1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Denmark

Discussion in 'Eurovision 2012 Betting' started by Gavster, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

flag_denmark.png The 9 candidates taking part in Dansk Melodi Grand Prix are:

1. Jesper Nohrstedt – Take Our Hearts
    2. Aya – Best Thing I Got
    3. Kenneth Potempa – Reach For The Sky
    4. Ditte Marie – Overflow
    5. Philip Halloun & Emilia – Baby Love Me
    6. Suriya – Forever I B Young
    7. Karen Viuff – Universe
    8. Soluna Samay – Should’ve Known Better
    9. Christian Brøns & Patrik Isaksson – Venter

For songs click here

Voting for DMGP is split 50/50 between the televote and the international jury of Denmark, Norway, Germany, Russia and Azerbaijan.

I reckon Aya and Christian Brøns & Patrik Isaksson have the best chance of success. Aya has the same writers that produced Lena's Satellite.

Full odds and breakdown at escbet.com
  2. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Full songs now available here

I've still got Aya and Christian Brøns & Patrik Isaksson as the potential winners. Full odds and reasoning over at escbet.com
  3. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Denmark national final tonight. Surprisingly, most of the songs are pretty good. Full odds still available at escbet (use the link above).

For the live feed, click here
  4. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Denmark have chosen Soluna Samay - Should've Known Better.

Perfectly nice sound, but not something that'll make you pick up the phone once it's asked to fight its way through the TV screen along with 25+ other countries.
  5. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Summed up nicely Gav - once you've heard the first line you've heard the whole thing...a good one for boiling the kettle to. Too much teeth also.
  6. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

Thinking about last year's winning song which emerged as compromise victor I certainly wouldn't rule this one out,though I'm wondering how far plagiarism has to go before action is taken by interested parties. I'm thinking of Missing by Everything but the Girl,whose lines include"And I miss you like deserts miss the rain",whereas Soluna sings"Now I miss you like Sahara miss the rain" to a similar rhythm and texture throughout.
  7. Archi

Archi Member

What do you guys think of this song? I think it has a good chance to fail. Fail as in not do as well as people seem to expect. I do believe in qualification, but not top10. somewhere around 15-16 I would estimate if I had to. Really dull song, isnt it? :eek:
  8. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Not sure at the moment. It's nicely structured and produced, but it's likely to fade. I would wait until the draw to be honest.
  9. Rob44

Rob44 Member

fairly catchy if derivative. needs a good draw to do any damage but should qualify. hate her styling and the drummer's spastic style. like the xylophone gimmick. could be top 10 - no higher