1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Dalglish

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Seen, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Seen

Seen Moderator

What a total knacker he is...

2. Punter

Punter Moderator

Aye, he doesnt give the greatest of interviews, it's been clear from the start that he doesnt like standing in front of the camera for pre or post match questions. But is that what you judge him on? Do you always look for a negative in a decent person?

You know KD was in charge that day at Hillsborough, in the following weeks he attended as many funerals as he possibly could, several, including 4 in one day, can you even imagine having to do that? All those parents, family members, friends, crying at lost loved ones.
    In 2004 him and his wife set up the Marina Dalglish appeal to raise money to help treat cancer, anybody here ever had a family member diagnosed with cancer? I dont know the exact figure raised but i know it's run into millions now. The man has helped thousands ffs.

Classless Cunt? Total Knacker?

:shit:shit
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Like it or not Kop it's part of a premier league manager's job to do press conferences. If he can't hack it, he should either fuck off or send someone out who has the decency to actually speak to people and who isn't a complete twat.

Nobody can deny what he has been as a player and a manager and whatever he did after Hollaborough. What people are questioning is his ability to be a football manager (and quite rightly so. What he's achieved with the money he's spent is poor. That's nobody's fault but his and if he can't handle people pointing that out, he should do what he's done before and walk away
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

Agreed.

But to be labelled a classless cunt (by yourself and a couple of others in the Suerez thread) and now a total knacker is an unfair description of the man.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

I don't mind Dalglish, he does what a lot of good managers do in creating a siege mentality acting like the world is against them.
    Some of his Interviews are cringeworthy as he does take it to the nth degree but I enjoy watching him because most of the Interviewers are toss pots anyhow, for some reason though they think they can try it on with Kenny but wouldn't fcuking dare do it with Fergie because they know he's twice as bad as Dalglish for throwing a strop.
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

He has no class. Fact (as a previous useless cunt at Anfield once said).

You live far enough from Anfield to understand just how much respect he and the club lost over Goof-race-gate. People who live in Liverpool can be forgiven (no, not forgiven, understood a little) for having their head up their arses and totally missing the point but you can't Kop. The majority of fans over a certain age would admit to having a respect for Liverpool. Much of that has been pissed on by the stupidity of two men. Dalglish is one of them.

As I said, whatever greatness he achieved before, he's now just a very average football manager who can't hold a civil conversation outside his clique of are-lickers and back slappers and he should walk away now before he cracks up again.
  7. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Think hes a legend overall but hes undoing it a bit. he does a good impression of a grumpy cunt.
    He always makes me think of Thommo interviewing Ruby Walsh at Cheltenham a few years ago after hes had the choice & lost

'do you regret picking that horse, Ruby?'
    silence & a glare
    'thats such a stupid question'
    'i know, but I had to ask'
    'No you didnt.....'
    exit stage left
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

He has class and you know it, type FACT as much as you like but the man has it.

There's a myth about him being Liverpools greatest ever player you know, but there are 2 or 3 ahead of him, he just got that tag in the years after Hillsborough. And that's where the biggest respect comes from, what he did there and what he has done for the club, charities and families of the victims since. He's shown the highest level of class there.

I'm well aware that we are hated these days, i'm getting it from everywhere at the moment but it's been like that for a while now, mainly since our inability to build on our 2005 CL Final win. I cant argue that we've come out of the 'Goof-race-gate' well as we havent, that's rapidly increased the hatred, Suarez with black grandparents is a horrible goofy little racist, yet Jay Z is making millions by calling niggers, niggers. Carroll's a waste of money fucking useless pony and Dalglish gets torrettes in front of the cameras.

We've become the new Millwall... "no one likes us, we dont care". I think some of that comes from the fact that alot of NON supporters of LFC expect more success from our club than what LFC supporters actually do these days.

Anyway, KK, he also has the class to step down if a better manager available for our club comes along, at the moment i dont think there is one and besides his season isn't over yet.
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Mick McCarthy isn't doing anything at the moment.

