1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Carling Cup Betting 20-21st September

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by slick, Sep 18, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Tuesday 20th September 2011
    19:45 Aldershot Town 11/8 Draw 12/5 Rochdale 13/8
    19:45 Arsenal 1/6 Draw 11/2 Shrewsbury 10/1
    19:45 Aston Villa 4/5 Draw 12/5 Bolton 3/1
    19:45 Burnley 10/11 Draw 23/10 MK Dons 13/5
    19:45 Leeds 9/2 Draw 11/4 Manchester Utd 8/15
    19:45 Nottingham Forest 7/4 Draw 12/5 Newcastle 6/5
    19:45 Stoke 6/4 Draw 12/5 Tottenham 6/4
    19:45 Wolves 4/5 Draw 12/5 Millwall 3/1
    20:00 Crystal Palace 13/8 Draw 12/5 Middlesbrough 11/8
    20:00 Blackburn 4/11 Draw 10/3 Leyton Orient 7/1

Wednesday 21st September 2011
    19:45 Brighton 7/2 Draw 11/4 Liverpool 8/13
    19:45 Cardiff 5/4 Draw 12/5 Leicester 7/4
    19:45 Chelsea 2/7 Draw 4/1 Fulham 8/1
    19:45 Manchester City 2/9 Draw 9/2 Birmingham 8/1
    19:45 Southampton 8/15 Draw 11/4 Preston 9/2
    20:00 Everton 8/11 Draw 5/2 West Brom 7/2

Odds Skybet
  2. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

First thoughts are that werent MK Dons missing a load of players yesterday or have I made that up? If right then that could neutralise the Burnley side & make 10/11 decent? Villa will take it seriously as its the only real trophy available to us but is 4/5 value? I'd certainly be surprised to see us lose @ home to Bolton. Leeds/Manue? Fuck knows. Fergie wont like this I dont think, & maybe theres value in Leeds....in fact there has to be.
    Forest @ home to Newcastle? I can see that happening, but is 7/4 enough?
    Stoke & Spurs both have history of resting players in this so team news important before betting, if at all.
    Crystal Palace could be argued for as Middlesboro will be looking at promotion whereas Palace could relax in this competition, wouldnt rule it out.
    Think Aldershot look a decent shout, but others will know better than me.
    If it was Liverpool under anyone than Kenny, & they hadnt got thumped today, I'd say Brighton were worth a look, but not now.
    Cardiff must be worth a shout.
    Dont fancy anything in the Man City game, nor Chelsea nor Arsenal.
    Southampton might have other things on their mind with a good start, team news crucial but Preston worth a look?
    Everton too short, not got the players. be interesting to see if Hodgson rests any but I think Albion worth a shout here.

Ones I'm looking at hardest: Forst, Palace, Cardiff, WBA
  3. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

Arsenal are in a bit of a mess and I'd expect Wenger to put out a strong side because he can't afford many more embarassments. But if he does rest his top players and Shrewsbury can hold out long enough to get the crowd and the players nervous the 10/1 might look good. But that's probably a team news and possiby in-play one.

I'd expect us to give it a right go against Rochdale, but I think the prices look about right - unless like Carlisle in the last round Rochdale field a squad side who look as if they didn't fancy the long journey south on a Tuesday night (and, to be honest, what is there not to like about an autumn Tuesday evening in Aldershot?). Team news again, I think. And sadly I can't go.
  4. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Squaddies & horror writers on the piss :unsure
  5. ThunderCelt

Excatly. Add the chavs. . .and what's not to like about Aldershot? :p
  6. MickeyPaul

MickeyPaul Merry Christmas!

Will Harry (Spurs) be fielding his Europa league side you think? I think I may take a chance on them.
  7. MickeyPaul

8. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I wouldnt think Dalglish will give many players the night off after yesterday :unsure
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

Agreed Swoop'...I expect to see Gerrard at some point in this match too
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

...having said that we could still lose this, odds are no value that's for sure
  11. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Be a tough place to go for sure, Brighton will have a right go at 'em. theres far better bets than that, surely?
  12. MickeyPaul

Hmmm... I dunno. It's not one to make the mouth water particularly but.... meh. I expect them to bounce back quite strongly. Ish.
  13. fc basher

fc basher Member

I should imagine Newcastle should be worth a tiny investment,Forest look poor by their fans reactions to recent results,so being third bottom I shouldnt think Forest would wont to risk to many first team players in a cup game.
  14. slick

slick Administrator

I'm in two minds about the Liverpool game, I can't really see Dalglish playing his full strength squad as some sort of payback for two defeats, if anything i think he will rest them as that Champs league spot will be priority, If Gerrards fit then he will obviously figure at some point but i won't expect to see him pulling up trees at this point.
    Then we have Brighton who suffered their first defeat at the weekend, did they maybe have one eye on this game and took their foot off the gas?
    liverpools team news will be crucial b4 placing any bet on this game, as will most of those fixtures containing Prem sides.
  15. MickeyPaul

Dalglish does tend to play the first teamers though Slick which is the important thing. He doesn't fuck about in the cups much. You can see his starting eleven at Exeter a few posts above. I'm not saying that makes them bankers. Just pointing it out.
  16. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Worth noting, particularly if Brighton take that game to the brink, that they play on friday after only 2 days rest.

Taken Spurs, Aldershot & Gateshead from the conference, doubles & up
  17. Punter

Punter Moderator

I've just had a punt too..

Bolton @ 18/5
    MK Dons @ 14/5
    Newcastle @ 6/4
    Spurs @ 7/4

Doubles and Trebles
  18. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

My shot for tonight:

Aldershot @ 2.20

Newcastle @ 2.38

Over 2.5 @ 1.83
    Stoke v Tottenham

Yes @ 1.57
    Burnley v MK Dons
    Both Teams To Score
  19. ThunderCelt

My only punt tonight (unless team news throws up anything surprising) is a speculative low stake draw/Shrewsbury double chance at Arsenal. I got 15/4 at Hills; not quite the 4/1 I wanted, but not far off. The same formula seems to be here as for Aldershot's win against West Ham :dance - a decent League Two side away at a side lacking in confidence, and likely to be playing a string of second teamers. With Aldershot we had our share of luck in a stupid sending off and Shrewsbury will need something similar tonight. On form Arsenal aren't much different from West Ham, while Shrewsbury probably are no worse than us despite having some players missing. Anything but an Arsenal win is highly unlikely of course, but that's reflected in the odds which I think are worth it for a bit of fun and very small stakes - until the Gunners go three up in ten minutes...
  20. Punter

Punter Moderator

A couple of Anytime goalscorer bets too

Ngog @ 9/4
    Eagles @ 11/2