimous decision. This is gonna be an interesting one i think as for me Chelli edged their previous encounter , and i think he'll be fired up for this and want to set the record straight whilst Cullen whose the current BBBoC and Commonweath Champion is also going to want to prove a point. To my mind Cullen seems not to be the fighter he once was whilst Chelli looks to be in his prime , beating some good opponents before his last two bouts. I think Chelli will get to work on the inside , and look to stop his opponent , he doesnt have particularly heavy hands but he throws with intent and he throws often. Should be a good fight , and a close one probably , but for me Chelli edges it.

Zak Chelli To Win

ZAK CHELLI WINS :thumb

NATASHA JONAS WINS :thumb

Last edited by a moderator:
Saturday 27th January -

Jaime Munguia v John Ryder
This has all the earmarks of a proper war , and i'm looking forward to watching this one. The unbeaten Munguia (42 Fights - 42 Wins (33 KOs)) comes into this bout after beating Sergiy Derevyanchenko by UD , in what was a great battle and saw Munguia having to dig deep (unexpectedly in all honesty as most people thought he'd walk through Derevyanchenko) to take the win , whilst Ryder (38 Fights - 32 Wins (18 KOs) - 6 Losses) comes into this after losing to Saul Alvarez , and whilst he was kind of expected to lose to Canelo , he came out of it with credit and can hold his head high imho. I'd say that Ryder is possibly Munguia's toughest opponent to date , as hes tough as old boots (only been stopped once in his career , back in 2015) and is a true warrior who you can never write off. And though he has 6 losses on his resume he can be counted as unlucky in at least a couple of them , against Callum Smith and Rocky Fielding were very dubious decisions imo and for me should of gone in Ryders favour , and hes been up against some tough opponents in the likes of Alvarez , Billy Joe Saunders , Callum Smith etc .. so this isnt gonna be a cake walk for Munguia by any means but the question has to be how much has Ryder got left in the tank , because of his come forward , never say die style of fighting hes been in some proper battles over the years and they will have left their mark , whereas for the number of fights hes had Munguia still remains , for me , relatively fresh due to the quality of opposition. Im expecting a total war in this one , as Munguia is a rhythmic fighter , who once in his comfort zone will start throwing heavy shots , to the body and the head , and im expecting much of the same here , but Ryder has been there , seen it and got the t shirt , so i see him fighting his fight , coming forward and getting busy. Munguia has age on his side , and as i said earlier he hasnt been involved in as many wars as Ryder , and that has to be a plus on Munguias side but then on the flip side of that Ryder has more experience and knows all the tricks plus his attitude counts for alot as far as im concerned. Should be a good fight to watch i think , im coming down on the side of Munguia (slightly) , who i think just edges it for me , although there could well be moments where Ryder troubles him.

Jaime Munguia To Win

Saturday 27th January -

Jaime Munguia v John Ryder
This has all the earmarks of a proper war , and i'm looking forward to watching this one. The unbeaten Munguia (42 Fights - 42 Wins (33 KOs)) comes into this bout after beating Sergiy Derevyanchenko by UD , in what was a great battle and saw Munguia having to dig deep (unexpectedly in all honesty as most people thought he'd walk through Derevyanchenko) to take the win , whilst Ryder (38 Fights - 32 Wins (18 KOs) - 6 Losses) comes into this after losing to Saul Alvarez , and whilst he was kind of expected to lose to Canelo , he came out of it with credit and can hold his head high imho. I'd say that Ryder is possibly Munguia's toughest opponent to date , as hes tough as old boots (only been stopped once in his career , back in 2015) and is a true warrior who you can never write off. And though he has 6 losses on his resume he can be counted as unlucky in at least a couple of them , against Callum Smith and Rocky Fielding were very dubious decisions imo and for me should of gone in Ryders favour , and hes been up against some tough opponents in the likes of Alvarez , Billy Joe Saunders , Callum Smith etc .. so this isnt gonna be a cake walk for Munguia by any means but the question has to be how much has Ryder got left in the tank , because of his come forward , never say die style of fighting hes been in some proper battles over the years and they will have left their mark , whereas for the number of fights hes had Munguia still remains , for me , relatively fresh due to the quality of opposition. Im expecting a total war in this one , as Munguia is a rhythmic fighter , who once in his comfort zone will start throwing heavy shots , to the body and the head , and im expecting much of the same here , but Ryder has been there , seen it and got the t shirt , so i see him fighting his fight , coming forward and getting busy. Munguia has age on his side , and as i said earlier he hasnt been involved in as many wars as Ryder , and that has to be a plus on Munguias side but then on the flip side of that Ryder has more experience and knows all the tricks plus his attitude counts for alot as far as im concerned. Should be a good fight to watch i think , im coming down on the side of Munguia (slightly) , who i think just edges it for me , although there could well be moments where Ryder troubles him.

