1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Canadian Championship - 08/05

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by Napoleon Solo, May 7, 2014.

1. Napoleon Solo

Napoleon Solo New Member

It's been a while since I've posted here but I'm trying to get back into posting my bets to become a bit more disciplined.

08/05 00:30 Toronto FC v Vancouver Whitecaps 1.61 3.75 5.50
    08/05 02:30 FC Edmonton v Montreal Impact 4.00 3.40 1.90

This is the Canadian equivalent of the FA Cup, usually contested by the three Canadian MLS team (Toronto, Vancouver & Montreal) along with one or two others. The others were Ottawa Fury and FC Edmonton, with Edmonton winning the play-off match. Montreal should win this game but I won't be betting on it. My focus is instead on Toronto v Vancouver.

Toronto started the MLS season well but have lost four of the last five. This seemed to coincide with injuries to Jermain Defoe and a couple of other players. Defoe was back in the last game, a 1-2 home loss, and looked a bit rusty but should get some game time here to sharpen up. A few other key Toronto players also make their returns following layoffs and they should have a fairly strong squad, including USA international Michael Bradley. The only major player missing for Toronto should be 'keeper Julio Cesar who will be rested for this match. Toronto don't play for a week following this game so don't need to rest players for an MLS game this weekend.

Vancouver are doing alright so far this season, but the reason for this bet is that they'll rest the majority of their starting players for this game. They have an important MLS match on Saturday against Columbus so have decided to play a host of their younger players, including some from their academy. Among the younger players will be Canadian midfielders Russell Teibert (21) and Bryce Alderson (20) and goalkeeper Marco Carducci (17), Alderson and Carducci both making their debuts.

Toronto have no reason to hold back here as they don't have another game until the return leg next Wednesday and should play a strong team looking to get back into a bit of form and hopefully put this tie to bed before the second leg. They also have a good record in this competition, having won it in each of the four years preceding last year. With Vancouver playing an understrength side Toronto will know they have a very good chance of a decent victory.

Toronto to win @ 1.72 - Bet365 (4/5)
    Toronto AH(-1) @ 2.20 - Bet365 (2/5)
    rcgills likes this.
  2. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Good luck Napoleon :thumb
  3. Magallanes

Magallanes New Member

Thanks RC. 2-1 to Toronto so 2.88 points profit. Toronto dominated and probably should have been a few more up before Vancouver's late reply.

Bit of an upset in the other game but Montreal rested a few players going by reports I've read.

Good start back anyhow! :)
  4. Napoleon Solo

Napoleon Solo New Member

Oops, was logged in as another user I signed up as ages ago.
  5. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Well, that's one mystery name solved. Now, who's Cerdeaste?

Well done on the winner by the way :clap
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

Cerdeaste has to be a bot, logs in when i do and logs out when i do. Somebody please tell me it's a bot!!

Well done Solo :thumb