1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Crypto currencies

Discussion in 'Crypto Currency Investment and Financial Betting' started by slick, Dec 15, 2017.

1. slick

slick Administrator

I'm in the hands of the Gods now hoping these lines don't cross....

1.PNG
  2. slick

slick Administrator

I love a bit of drama:lol

Seems to be coming back now:lookaround
  3. slick

slick Administrator

At the mo ETH £442 and BCH £212 so there was a gain to be had.

I've got ETH up for sale @ £250 and BCH @ £228 because imo BCH looks slightly under valued again.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

It's been a bit up and down this week but the ema's have predicted it.
    Kicking myself for not getting in a couple of large trades when I could see it coming, I went it at too higher price to sell and missed the first dip.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

Great week for Bitcoin, ATH totally smashed.
    be interesting now to see where this ends up either way.
    Punter likes this.
  6. slick

slick Administrator

I need to buy back in now, sold all my crypto when it looked to be dipping last weekend only to drop my biggest bollock of the year lol.

I even sold Moan's ETH that I bought her for her Birthday in April, I think I've mentioned it before but as we were in lockdown I bought her 1 ETH as a novelty for £130

After plenty of 'what the fcuks' I told her to have faith and she soon stopped fcuking moaning when it topped £200 within weeks, then £300, then £400 etc etc.
    Probably the best present I've ever bought lol and in hindsight a great idea.

Anyhow I've flogged it a few times while I've been trading so it owes me nothing but I did bail out @ £425 last weekend, thinking I'll buy it back when the price drops further.
    it turns out it didn't drop further but fcuked off upto £500:lol

I've still got about a £200 window on it as that's what I probably made by trading it before selling it so all's not lost, it's now all about when to buy back in.

Since Bitcoin has hit it's new all time high (ATH) things could soon go either way, it's still riding high but once things settle I think we could see a correction.
    At the moment Bitcoin seems to be settling @ around $22.5k, once and if it dips under $22k I think we could see a few more drops and then I'll be looking to buy back in @ around $20k as that's where I think Bitcoins new mark could be.
    ETH @ that point should be worth £420-£430 which will be my buy in point.

After the Bitcoin correction, hopefully we will be travelling onwards and upwards again.
  7. slick

slick Administrator

That's just the ETH I'm talking about I also sold another ETH and 4 x BCH for a small loss on the day.

of the other I think I'll shove it on Bitcoin if and when it comes back down to $20k or under, or if Bitcoin keeps bouncing around it's current mark I'll try and trade the peaks.
  8. slick

slick Administrator

Seems to be bouncing between 22.5k and 23.5 k for the last couple of days.
    For anybody trading I'd be selling @ 23.3k and buying back at 22.6k, could have done half a dozen of those trades over the last 48hrs.
    I wouldn't go all in though as when it does this it tends to shoot upwards after a while, you might need something in hand to claw it back.
  9. slick

slick Administrator

Long term ema's also look healthy so we should see an upward trend for quite a while yet.
  10. slick

slick Administrator

Bitcoin smashing it again, now over $30k and still rising.
  11. slick

slick Administrator

On the rise again thank God.
    I'm probably the only person in the world that has lost out during this Bull run lol.
    Sold my bags of Eth and BCH just before the big splurge then hung onto the cash waiting for the drop that never happened.
    Cost me about £1k profit by just sitting on it and playing around trying to squeeze extra fivers out of trades that never happened because of it.

In the end I just lumped the lot on BTC as it reached another all time high then watched it drop $6k dollars :lol
    then to add insult to injury all the alts I had started to go through the roof after doing nothing for weeks:cry

With this current wee rise I'm nearly back at my initial BTC investment, hopefully it'll continue onwards and upwards.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

ETH also hit £850, can't believe I had 4 or 5 of them at one time over the summer and sold them to chase link and other alts.
  13. slick

slick Administrator

I did have one stroke of luck this week mind.

After going all in on Bitcoin at near enough it's 'all time high' while in panic mode when I woke up on Sunday (about £24.3k BTC price at the time)
    I put in a Stop / sell order of £20k sell at £19.5k. Just in case we had a sudden drop which is not unusual after hitting all time high, it's never dropped more than £4k'ish so I should be well in the zone.

Anyhow this never happened but Bitcoin did drop £1k to £2k during the next couple of days but nothing drastic which proved imo it was still quite stable.
    When the gradual drop was around -£2k I thought to myself well if there is going to be a sudden drop I could get caught out now so removed my stop/sell.

Less than 12 hours later it happened, there was a sudden drop to £19.5k then back up to around £23k, the exact amount I had put my sell/stop in at, it's not the first time this has happened at albeit lower amounts but i'd like to think that experience had taught me that lesson and it could have cost me a lot of money.

It's as if you are being personally targetted:lol

Babyfacedassasin has been caught out more times than myself but it's a good learning curve that hopefully could save you a fortune when trading with large amounts of money.

It's called a Flash Crash and apparently it was the largest sudden crash in Bitcoins history...
    https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...tcoin-price-latest-crash-record-b1781976.html
  14. slick

slick Administrator

Another ATH today for Bitcoin, now over $40k, I'm up about £500 since Sunday.

I did lose about £50 quid today mind as I took a chance of Bitcoin bouncing back from the $40k wall for a third time but it ploughed through leaving me no other option than to buy it back at a small loss + trading fees.
    It was my own fault mind as I didn't check the ema's before trading which I've done a few times this year and come unstuck every time.
  15. slick

slick Administrator

Been a few up and downs this last week or so but thankfully it's been holding holding well unlike previous years.

I've bailed out a couple of times taking all my bags expecting the worst but it now seems to be holding its own, If that continues then there can only be good times ahead.

knowing what I do now I should be hammering this but trading with past thoughts in my head I'm about evens for the last 6 months.

Cashed out at a loss of about £400 about a week ago in case the arse fell out of the market which was a bad move and am now in the process of gradually trading my way back up.

Now I'm about £200 away from my initial loss and should hopefully get it back within the next 24 hrs.
    Radoslav likes this.
  16. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

17. slick

slick Administrator

Even if it halves it'll still be 5x more than it was in March and give more people the chance to jump on the band wagon.

It's gone up that much I've fell behind by trading it so any large fall in price would come in very handy.
    I'm left with Cash at the moment but still well up on my initial investment since starting again during the initial lockdown.

Just wish I had bought more ETH lol when it was about £100 quid, it's around £1000 now.
  18. slick

slick Administrator

If it does drop in price by half then next time I'll just buy and hold.
    Trading has cost me a small fortune due to me not being able to trade at the rate the Crypto was rising, on numerous occasions I've been left behind, then had to trade more to play catchup then left further behind, I was still making a profit mind.

My biggest mistake has been panic selling during large drops as I still remember what happened in 2017, that's cost me a small fortune.
  19. slick

slick Administrator

Slight drop this week but if you follow the ema's you would have seen it coming as the 1day ema crossed over.

The drop was nothing like I expected but all the same I bailed out before it happened, then woke up this morning to see it flying up again, BTC must have increased by +$8k.

Things seem to be settling now and the price coming down as we speak, hopefully it'll settle @ reasonable price before I jump back onboard.
  20. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

BTC must have increased by +$8k.

Something to do with Elon Musk apparently