1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

English Premier League betting 17-18th Sep

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by slick, Sep 14, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Saturday 17th September 2011
    12:45 Blackburn 100/30 Draw 5/2 Arsenal 5/6
    15:00 Aston Villa 10/11 Draw 12/5 Newcastle 3/1
    15:00 Bolton 8/11 Draw 5/2 Norwich 4/1
    15:00 Everton 8/15 Draw 11/4 Wigan 6/1
    15:00 Swansea 6/4 Draw 23/10 West Brom 7/4
    15:00 Wolves 5/6 Draw 5/2 Q.P.R. 16/5

Sunday 18th September 2011
    13:00 Sunderland 11/8 Draw 23/10 Stoke 19/10
    13:30 Tottenham 8/5 Draw 12/5 Liverpool 8/5
    15:00 Fulham 5/1 Draw 11/4 Man. City 4/7
    16:00 Man. Utd 4/5 Draw 5/2 Chelsea 7/2

Odds Skybet
  2. slick

slick Administrator

There's nothing really clear cut this week but some decent odds if you can seperate the wheat from the chaff.
    The early kick off between Blackburn and Arsenal is a tempter with Arsenal being offered at nearly evens, the only downside is that I'm still not convinced by Arsenal and Blackburn did show a bit of fight against Fulham winning their first point of the season.

I'm laughing to myself here as thats a decent price for ARSENAL but is it a decent price for 'this' Arsenal? , I'm going to take a chance other wise I'll be kicking myself all weekend if Arsenal beat Blackburn convincingly and I say to myself 'I knew that would bleedin happen' . At least nothing suggests to me Blackburn will win, Draw maybe .....and now my minds going back to how shite Arsenal were against Swansea last week.
    I've made my mind up, I'm leaving well alone, or at least wait and see what other folk have to say.

I'll be taking Villa at evens, they're not playing great but at least they are playing consistantly and i expect them to get better, same too could be said of Newcastle i suppose but i saw cracks starting to appear on Monday against QPR and they did look a bit lacking up front, If Villa can create half the amount of chances QPR did then they should have the ability to take all the points here.
    Villa win.

I'm also in two minds whether to take Bolton at that price, their league form doesn't make good reading but you have to bear in mind they have played United, City and Liverpool in the 4 games played.
    There is the chance it could have knocked the stuffing out of them but Bolton have enough experience in the squad i reckon to take it on the chin and now concentrate on games like this that they would expect to win.
    Bolton win.

If Everton were slightly higher i may have took a punt on them but they look far to short, I expect Wigan to give Everton a decent game and nicking a point is a strong possiblity imo and Everton are notoriously unpredictable at this stage of the season, I still expect them to win mind but I'm not as confident as those odds suggest.

Swansea v West brom would be my draw pick of the weekend if i had to select one, not for any particular reason apart from the fact its one of those games that look close and could quite so easily swing either way, whatever the result I'll be suprised if the winning margin is more than one goal should there be one, could also be one for the unders.

I'm going to have a dabble on Wolves, I'd have been a lot more confident about the outcome of this fixture a couple of weeks ago before Warnock dipped into the transfer market but Wolves at home should still prove to strong for QPR, plus they did look shite in front of the onion bag against Newcastle on Monday night.
    SWP and Barton looked impressive and like expected slotted into the QPR side with ease considering the experience they have but it will take a lot more than just those two to trouble a seasoned side like Wolves who themsleves will be looking to bounce back after their defeat to Spurs.
    Wolves win.

