1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

ANTE-POST British Ante Post Betting 2019/2020

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by slick, Jul 5, 2019.

1. slick

slick Administrator

2. Punter

Punter Moderator

I've got e.w 20/1 about Leyton Orient winning League Two and 4/1 for promotion.

Terrible news about Justin Edinburgh a month or so ago. I'm sure they'll be even more together this coming season and that aside, consecutive promotions from The National League to League 1 are not uncommon.

I remember Orient coming to Hereford when we were both in what's todays Championship. It was a fucking freezing day and we were both in the bottom 3. A certain Laurie Cunningham stole the show. He was just brilliant. To think he went on to spend 5yrs at Real Madrid later on.

I'm expecting them to go well again this season.

Bournemouth to be relegated is another strong fancy of mine. I've got 5/1 on them going down
    ThunderCelt and slick like this.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Newcastle could be another to watch for relegation @ 4.33 now Benitez has gone and new owners don't look like they're coming in any time soon.
    Punter likes this.
  4. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

Newcastle might be a good shout. League Two looks the most open of the four English ones to me, so why not Orient. They were the best team I saw at Aldershot last season so I'd definitely expect them to be among the pace setters.
    Punter likes this.
  5. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Did Aldershot get relegated TC but reinstated after Gateshead got kicked from league for financial issues ?

Guy I work with is a Darlington fan and we are going to travel down for a game so he can show me his old stomping ground and noticed Gateshead are now in the nirth league.
  6. ThunderCelt

Yup, exactly that, although I forget which rule they broke.
  7. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Just starting to look at this coming seasons bets, with regards to relegation and promotion - any particular reason for Leyton Orient Punt, have they made any significant signings or got a pot of money from somewhere?
    Punter likes this.
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

It's not a fully researched bet so i dont really know much. I'm just going on what i've already mentioned. It's more a hunch/value bet to me.
    They have lost a good striker to Charlton but have bought one in from Shrewsbury. Not many changes other than that but all of Edinburgh's staff remain at the club for this season and i see that as a positive.
  9. ThunderCelt

I'm struggling to find any antepost bets I like, because the bookies' prices generally agree with my own thoughts. I will do my series of various multiples across the season though. One I have done is Mansfield top 7 with Unibet's 11/10; like most other bookies with 5/6 being typical I think it's slightly more likely than not, so I think it's value. Mansfield are ambitious, sacking their manager last time after failing at the play-offs, and they have recruited well this summer. The very top of L2 looks on paper (to me, anyway) stronger than last year so Mansfield will do well to get an automatic spot, but I can see them comfortably making the play offs.
    Punter likes this.