• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

FA Cup: 5th Round

upload_2019-2-10_19-33-10.png

Shall we just assume they are all City lol

It's not a gimme though looking at the state of the Newport pitch and no doubt they'll have a heard of cattle on there Friday night.
Could prove a shrove move Howson lumping on United like I think he will.

Just one match left in this round and only Nawoo to enter a forecast.
He has left himself a very difficult decision on which club to back: Chelsea or Man U?
His best idea is to just put a fiver on one of them and keep his funds intact for round 6. :)

I think the major flaw is using evens on all the odds, it just means everybody is going to lump on the clear favourites.
If actual odds were used it would give people a lot more to think about as tactics come into play.

I dont think you should be able to pick the same team twice Tomcat

You’re gonna eventually run out of teams if u do that. Maybe have a rule where u can’t pick the same team twice in a row. Don’t know if anyone has done that this time

Thanks guys for your recommendations.
If I run it next year I'll adopt some of them such as using the Betting Odds.
What I have in mind is to give every player 10 points start-up and allow them to use the Betting Odds for their forecast. Any losing bet has that amount deducted from that player's total.
That'll differentiate the FA Cup competition from main competition.
I'd also not deduct a point from every forecast. [I found that a pain when I tried to update scores over holiday period and made mistakes because of it]
I would not be bothered if any player forecast same team throughout competition. Not to do so would restrict choice.

Let me know what you think even if it is just clicking the LIKE button to agree.
Cheers

Back