Jaime Munguia To Win

JAIMIE MUNGUIA WINS :thumb

Saturday 3rd February -

Adam Aziz v Enock Poulson
Quite looking forward to this as Adam Aziz is a decent prospect imho , Both come into this with unbeaten records so someone has to take a hit on their records .. Aziz (10 Fights - 10 Wins (7 KOs)) looks a decent prospect from what i've seen thus far and comes into this after beating Frank Petitjean by TKO for the EBU European Super lightweight title , and he makes his first defence of the title when he takes on Enock Poulson (14 Fights - 14 Wins (5 KOs)) who was the title holder when beating the same opponent , Petitjean , in April of 2021 bu unanimous decision , Petitjean and his team asked for a rematch which was granted but in the meantime Poulson suffered an injury so vacated the title and Petitjean fought for it and won , as he vacated the title Poulson was promised another go at it and here we are .. hes had two fights since the injury winning both , but neither of his opponents are in Azims' league imho and hes going to have alot more on his plate here. Hes confident and capable it has to be said but i think Azim will prove to much for him and i think the fact that this will be his first fight outside Denmark could well go against him , and Azim is gonna want to impress in his first title defence in the hope that he can get fights on a bigger stage. The way he fights i see Azim going for the knockout , and for me its entirely possible that he gets it , hes gonna use his height and reach advantage to good effect and i think he retains the belt.

Adam Aziz To Win

Joshua Buatsi v Dan Azeez
All British dust up between two South London fighters who are , as yet , unbeaten protaganists , which im really looking forward to if both come in fit and well , this is truly a 50/50 fight for me , and a hard one to try and fathom out if im being honest , what makes it all the more interesting is the fact that they've known each other for a long time and sparred and trained together often over the years so they know each others strengths and weakenesses inside out so i would think this could well be a cagey and strategic fight , a bit of cat and mouse. Buatsi (17 Fights - 17 Wins (13 KOs)) was an impressive fighter when in the the amateur scene who had boundless talent and looked to be going places when he joined the pro ranks , but that hasnt really been the case to be honest , he started off okay but since the Ryan Ford fight he seems to have gone off script if you ask me , he turned down a bout with Dmitry Bivol saying he wanted to pursue Azeez which didnt make sense to me but there you go... Dan Azeez (20 Fights - 20 Wins (13 KOs)) hasnt got the pedigree of his opponent , and for who he's fought so far this is a step up in class , but hes a busy fighter , hes fighting at least two to three times a year since 2019 and whilst he hasnt , maybe , got the talent of Buatsi he has that hunger which counts for alot. He is the only British Light Heavyweight to take all the BBBoC domestic titles which is something to be proud of , as well as Commonwealth and European titles to boot. Buatsi in his last few fights has looked to tire towards the mid to late rounds to me , and this could play into Azeez' gloves as hes proved time and time again that he is relentless and has a good engine who will throw for 12 rounds , and he wont stop taking it to Buatsi. I am having a hard time trying to make my mind up but i cant help feeling that this fight has been played out before in the Okolie v Billiam Smith bout , theres alot of similarities between Okolie and Buatsi imho and their careers to date , and when he met Billiam Smith , someone he knew well , he was expected to win and it didnt go according to plan/script and i cant help feeling that the Buatsi / Azeez fight could well go the same way. Buatsi is definatley the better boxer , has a solid jab but he doesnt move his head much and therefore gets tagged more than he should i think , and hes gonna have to start well to get a few rounds on the scorecards because come the mid rounds onwards Azeez will start coming on strong , and whilst i wouldnt rule out a stoppage im having a hard job seeing it , and i think it will boil down to grit and determination and who wants it the most tbh. If Buatsi has started well i think he maybe holds on and gets the decision but im not 100% and if im being totally honest i would really like to see Azeez take it as hes grafted for it and come up the hard way , so im gonna let my heart rule my head and got with Dan Azeez to walk away with the victory.

Dan Azeez To Win

Caroline Dubois v Miranda Reyes
Caroline Dubois (8 Fights - 8 Wins (5 KOs)) is one of my favourite female boxers , definatley a future star in the making imho and she meets the American Miranda Reyes (9 Fights - 7 Wins (3 KOs) - 1 Loss - 1 Draw) after her bout with fellow UK boxer Rhiannon Dixon fell through. Have to admit that i dont know too much about Reyes but on paper this looks a bit of a mis match to me , and Dubois will definatley be Reyes toughest opponent to date , and this will be her first ten rounder as well. She beat former Junior Featherweight titlist Yazmin Rivas last time on points , and for me shes gonna have to improve significantly to trouble Dubois here. I cant see past a Caroline Dubois win in this one , as she moves towards a tilt at a world title.