So you don't want us to judge old sour-face by his shitty attitude and the way we see him talking to people like shit every week and the fact that he blatantly lies to defend someone's racist verbal attack . Instead, you want us to judge him on his actions twenty odd years ago when he attended some funerals.

I don't know any manager in the game who wouldn't have done exactly the same as he did at that time. Any player or anyone connected with any club for that matter (with the exception of Mario Balotelli who has fuck all respect for fuck all but himself. It was a tragedy that went way, way above anything anyone would expect to have to go through and the club and the City went through it together.

That was then and this is now. And now, he's acting like a twat on a weekly basis.
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

Is there anybody you do like in life ODM?
  11. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

hes always got on with me when weve met at race meetings :unsure like a cuddly teddy bear in real life......oh, hold on, thats me :ohwell
  12. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I try to keep it to a minimum Kop. Most people in the world are utter wankers - Fact.
  13. slick

slick Administrator

This is exactly what Kenny wants as I was saying b4.
    he wants a camp where it's 'us against the world' and it's working, that will create a tight knit camp which is how Liverpool has always been since Shankly as he was just the same.

As for Suarez there's no way in this world any manager would come out and slag off one of their best players, 99.9% of good manager's would have done what Dalglish did, I know I would have done as I'm still not exactly convinced as to what went on that day and is anybody convinced that Suarez is really a rascist?

As for being Liverpools best ever player then I wouldn't disagree with that , for sheer consistancy of great displays I've never seen a better Liverpool player, thats talking modern day mind since the 70's through to the modern day taking into account all the great Liverpool teams. I'm too young to take anything before those days into account.
  14. slick

slick Administrator

At least Dalglish is man enough to come out and give an Interview wheather Liverpool get beat or not, MOTD is on now and United have got beat, lets see if Fergie comes out.
  15. slick

slick Administrator

oh he has:lol, well thats a first.
  16. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

that will create a tight knit camp which is how Liverpool has always been since Shankly as he was just the same.

Make your mind up Slick. Has he created a tight knit camp or is that how Liverpool has always been? It can't be both:thinking

Great theory. All that "us against the world" is fine if you're Man United or even Milwall but why turn one of the most respected clubs in the country into a figure of hate? That would be the act of a pure fucking imbecile. Unlike you Slick, I don't think Kenny is that bright. I just think he's being a surly twat for the sake of being a surly twat.
  17. slick

slick Administrator

I should have said as all the successfull Liverpool teams have been, aka the 'boot room' and all that which Dalglish was brought up with.

I don't know where you get this figure of hate from either, I still see Liverpool in the same way I always have done as do most non rags in this part of the world, it's just that for the last 20 yrs United have taken over their mantle.
  18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I'm talking about the change in attitude towards Liverpool since the Racist thing and the whole blinkered stubborn attitude of blind propaganda that came out of Suarez, Dalglish and Liverpool as a club. Refusing to admit that any wrong had been done when it clearly had. You may not have changed your attitude Slick but have a quick look around a forum or two and you'll see plenty who have.

Dalglish is just turning into a cross between a fucking clown and a rambling old drunk. Nothing he says makes any sense anymore. I'm not expecting Liverpool fans to notice - it took them two years longer than everyone else to see that the fat waiter had outlived his stay. It took them six months longer than most people to see that Caroll is fucking shite and I'm sure it will take another year before they finally realise that Old King Kenny (the not so merry old sole) with have to get fucked off.
  19. Seen

Seen Moderator

Maybe that is what I'm doing. But then again, maybe it's you looking for a positive in a nobhead :thinking

I'm not really bothered about how good a player he was, that's irrelevant to how he's acting now, and like ODM has said, I'm sure just about any manager would have gone to the funerals etc after such a horrendous tragedy.

I think you'll find he calls them niggas. Completely different :unsure
  20. Punter

Punter Moderator

Nigga, I'm sure they would of too, but luckily they never had to go through it.

All i'm saying is he's a good man and just cause he gets fucking torrettes in front of the cameras, which is fuck all to do with winning trophies, he should be left to get on with football matters, judge him on that, when he's had sufficient time.