1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Day four racecard Friday 17th March

Discussion in 'Cheltenham 2017' started by ONEDUNME, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Currently I've backed Champagne West ew in Gold Cup.

I've backed Consul De Thaix but cant remember what race.
    Also done Wholestone for Albert Bartlett.
    Wonderful Charm for foxhunters.
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

That'll be the Coral Cup on Wednesday mate
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

or the Supreme Novice on Tuesday. Henderson seems to think that Tuesday is the more likely. It's around 14 to 16/1 for both races with NRNB
  4. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

1.30 Charli Parcs & Mega Fortune
    2.10 Winter Escape & Vosne Romanee
    2.50 Augusta Kate (without Death Duty), Wholestone & Ami Desbois
    3.30 Djakadam & Champagne West
    4.10 Sweet As A Nut
    4.50 Castello Sforza
    5.30 Velvet Maker, Dandridge & Upsilon Bleu

Big winners would be Augusta Kate, Djakadam, Castello Sforza or Velvet Maker (one of them winning would do fine :crossfingers)

:beer
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Most of them look familiar mate. At first glance, I reckon I'm on about half of them - sorry about that. Will put 'em up in a bit
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

130 I backed Charli Parcs in all three races he was entered in antipost so I'm happy with that (especially at 7/1). No surprise to say I'm also on two other McManus horses, Defi Du Seuil which I backed at 7/2 and Land of Hope and Glory ew at 12/1. If I had my bet right now, I'd be looking at Mega Fortune and would definitely think that D Du S is too short to back

210 Winter Escape (McManus) . I was also on Midnight Jazz which I was very keen on but gutted to find it was a non runner when I looked this morning. I'm also on Ivanovic Gorbatov (McManus).

250 Wholestone and Monalee

330 I've got an antepost bet on Cue Card which I have absolutely no confidence in but that's the beauty of antepost betting (although I have got double the price it'll probably go off at). I was debating for weeks about whether or not to go for Djakadam - they're like Liverpool FC for me, when I back them, they lose, when I don't back them, they win. Same with this bastard thing but I'm on it today. I would normally be with the two Mcmanus horses but I can't leave out Sizing John as it's been my idea of the decent ew bet all the way through (even before Thistlecrack dropped out) so I'll probably be able to afford a small ew on More of That and I'll have to leave the other one (which is a shame because I think it won for me last year)

410 On the Fringe for me. Nothing else even comes up on my radar. I'll have a couple of small ew bets on Buckers Bridge and AyupCharlie at 50/1 and 40/1

450 No Comment and Castello Sforza

530 Le Prezien and Dandridge antepost at 11/1 and 10/1 and the obligatory JPM ew on Eastlake (which means that Bold Henry will no doubt spring a shock)

I've had Kegman's Velvet Maker in my lucky 15 for the picks that didn't quite make my portfolio, along with Native River and Battleford (which money has come for this morning) plus another that I can't fucking remember - my brain is shot away with looking at racecards for the last three weeks solid.

Good luck all. Oh, almost forgot to mention by way of a personal update, my week will depend upon Mullins finishing top trainer which is looking unlikely. Failing that I will most certainly end up down on the week (unless my lucky15 comes in). I can't say I've had much bad luck to be honest, although I did pick 3 horses for forecasts and tricast yesterday and got three in the first four which pays a sum total of fuck all.
  7. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

2.50 MONALEE and TOMMY RAPPER

4.10 BARNASLOW

4.50 CASTELLO SFORZA ( Carrying way too much of our collective money to have a chance though )

5.30 CROCO BAY
  8. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

13:30 Master Blueyes 15/2
    14:10 Air Horse One 12/1
    14:50 Wholestone 15/2
    15:30 Native River 5/1
    16:10 Ask the Weatherman 9/1

Good luck all
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

Cue Card, Bristol de Mai and Outlander in the Gold Cup.