Caroline Dubois To Win

Looking forward to tonights boxing gotta admit , and theres more over in Vegas where Conor Benn continues his comeback (still aint got a licence for the UK as far as i know) ,, he meets Peter Dobson and has said that after this one hes looking for a fight with Jaron 'Boots' Ennis .. in his first fight back he beat Rodolfo Orozco by unanimous decision , and looked a little lacklustre in doing so , altho that was his first fight back so can make excuses but hes gonna have to up his game considerably if hes to beat Boots imho

Good card over in Vegas , alot of Brits , one that i like is heavyweight prospect Johnny Fisher who meets Ukranian Dymtro Bezus in a ten rounder whilst Khalil Coe faces the unbeaten Mexican banger Gerardo Osuna whose stopped 18 of his 20 opponents thus far .. Jimmy Sains and George Liddard are also on the card

And the bad news is that Uysk / Fury is off due to Fury recieving a cut in training .. i knew something like this would happen , im not even sure if the event happens now .. Hgrovic has said he'll step up and Uysk apparently has said hes fine with that , but at the mo no one really knows whats going on

Looking forward to tonights boxing gotta admit , and theres more over in Vegas where Conor Benn continues his comeback (still aint got a licence for the UK as far as i know) ,, he meets Peter Dobson and has said that after this one hes looking for a fight with Jaron 'Boots' Ennis .. in his first fight back he beat Rodolfo Orozco by unanimous decision , and looked a little lacklustre in doing so , altho that was his first fight back so can make excuses but hes gonna have to up his game considerably if hes to beat Boots imho

Good card over in Vegas , alot of Brits , one that i like is heavyweight prospect Johnny Fisher who meets Ukranian Dymtro Bezus in a ten rounder whilst Khalil Coe faces the unbeaten Mexican banger Gerardo Osuna whose stopped 18 of his 20 opponents thus far .. Jimmy Sains and George Liddard are also on the card

Looked at the Benn fight, think it will not go the distance, so under 7.5 rounds looks the play for me

Saturday 3rd February -

Adam Aziz v Enock Poulson
Quite looking forward to this as Adam Aziz is a decent prospect imho , Both come into this with unbeaten records so someone has to take a hit on their records .. Aziz (10 Fights - 10 Wins (7 KOs)) looks a decent prospect from what i've seen thus far and comes into this after beating Frank Petitjean by TKO for the EBU European Super lightweight title , and he makes his first defence of the title when he takes on Enock Poulson (14 Fights - 14 Wins (5 KOs)) who was the title holder when beating the same opponent , Petitjean , in April of 2021 bu unanimous decision , Petitjean and his team asked for a rematch which was granted but in the meantime Poulson suffered an injury so vacated the title and Petitjean fought for it and won , as he vacated the title Poulson was promised another go at it and here we are .. hes had two fights since the injury winning both , but neither of his opponents are in Azims' league imho and hes going to have alot more on his plate here. Hes confident and capable it has to be said but i think Azim will prove to much for him and i think the fact that this will be his first fight outside Denmark could well go against him , and Azim is gonna want to impress in his first title defence in the hope that he can get fights on a bigger stage. The way he fights i see Azim going for the knockout , and for me its entirely possible that he gets it , hes gonna use his height and reach advantage to good effect and i think he retains the belt.

