1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Eurovision Song Contest 2016

Discussion in 'Special & Novelty Betting' started by Steve_uk, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

2. Steve_uk

They are described as "young, creative and talented", but I preferred Harry Secombe's Highway better than this cold, tragic hoody, who should keep Montenegro at the bottom of the pile.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  3. Steve_uk

Moving swiftly on, this is not Russia's entry for Eurovision this year..
  4. Steve_uk

5. Steve_uk

Clean-cut Jüri Pootsman sings "Play" for Estonia, but I wonder if the song is in the right key for him.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  6. Steve_uk

The male vocalists have been coming in thick and fast these past few days, which is not good news for Joe and Jake as they get pushed down the pecking order. Here is Michal Szpak for Poland with Colour of Your Life, and I love it.

Here is a recap of all the entries so far:
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  7. Steve_uk

Romania has chosen Anton Ovidiu in what is a well-choreographed at least scene reminiscent of Phantom of the Opera, beating 2006 Finalist Mihai in the process.
  8. Steve_uk

Another female vocalist adding to the entanglement of good singers singing mediocre songs, this time from the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
  9. Steve_uk

Croatia's answer to Ellie Goulding, Nina Kraljić, sings a mysterious nautical number, which should not be overturned until it reaches Stockholm shores.
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  10. Steve_uk

San Marino's answer to Telly Savalas and If he is not.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  11. Steve_uk

Since this is a Greek-themed evening I will post the referred to video, and have removed some comments as San Marino at least give us points.

A rather dismal effort from Greece this year I'm afraid.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  12. Steve_uk

Tove Lo-soundalike Dami Im is undoubtedly a good singer, but it's missing something to my mind. I also think it's a mistake to include Australia in this contest on a regular basis. I wonder what it feels like being a cuckoo..
  13. Steve_uk

The Czech Republic adds to the glut of good female vocalists with average songs.
  14. Steve_uk

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  15. Steve_uk

Here's a live version of the French entry.
  16. Steve_uk

I'm surprised to see Albania lagging at 100/1. Reserving judgement on Sweden for 24 hours I could see Russia, Latvia, Poland and Germany and Croatia at a pinch winning this, with Armenia as a possibility if the choreography is right.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  17. Steve_uk

18. Steve_uk

Frans has won the Swedish Melody Festival with his song If I Were Sorry, and all credit to him for co-writing it, but it's not going to beat Latvian Justs, nor the Russian song. With two countries yet to declare it's looking like a Russian victory, with Poland also the third country with an outside chance of the 43 countries competing this year.
  19. Steve_uk

I noted whilst watching the aforementioned programme that Swedish viewers had a choice of twelve acts from a country with under 10 million inhabitants and voting included international juries, as opposed to the UK's internal selection of six acts from a population of over 60 million. I also noted in the Norwegian format we were given the number of votes cast for each song, unlike the politically correct UK when nobody has to finish last and secrecy rules.
  20. Steve_uk