I'm just looking at the Sunderland v Stoke game now and wouldn't be suprised to see Stoke win this, near enough 2/1 is very tempting, thoughts anybody?
    Chelsea at 7/2 also looks a tad on the high side, could this be the game where Fergies fledglings get found out?
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Scrub my Stoke comments as I've just realised they are playing tonight in Kiev, I won't be taking the risk.
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

Are Man City that good now that the bookies are offering no odds on them this weekend then Slick? :)

As you say, nothing clear cut this weekend, it's a toughie coupon. I agree with your Bolton thoughts, i'm not sure whether to take them though, 5/6 with Betfred is tempting, i dont know whether to take that or chance Ngog as an anytime scorer @ 15/8 (Boylesports) instead.
    I'll probably stay away from the rest apart form a few small in running bets on the Sunday games.
  5. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Agree with Stoke looking big, but with the Fulham record when playing after europa games a couple of seasons back i think it might put me off. Villa look a decent price but I dont think, particularly in these early days, that they'll put sides away so it'll be a bumpy ride.
    Fair points about 'this' Arsenal, but Blackburn are poor, clueless, directionless & in turmoil....I reckon this is the game Wenger needs right now. Arsenal a good price for me
  6. slick

slick Administrator

hehe:embarassed

Too short anyhow away from home and City's confidence may have took a knock after Napoli played so well against us, saying that City for a while struggled away to Fulham but put on a great performance last yr @ Craven cottage leaving Hughes shell shocked when we battered them 4-1, still I wouldn't touch them at those odds.
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

Wolves v QPR. I think Roger Johnson will end up with around 5 Premier League goals this season, as nothing much else is appealing in the league this weekend I’ve chanced him to get one here.
    First Scorer @ 28/1 V.C Bet
    Last Scorer @ 28/1 V.C Bet
    Anytime Scorer @ 10/1 Paddy Power

Bolton v Norwich. With what should be one of Bolton’s easier games, I’ve taken the chance that David Ngog will get off the mark for his new club.
    Anytime Scorer @ 9/5 Paddy Power
    To score 2 or more @ 10/1 Paddy Power

Small varied stakes
  8. MickeyPaul

MickeyPaul Merry Christmas!

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, Punter in that nothing appeals on first glance. My brain is screaming, "DRAW" all the way down the list.

I thought Norwich were actually quite good against West Brom - they just lack that little bit of extra "something" which would see them sitting with more points. Maybe an X2 I thought at first as Bolton have looked very poor against the bigger fish but then I realised they don't mind playing the lesser fishies so much and Owen Coyle really needs to give them a kick up the arse. I think it could end up a half decent game that one actually. Maybe both teams to score? We'll see.

And I thought Wigan might be an X2 shout based on Everton just being so unimpressive so far but they did apparently play pretty well in the 2-2 against Villa so I think I'll be swerving that one also. Wigan are rather unpredictable.

Blackburn.... hmmm. Took them a while to get going at Fulham but they weren't as bad as I imagined they'd be. Still pretty bad mind but Dann should do a decent job for them at the back (he made Garth Crook's team of the week you know!). They had moments of looking half decent going forward but the way Duff raped them down their left side was embarrassing and Arsenal could well PUNISH THEM-them-them-them.

Wolves really have to beating the likes of QPR at home and I think they probably will but I don't think I could back them. FFS. Look what's happened because I played with the font? This forum software sucks ass! YGygdywugdyhdgwyd

Now it's gone wee. Ffs. Anyway, surely Swansea are going to score at some point? :lol Surely? West Brom have impressed me with their performances so far. They look to have a few useful players there. Maybe not so much at the back though. Very difficult call that one. I think I'll go along with Slick and say it's the "draw of the day".

My God. I'm gonna have to leave this as the font is pissing me off (see if my edit fixes it). I think Villa will beat Newcastle too but again the odds aren't really making my undies move. Things will be a lot clearer in my mind after a few dozen Guinness I think.
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

Oh well done Mickey, you've just reminded me, i'm glad i squinted to read your shitty small font.

Yes, the Swans are going to score at some point and Scott Sinclair is a likely contender for it. I noticed he'd rattled one against the bar last week from a free kick and i also know that he is the penalty taker, they may just get one of those this weekend to er, help them on their way maybe.
    Disappointing odds but i took them all the same.

Anytime Scorer @ 2/1 Paddy P's
    First scorer @ 6/1 Paddy P's (13/2 @ Bet365)

Small level stakes.
  10. David_Speedie

David_Speedie New Member

I'm less concerned about Arsenal than others so will definately be on them. Blackburn are a poor team, where as Arsenal have become hopeless overnight. Yes, a poor run since Carling Cup but the likes of RVP, Ramsey, Arteta are good players who should be able to pick up the win so for me those odds are value.

