1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

English Premier League betting 21-22nd January

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by slick, Jan 18, 2012.

1. slick

slick Administrator

English Premier League
    21 Jan 12:45 UK Norwich v Chelsea 5.50 3.80 1.61
    21 Jan 15:00 UK Everton v Blackburn 1.53 3.80 6.50
    21 Jan 15:00 UK Fulham v Newcastle 2.00 3.30 3.80
    21 Jan 15:00 UK QPR v Wigan 2.00 3.40 3.75
    21 Jan 15:00 UK Stoke v West Brom 1.91 3.40 4.00
    21 Jan 15:00 UK Sunderland v Swansea 1.83 3.40 4.50
    21 Jan 15:00 UK Wolves v Aston Villa 2.50 3.30 2.80
    21 Jan 17:30 UK Bolton v Liverpool 5.50 3.75 1.61
    22 Jan 13:30 UK Man City v Tottenham 1.91 3.40 4.00
    22 Jan 16:00 UK Arsenal v Man Utd 2.70 3.20 2.60

Odds William Hill
  2. slick

slick Administrator

This looks like the toughest set of fixtures of the season , I couldn't pick a stone wall winner from any of those games.
    Stoke maybe is the only stand out bet I see.

Plenty of value on some of those outsiders mind, Norwich stand every chance against Chelsea, Swansea are on a good run of form and will give Sunderland a game,I wouldn't be suprised to see Bolton get something off Liverpool as Liverpool will have one eye on the carling cup semi next mid week and would love a wembley spot. I see a draw in the main here but with all these large outsiders +1 on the AH should bring in some decent odds.
    Same with Spurs at 4's, I don't think anybody would be suprised to see them win or get a point, again if you could get Spurs @ +1 on the AH at near evens then that would be a decent bet imo.

Plenty of food for thought this weekend.
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I'm pretty sure most people know that my football predictions are utter shite but here are my bets for the weekend.

I agree Spurs could get a point but gone for DNB at 9/4
    Likewise, Arsenal DNB for Arsenal on Sunday at just over evens

Saturday games
    I had dismissed Norwich's chances to be honest but you may be right. I'll have a look at the +1 AHwhen I get a minute

Very rare I back draws these days (preferring to go with a DNB or asian handicap if I'm expecting a tight game) but QPR Wigan looks to me like it could well be one

Stoke to beat WBA at 10/11

I'm thinking Villa are looking a great price DNB 11/10 against Wolves. True that they blow hot and cold but Wolves just blow tepid and a draw is the best I can see them getting in this game

Liverpool v Bolton is a leave alone. Bolton are shit but, on the other hand, Liverpool are shit and the way the senile jock twat set them up last week was totally toothless. I'll look for the team news and if Caroll starts, I'll be buying his player goal minutes.

Swansea away to Sunderland DNB again. As with the Villa odds, I think this is a cracking bet. Swans are not the greatest away (only one win) but the game has been priced up in usual knee-jerk fashion due to the MON effect recently but the world -and particularly the world of football - doesn't operate on the rails of logic and I think Swansea will win this one.

BBurn at Everton. How the hell do you evaluate Blackburn:thinking. You have to say that a price of around evens +1 AH has to be worth a go. If they can beat United, they can certainly give Everton a game. I still want them to go down though.

Straight win on Fulham to beat Newcastle 11/10
  4. slick

slick Administrator

I meant to add the Blackburn game to my list of value outsiders to take on the AH, at those odds you might even get something decent at +2, Blackburn seem to play better away from the pressure of Ewood park and like you say ODM should give Everton a game, it should be a lot closer game than those odds suggest anyhow.
  5. kompressaur

kompressaur spam removed by komp

Ill be on Aston Vanilla too ODM. My ladbrokes coupon told me so. good luck.
  6. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

I took Blackburn on the double chance, slick @ 2.5. Think it offered a bit more value than the AH.

I've also taken Norwich DNB @ 4.0. Goals wise, they look as if they could mix it with Chelsea. I won't hold my breath in the hope of getting a return though, but fingers crossed :crossfingers

To finish, Fulham vs Newcastle, Both teams to score.
  7. keemanan

keemanan Manchester City Premier League Winners 2011/12

I'm on Stoke too, I think they will easily overcome pretty boys WBA, the baggies always look a bit lightweight to me and Stoke at home is no place for that kind of team
    I disagree with ODM , I think Sunnerland will beat Swansea with something in hand, they are a poor team away and I expect a very direct Makem performance to catch them out.
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Well I won't be arguing with you after your record last week.

Not until Saturday night anyway:wasnme
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

I'm in favour the Sunderland this week too, i know Swans are playing well but i think this is a home win this time. I'm so out of form though my mrs aint even listening to me lately, i'm only really here to post my bets up.

Sunderland 2-0 @ 7/1 small single
    James McClean 1st scorer & Sunderland 2-0 @ 45/1, even smaller single

1st Scorers..
    Andy Carroll @ 9/2 :eek:
    James McClean @ 9/1
    Fernando Torres @ 4/1 :eek:
    James Constable @ 4/1 (Oxford)

A small E.W Lucky 15 there. 1/3rd odds, 1st 5 goals only.

Good luck all
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

well you're all wrong you clueless cunts y :cool:
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

12. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Everton & Liverpool are absolutely unbackable at those prices. Liverpool I'm used to seeing at barmy prices but everton ? Jeez, i know Blackburn are poor but they have to be value at that price.
    Stoke & QPR are the standout bets for me, & i might try them in a double.
    villa are too inconsistent but although I think McCarthy's done a good job, if Wolves lose this.....oh dear.
    I wont take a side on the Sunderland/swansea debate, as i think swansea are hard to break down & could get a result here. Yes they havent been great away at times but there results lately will have improved their confidence no end. they're going in my draw line as I see no value edge in the game at all, in fact i'd go as far as to say I think you're all stark raving on this one :unsure

Arsenal sunday, as sure as eggs is eggs
  13. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Good Luck

QPR v Wigan

Both teams to Score @ 1.91 [William Hill]
  14. keemanan

keemanan Manchester City Premier League Winners 2011/12

Blimey , took EVENS on Stoke at Skybet , that's lovely
    I avoided Sunderland ODM, Swansea playing too well to back against them
  15. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

done a bit of a Yorkie here & taken more than I intended, following a well thought out bet on the Norwich/Chelsea game on overs :embarassed
    Got a QPR, Stoke Barnsley bet going on, whilst taken blackburn villa & swansea not to lose with Yeovil, also had small bets on the 4 draws & permed the away wins on those
  16. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Three out of three came in - although one was just a stake return on the DNB for Norwich. Only 0.5pt profit for the day after Championship bets let me down, with only Cardiff landing.
  17. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

3-1:beer