1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

English Premier League 27-28th Aug

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by slick, Aug 24, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Saturday 27th August 2011
    12:05 Aston Villa evens Draw 12/5 Wolves 11/4
    12:30 Wigan 5/4 Draw 12/5 Q.P.R. 21/10
    15:00 Blackburn 21/10 Draw 9/4 Everton 13/10
    15:00 Chelsea 2/9 Draw 5/1 Norwich 12/1
    15:00 Swansea 11/8 Draw 9/4 Sunderland 2/1
    17:30 Liverpool 2/5 Draw 7/2 Bolton 7/1

Sunday 28th August 2011
    13:00 Newcastle evens Draw 12/5 Fulham 11/4
    13:30 Tottenham 7/4 Draw 9/4 Man. City 6/4
    15:00 West Brom 11/10 Draw 12/5 Stoke 12/5
    16:00 Man. Utd 4/9 Draw 10/3 Arsenal 6/1

Odds Skybet
  2. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Are Liverpool really 2/5 material against Bolton? Not sure myself.
    Bit of a quandary over Blackburn. Think theyre shit & going down but over 2/1 @ home to Everton looks a bit large to me
    Swansea will have their backers @ 11/8 I reckon
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

My early thoughts...
    Wolves shouldn't be ruled out at Villa, 3/1 available for another away win. Roger Johnson maybe a goalscorer bet too, he's been very close to scoring from corners (always up there) and wide free kicks. That and his B'ham connection make him a possible imo. It also makes him a possible to get sent off too mind.

....having just checked out some early prices, i'll skip the Wolves win (it was a dodgy shout anyway) BUT Roger Johnson to score 1st @ 33/1 and a BIG 12/1 anytime scorer was a bet with Paddy Power.

I agree with Liverpool, not at that price.

I might take WBA and Stoke for the draw.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Tough Tough set of fixtures with the bookies giving absolutely nothing away this week, of the short odds there's only Man U that li would be attracted to and thats only because Arsenal look depleted and also put a lot of effort into last nights Champs Lague qualifier.

Liverpool are way to short and it's that sort of game where in the past Liverpool have slipped up on numerous occassions, i need to see them for a few more games yet b4 even considering them at anything below 1.5's.

I was actually edging towards Villa when i first spotted this fixture Punt, Wolves did well winning their first fixture away to Blackburn but on reflection just how bad are Blackburn proving to be and when was the last time if ever have Wolves won to away games on the bounce, I have a strong feeling Villa will win but the draw is niggling me.

I'm on Wigan though, as early as it is in the season Wigan will know this sort of game at home against this type of opposition is vital for three points, QPR winning last weekend could have actually done them a favour as now QPR are up and running and not as desperate to get off the mark, like last yr Wigans biggest problem seems to be converting chances on goal but as i expect them to dominate this match and get more chances than usual, I'm hoping the odds of conversion are in my favour. wigan win.

Anybody dare to take a chance on Everton considering they are notorious slow starters and we've been slating Blackburn off pre season.
    I'm very tempted but would have expected Evertons odds to be a bit bigger than that.

Theres quite a few nip and tuck games amongst that lot which could so easily end in a draw or the odd goal either way, there's nothing at all that really stands out, the only other one I'm temped with is Newcastle because Fulham are pretty abysmal away from home and Newscastle have started the season showing a bit of spirit, saying that their biggest fighter Barton could be on his way out of the door, if that happens I'll probably give it a miss as I can se the fans getting on the boards back.
  5. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Everton are untouchable in my eyes & I think its a poor set of games betting wise.
    Talking of Wigan I saw a stat earlier saying they had more prem experience than anyone else down there. Not quite sure what is included in 'down there' tbh but interesting possibly?
  6. slick

slick Administrator

Wigan are playing quite well and seem to be continuing where they left off at the back end of last season, there no great shakes and i can see them hovering above the relegation zone for much of the season but they need to make these home games count and I think they will have to much in thieir locker for QPR.
    Ehhm, I've just had a thought, i bet no bugger will be there watching them as Wigan rlfc are at wembley in the challenge cup final on the same day, the attendance will be interesting.
  7. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Only one i'm considering is Everton swoops.

I must be MAD, MAD i tell you. Everton played well enough midweek to interest me. I've backed Blackburn to be relegated and for Everton not to register any wins out of their first 2 games v QPR & Blackburn would be absolutely shocking. THis does of course not mean they are certain to win but I'm backing on my instincts that Everton are better than Blackburn.

If I can get greater than 6/4 I'm backing Everton.
  8. winrew

winrew GILF

Despite a load of new signings Sunderland are still crap , are Swansea much better ?
    Mmm , fancy Swansea to edge this one , had a great home record last year , granted it was in the Championship but i can still see them getting all three points , especially if Cattermole is playing for Sunderland , he seems to just run round fouling folk , will be surprised if he lasts the full 90 minutes..

Which Man City will turn up at Spurs ?
    Mancini seemed to go all defensive against so called " bigger teams " last season , has he given up on that , will he stick to the attacking stuff , not sure about this match ..

WBA , lost both matches so far , but reading the match reports from those games , the feedback says they played really well , anyone fancy them to tackle Stoke ?
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

You've lost me mate. What's that got to do with Spurs?

Seriously though, I think Spurs are overpriced at 2/1 so it's worth a risk. 20pts for me.

I've already layed Newcastle against Fulham at around 4/5 to win 40 pts

WBA v Stoke looks like a draw to me so I'll take 12/5 for 30 pts with a view to laying the draw at evens after 70something minutes to get 20 back.

Man U v Arsenal - At the risk of repeating myself, I think United with walk the league this year but this is one game they might just fail to win at home. 7/2 is just a stupid price for me for the draw. 20pts for me