Villa I think look a good bet to win to nil at 3.25 PP, the Dunne/Collins partnership seems to be improving again, fits with Mcleish style and Newcastle are struggling for goals. Villa with Bent and N'Zogbia should hopefully manage a goal.

I'm going to have small stakes on Bolton, West Brom and Wolves to win on the simple basis that I think they are the better teams, and in the case of Wolves a slightly more honed unit than QPR at this stage of the season.
  11. suirthing

suirthing Member

12. suirthing

suirthing Member

Sorry Slick, don't know how my text got into your quote box :ohwell
  13. slick

slick Administrator

It's probably Mickeys meddling that caused it Suirthing.

It's not really wishful thinking by me m8 allthough I wouldn't mind United dropping some points, Its just that United's youngsters haven't really played anyone of note yet and this will be a big test of their character, I know this isn't the Chelsea of old but they do have enough about them to to take any advantage of Uniteds inexperienced players if they show any naivety.
    It could turn out that United completely dominate and stuff them, if that happens then everybody needs to sit up and take note of what could be the start of another United era but as they haven't been fully tested yet, then thats a large price for Chelsea or even better on the AH or double chance like you mention.
  14. Punter

Punter Moderator

With the death of the Welsh fan at Wembley and those 4 poor miners this week, it's fair to say that Wales need a lift, Swansea needs a lift.
    Their football team will carry the weight of trying to restore a lift for the people of Swansea, they will have a large loud crowd willing them on even more so this week. They will also have a large neutral support, that i will be part of, whether my bet loses or wins.

Now i'm a bit of a suspicious bastard at times and for this match i think experienced referee Martin Atkinson will of recieved orders on how to officiate the game by his boses, i think he will have been told that any 50/50 major incedents should go in favour of the Welshmen, i think he will be told to try and make this game difficult for WBA to win. I also think that this will be noted and Albion will be given the exact same opportunity for the reverse fixture in February.

I might be talking daft, Swans might win without any help, they might draw, they might get humped, but i'm going against what the bookies think here, who have put Albion blue across the board and pushed The Swans right out, i really dont think Albion will win this and have a medium varied stake on the home and draw, with the larger part on the home win.

Swansea @ 9/5 Hills
    Draw @ 9/4 V.C Bet.
  15. slick

slick Administrator

Not another bleedin Michael Mooore fan, I have enough with the wife and daughter.

I could believe it if we were in South America Punt but i don't believe Swansea will have much sway on the English FA or i should say English Prem, thats not to say they can't win as this game is finally balanced, i will admit though that if Swansea have shot out to 9/4 from 6/4, then that's where the value lies.
  16. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

My Prem ratings bets:

Aston Villa v Newcastle
    Back Newcastle at prices over 3.9, best price 4.5

Tottenham v Liverpool
    Back Tottenham at prices over 2.66, best price 2.75

Fulham v Manchester City
    Lay Man City at prices under 2.2, current price 1.62

Manchester United v Chelsea
    Lay Man Utd at prices under 2.05, current price 1.91
  17. MickeyPaul

I was a bit scared of Blackburn but I can't fight the temptation any longer. Arsenal odds against versus.... a generally poor side who sit bottom of the table. I'm still a little scared but I'm backing Arsenal. May God have mercy on my soul.

And Wolves/Villa double at not bad odds now actually. Tight ones though. Oooer.
  18. Rob44

Rob44 Member

should get half of that double mickey. despite being unbeaten my team are not convincing and shokingly short of firepower. watched the whole game against qpr and should have lost by a couple of goals. the only reason they are getting results is because tim krul is in great form. good luck, but of course i'll be hoping we get a result in spite of being shit
  19. MickeyPaul

BUT WHAT ABOUT ARSENAL THOUGH!!! LIKE.... OMFG!!!!!
  20. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Worst. Team. Ever.