Gibralfaro in the 4.50

Good luck!
  10. traeth

traeth Moderator

Had two placed yesterday so a small profit, my four today are:
    Penhill
    Ask the weatherman
    Verni
    Dodging Bullets
  11. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

4.10 BUCKERS BRIDGE - Already with one outsider, but added this one at 50's
  12. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Cunt! Elliot wins the 450 to kill my dreams and fuck my week up the fat Irish cunt
  13. slick

slick Administrator

Cleggy got the winner of the Gold Cup the stuffy cnut, Cleggys not a gambler but will bet on the Gold cup.
    The boy did well, so well in fact I offered to go halfs these last 4 years or so, he ending up diving, I ended up winning and giving him half:lol

This year he cut down his stake so I went on my lonesome and the bastard gets the winner lol.
  14. slick

slick Administrator

Got a last minute tip for Grand Jesture @ 40/1 in the 4.10 so had a couple of quid each way, came nowhere but looked fresh as a daisy and well placed up until about a mile to go lol. @ least I had a shout for my money for 2/3rds of the race.
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

So a summery then. Sooooo fucking close to being up on the week with Mullins being ahead as the top trainer until Elliot won the second to last fucking race. He had three runners in the race and I'd backed two of them as a bit of a saver, only for the third one to win the race. In truth, that was one of only two or three bits of what may be considered "bad luck" during the week. My main picks were mainly fucking shite, my head was buzzing with the amount of horses that I've backed and laid over the last four weeks and I had to double check on the morning of the races to see which ones I still had money on and which ones I'd laid off.

Lost about £120 on the week which was far less than I expected to lose. I've probably had three winning festivals on the spins which is pretty much a miracle when you're betting on every single race and my luck was bound to run out at some stage.

Now is the time for the after-eventing. Anyone who has paid any attention at all will know that it was hardly a massive secret that the winner of the first race was a decent horse if only the stubborn bastard would deign to start a race now and again. Well I read that on a site not unknown to this one and duly backed it at 50/1 at a fiver each way (laid some off at smaller prices of course). A better start to the festival I could hardly have wished for (although not as great as when I backed Ebaizan (or something similar) at 66/1 a few years ago. Still my stomach was heavy with the knowledge that that wasn't enough to keep me in the black for the week and my fears were confirmed when I reinvested a bit of my winnings on Kegman's Singlefarmpayment (which had been drawing me in for a day or two leading up to the festival. It got beat in a tight finish and I knew that things weren't going to end well from then on.

I'd say I enjoyed it but the truth is that it was fucking hard work mentally and probably more trouble than it was worth.

Same again next year.:lol
    slick likes this.
  16. Punter

Punter Moderator

My Summary. ..Cheltenham can fuck off from now on. I wont be bothering with it next year. Or ever again.

Not just because it’s a tough nut to crack or because I finished with a small loss, more so because it’s been swamped by thousands of folk that just want the excuse for a week on the piss and gambling who wouldn’t normally bother with racing the rest of the year. They’ve jumped on the band wagon and have spoilt the actual racing, with their fucking nonsense.

They do my head in, demanding I come out on the piss with them just because they’ve booked the week off for it. I even had 5 friends (not normally racing fans) ring or text me with 4 different dead certs for the Gold Cup this year. “You’ve got to get on it mate”. Fuck off. Not one of them called the winner.

There’s too much distraction now.

Next year my holiday off for sport will revolve around the Aintree meeting and Royal Ascot. Take the National out of it and Aintree is a cracking few days of racing. It’ll be quieter with mainly genuine racing fans about for it.
    slick likes this.
  17. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

That's it, my minds made up - I'm out on the piss in Malvern for four days next year :thumb
    Punter likes this.
  18. Punter

Punter Moderator

Like i said, swamped with folk that know fuck all about racing :)
  19. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I used to love going to work with the knowledge that no other fucker was interested in Cheltenham so I could go about my business and be able to go home to watch the recorded races not knowing the result. That's been the norm for the last 15 years until this year one of the new guys in the office decides to run a tipping competition - 2 races everyday. No matter how many people I told that i didn't want to know the result everyday some cunt would say "oh - you came 2nd in that race" or someone announcing that bacardys got zero points !!!!

On the Thursday I thought I had done a lucky 31 on Rubys rides but ended up only doing an each way accie. I did back Presenting Percy to cover me for the day but for a moment I did get a bit excited thinking i had a decent lucky 15 up.

I did back a lot of horses this year in the NRNB markets but ended up getting most of my money back as about 75% if the cunts didn't run in the races.

I did claw back some of my Cheltenham losses by backing American on Saturday as that was one of my festival 'bankers' but you can add that to the nrnb section. (Appologies for after eventing).
    Punter likes this.
  20. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:lol

I must admit i like the piss up on Gold Cup day. There were less out this year than normal which was disappointing . i also thought the ITV coverage was pretty shitty compared to the channel 4 of previous year's.
    Punter likes this.