Adam Aziz To Win

Joshua Buatsi v Dan Azeez
All British dust up between two South London fighters who are , as yet , unbeaten protaganists , which im really looking forward to if both come in fit and well , this is truly a 50/50 fight for me , and a hard one to try and fathom out if im being honest , what makes it all the more interesting is the fact that they've known each other for a long time and sparred and trained together often over the years so they know each others strengths and weakenesses inside out so i would think this could well be a cagey and strategic fight , a bit of cat and mouse. Buatsi (17 Fights - 17 Wins (13 KOs)) was an impressive fighter when in the the amateur scene who had boundless talent and looked to be going places when he joined the pro ranks , but that hasnt really been the case to be honest , he started off okay but since the Ryan Ford fight he seems to have gone off script if you ask me , he turned down a bout with Dmitry Bivol saying he wanted to pursue Azeez which didnt make sense to me but there you go... Dan Azeez (20 Fights - 20 Wins (13 KOs)) hasnt got the pedigree of his opponent , and for who he's fought so far this is a step up in class , but hes a busy fighter , hes fighting at least two to three times a year since 2019 and whilst he hasnt , maybe , got the talent of Buatsi he has that hunger which counts for alot. He is the only British Light Heavyweight to take all the BBBoC domestic titles which is something to be proud of , as well as Commonwealth and European titles to boot. Buatsi in his last few fights has looked to tire towards the mid to late rounds to me , and this could play into Azeez' gloves as hes proved time and time again that he is relentless and has a good engine who will throw for 12 rounds , and he wont stop taking it to Buatsi. I am having a hard time trying to make my mind up but i cant help feeling that this fight has been played out before in the Okolie v Billiam Smith bout , theres alot of similarities between Okolie and Buatsi imho and their careers to date , and when he met Billiam Smith , someone he knew well , he was expected to win and it didnt go according to plan/script and i cant help feeling that the Buatsi / Azeez fight could well go the same way. Buatsi is definatley the better boxer , has a solid jab but he doesnt move his head much and therefore gets tagged more than he should i think , and hes gonna have to start well to get a few rounds on the scorecards because come the mid rounds onwards Azeez will start coming on strong , and whilst i wouldnt rule out a stoppage im having a hard job seeing it , and i think it will boil down to grit and determination and who wants it the most tbh. If Buatsi has started well i think he maybe holds on and gets the decision but im not 100% and if im being totally honest i would really like to see Azeez take it as hes grafted for it and come up the hard way , so im gonna let my heart rule my head and got with Dan Azeez to walk away with the victory.

Dan Azeez To Win

Caroline Dubois v Miranda Reyes
Caroline Dubois (8 Fights - 8 Wins (5 KOs)) is one of my favourite female boxers , definatley a future star in the making imho and she meets the American Miranda Reyes (9 Fights - 7 Wins (3 KOs) - 1 Loss - 1 Draw) after her bout with fellow UK boxer Rhiannon Dixon fell through. Have to admit that i dont know too much about Reyes but on paper this looks a bit of a mis match to me , and Dubois will definatley be Reyes toughest opponent to date , and this will be her first ten rounder as well. She beat former Junior Featherweight titlist Yazmin Rivas last time on points , and for me shes gonna have to improve significantly to trouble Dubois here. I cant see past a Caroline Dubois win in this one , as she moves towards a tilt at a world title.

Caroline Dubois To Win

Caroline Dubois Wins :thumb
Adam Aziz Wins :thumb
Joshua Buatsi Wins :grr

Well Connor Benn won by decision , he did win it but i think he still has a bit of ring rust .. Johnny Fisher stopped Bezus in the first round :thumb The Romford Bull marches on

yeah result never in doubt but he looked like he needed the run!

Thursday 8th February -

Teofimo Lopez v Jermaine Ortiz
Quite an interesting fight this one , for Lopez' Ring / WBO Lightweight titles , and one that i'll want to be watching. Lopez (20 Fights - 19 Wins (13 KOs) - 1 Loss) arrives on the back of a one sided drubbing of British fighter Josh Taylor last time , whilst Ortiz (19 Fights - 17 Wins (8 KOs) - 1 Loss - 1 Draw) comes into this after beating Antonio Moran by UD , in all fairness that was probably more of a confidence booster after losing to Vasily Lomachenko in his penultimate fight , the first loss on his record. There was no great shame in losing to one of the P4P best but its interesting that the biggest scalp on Lopez' resume is Lomachenkos , when he beat him by unanimous decision back in October 2020. He then faced Aussie George Kambosos Jr , and lost by split decision , which tbh was a shock to most people as almost everyone expected him to win. Lopez , for me , is an excellent boxer when hes on top of his game , and i think in all departments hes better than Ortiz , skillset , athletiscism , ring IQ etc .. thats not to say that Ortiz hasnt got decent skills and hes agressive and athletic also. Jamel Herring is probably the biggest name on his record to date and that was a great performance to beat him , but Lopez has bigger names and has been there and done it , which i think puts him in pole position for this fight. If coming into this fight in tip top condition im having a hard job seeing Lopez losing this , as tho Ortiz' offensive skills are solid i think his defense can be lacking at times and i think Lopez will be able to take advantage of this and pick him apart. I would say that very probably the fight goes the distance with Lopez emerging victorious but i do think that given his defensive frailties at times there could be a chance of a stoppage by Lopez , probably in the later rounds , but i have to say Ortiz has never been stopped and his chin has held up well to date.

Teofimo Lopez To Win

Back