1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Eurovision 2015

Discussion in 'Special & Novelty Betting' started by kompressaur, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

After "Alcohol is Free" I always come to the Greek entry with a modicum of trepidation,but this year I needn't have worried as a classy,breathy blonde emotes before a white grand piano,and it's a very good effort as you will see here:
  2. Steve_uk

Well it's here at last and the jazzy Charleston-feel might appeal to the grey vote,but I can't see many teenagers rushing to click their mobiles for it..
  3. Steve_uk

Maybe they could take a leaf out of Germany's book in 2009 and liven it up a bit..
  4. Steve_uk

Have you noticed over the years certain countries never sing in English..I'm thinking specifically of Spain,France and Portugal. Maybe one reason why it has never won and won't win this year either.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  5. Steve_uk

It should be an easy qualification this year for Romania as Fabien Barthez-lookalike Voltaj creates his atmosphere accompanied by good musicians if not the best backing singers.
  6. Steve_uk

Hot off the press Poland's entry has just been chosen,but don't get too excited as it's rather too bland to attract serious attention and must be in danger of non-qualification.
  7. Steve_uk

If it's Tuesday this must be Belgium,but only a snippet as you can listen to here. After last year's Jeremy Spake- lookalike Axel Hirsoux failed to qualify with a heartfelt tribute to his mother(come on girls admit it..you don't like men to show emotion) there's a much harsher sound here,but it's different from the rest and may stand a chance,though I'll reserve judgement until rehearsals.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  8. Steve_uk

Does anybody remember that film by the way..
  9. Steve_uk

Still no live performance but should qualify comfortably..
  10. Steve_uk

Here is a live performance of the Lithuanian song. It's a nice,sweet song which might just squeeze into the Final.
  11. Steve_uk

How do you decide whether a song has been plagiarized or not? A jury in Los Angeles has awarded Marvin Gaye's children £5 million damages for this infringement:

How about the 2013 Eurovision winner..

These are tricky matters to deliberate on,and of course money being a motivating factor.
  12. Steve_uk

We are still waiting for a few laggards,including Australia(don't even begin to ask why they're involved this year),hosts Austria,Azerbaijan,San Marino,Norway and of course contest giants Sweden. I do have a snippet of Russia's entry to proffer here,as Polina Gagarina sings A Million Voices.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  13. Steve_uk

Here is Armenia's entry. Borderline qualification on first hearing. If there are any countries I have missed or videos not working please let me know.
  14. Steve_uk

Hosts Austria have chosen warm-up Bon Jovi band The Makemakes with Dominic Muhrer at the piano,and though a little safe it must be considered one of the favourites in a comparatively poor field thus far.
  15. Steve_uk

16. Steve_uk

A Jamie Theakston-lookalike sings rather hackneyed lyrics aimed at the teenage market,and I'm afraid Sweden have blown their chances this year.
  17. Steve_uk

What to make of Norway's dark,moody ballad,except that it deserves to qualify and presentation will be key.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  18. Steve_uk

This video of Malta's entry is working but don't hold your breath: it's surely a non-qualifier.
  19. Steve_uk

20. Steve_uk

Guy Sebastian has thrown a spanner in the works with his powerful ballad "Tonight Again". The headache will be deciding where to host the contest next year if he wins,which at the moment I cannot rule out the possibility.