1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Cheltenham 2013

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by Kegman, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I know horsenap.com is there and will post on there as well but what is everybodies fancies for Cheltenham next week ?

Ive done the following ones - some are antepost and others are no runner no bets.

Kim Muir - Super Duty
    Jewsons - Dynaste
    National Hunt Chase - Rival D'Estruval (local owner)
    Gold Cup - Bobs Worth
    Triumph Hurdle - Our Conor
    Supreme Novices - Melodic Rendezvous/Un Atout
    RSA - Aupcharlie
    Arkle - Captain Conan
    Champion Hurdle - Grandouet
    World Hurdle - Get me out of here
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

The first year I haven't spend weeks and weeks studying and checking the runners every night to see what's dropped out so I'm expecting to make a profit :lol

So far I've just looked at day 1

I know My Tent or Yours is greatly underpriced but I'm a big JP McManus follower so I would be on it at any price. Likewise I'm on Binocular ew at 10/1 - it has made me more than it could ever lose me.

McCain hasn't had the greatest of seasons but I wouldn't be surprised to see Overturn win on Tuesday

240 Our Mick and Alfie Sherrin ew

Cross country race Sizing Australia ew

Colour Squadron.

Nothing massively original I know but I intend to chuck some big ew lucky 15s on every dayj
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

Much smaller stakes for me this year and i've stayed away from taking anything ante post with the exception of one, and even then i made sure it was a non runner no bet race. I've got two fancies so far but the one is entered in two races so i'm holding back with that one for now.

I'm half hour away from Cheltenham and it's not stopped raining down here today, 4mm of rain fell on the course and more is expected tomorrow. I dont think there will be much good ground come festival time. With my two main hopes, the softer will improve the chances of one but probably go against the other.

Forgotten Voice is a possible runner in the County Hurdle on the Friday, a N.Henderson trained horse who impressed me when winning at Kempton 3 weeks ago.

Whether he'll run or not i dont know, Henderson has four others entered in the race but for now i've had a decent bet @ 14/1 and i'll have a fair bit more if he runs and Geraghty or McCoy takes the ride.

Seymour Eric is the one that wants the rain, the softer or even the heavier the better. Owned by a group of ten people i was talking to one of them the other day, he owns my local pub, though he didnt give much away when talking this time. The horse has won it's last 4 races ( i was only on it the once :rant). He's been a different horse since being pulled from Scudamore's stable, apparently a slight adjustment of the headgear has helped too but they fancy this for a good show again. Entered in two races, the Pertempts on the Thursday and the Albert Bartlett on the Friday. I've not had a bet yet but i will if he runs. Currently 14/1 and 25/1.
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

BE AWARE THAT WILLIAM HILL ARE THE ONLY BOOKIES NOT OFFERING NON RUNNER NO BET.

DO NOT BET WITH THEM

WANKERS
  5. traeth

traeth Moderator

I've taken this offer from Coral

£20 max
  6. beamer

beamer Moderator

Looks like it's going to be genuinely soft ground, which is unusual.

Possible it will favour the Irish slowboats, who seem to have no option but to run on that kind of ground.
  7. beamer

beamer Moderator

The Morning Line stated the last time the going was soft was 2007, which was only partially correct as that related to day 1 and the going report changed during the day.

The Supreme and Champion were run on soft and went to 40/1 and 16/1 shots.

I normally want to take on the French breds on decent ground, so interesting to see three French breds won that day.

No doubt I will blow a fortune on Irish trained French breds on Tuesday.
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

Nice one Traeth :thumb

Definately time to start looking for the soft lovers, i can see one or two favourites pulling out or not living up to the punters expectations. As you say beam' it could well favour the irish raiders. Boston Bob wont mind it at all and has now gone higher on my list.
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I jumped straight onto betfair on Friday morning and laid the official going good-soft at odds on, having read Punt's post that it had n't stopped raining all night. With that information, plus the prediction that their may be a frost in the next few days, soft going looks inevitable. The covers will be on to keep the frost at bay and the rain that's in the ground surely won't get chance to dry or drain in time for 130 Tuesday.

Thanks Punter:thumb
    Punter likes this.
  10. beamer

beamer Moderator

I thought you were wrong on this until I realised they are only NRNB on three feature races.

The only upside with them is you won't get any nasty R4's.
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

Any good bookie offers?

I think if you like combination bets then Betfred look the bookie to consider. Though i've not made up my mind on singles or combo's for the festival yet...

12. Punter

Punter Moderator

Have an enjoyable one fellas.

I'm small stakes till Friday, probably Friday too tbh. But i'm going to enjoy it no matter what:)

Only 2 places in the Arkle is a bit disappointing. It looks to be between Overturn and Simonsig and probably will be, but it's a chase and i live in hope that one of them wont turn up on the day. Or one of either Geraghty or Maguire gets unseated at one of the fences (with all parties uninjured of course).
    I'm on Tap Night to win and place here @ 32 & 8. I think Lucinda Russell only sent two down to the festival last year and one of those won? She's sending a few more this year probably due to the Soft going and she can pick her races well.
    With McCoy in the saddle and this being the only JP McManus horse in the race i wont rule Tap Night out of a place should it go wrong for one of the two market leaders.

I'm on one of Russells in the next race too, Nuts N Bolts @ 42 & 7.4 but the price probably says it all.

I've gone for the two outsiders in the Champion! Mainly in hope that one of them might snatch a place.
    I thought Kyber Kim did well to get within 4 1/2 lengths of Zarkander last time. That was his 1st race for 10 months, while Zarkander was running for the 3rd time this season. Balder Succes also ran well that day a further 4 lengths back.
    I've got them @ 50 &130 to win and 10.5 & 17 to place.

I'm on another two of McManus's horses, in the the Cross Country Chase, Outlaw Pete @ 6.6 to win and Freneys Well @ 50 & 7.8 to place. Outlaw Pete looks his best chance but i do like the trainer, jockey combination of his outsider.

In the 4.40 i'm on Une Artiste @ 8.4 to upset Quivega and in the last i'm on Charlie Longsdons lesser fancy in the race, Hazy Tom @ 18.5. & 5
  13. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Good Luck

My bets today are

1.30-Un Atout..Each Way @ 7-1 [Stan James] BOG

3.20-Rock On Ruby.Each Way @ 5-1 [Ladbrokes]

4.00-Outlaw Pete..Each Way @ 11-2 [Betfred] BOG

5.15-Shangani..Each Way @ 8-1 [Bet Victor] BOG
  14. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Sky Sports are reporting that there's an inspection at 1030!
  15. Punter

Punter Moderator

I wouldn't want to make a guess as to whether it goes ahead or not. The sun is out and there's not much of a breeze or clouds about but i've just walked to work, the ground is frozen and the air is ice cold.

50/50
  16. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

In that case get on Betfair Punt. 3/1 on a 50/50 chance
  17. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

its on & the problem appears to have been the cross country which presumably is too big to cover. Thats now going last @ 5:45 after a 2:15 inspection. Everything else is going back 35 minutes
  18. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

My bets are:
    2:05 River Maigue
    2:40 Tap night
    3:20 Monkerty Tunkerty & Tullamore Dew
    4:00 Grandouet
    4:40 Swing Bowler
    5:15 Carlito Brigante
    5:45 Sacre Tiery
  19. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

My lucky 31
    205 River Mague 14/1
    320 Fruity o'rooney 10/1
    440 She ranks me 28/1
    515 Johns Spirit 16/1
    545 Uncle Junior 8/1
  20. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

well 1st day was shit for me

word up our way is that Rival D'estruval in the first is expected to run a big race - owner stays about 8 miles along the road

I'm on Rule the world in the neptune

RSA - Unionist

I'm leaving Queen Mother alone :inlove - cannae see any value

Coral Cup - I'm into Bondage :wank and Master of the Sea

Fred Winter I'm on the jolly - Saphir Du Rheu

and my nap of the day is Regal Encore in the Bumper

:beer