1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

FA Cup Betting 7-9th January

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by slick, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

I've just seen that Huddersfield are leading at Wycombe 0-6, Rhodes has scored 5 of them! 10 minutes left too.
  2. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Even more chance that someone will buy him,perhaps even a premiership team
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

I reckon he'll be gone before the month is out Hotspur

I know they wont be putting their strongest team out but Wolves look a very big price to me at over 2/1 to beat the B'ham. A lunchtime start but Wolves fans will be there in numbers. Over 2/1 i'm having a medium sized bet on that.
  4. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Get to the payout yorkie....
  5. Punter

Punter Moderator

Paddy P's are offering a money back special on certain markets if there is a red card in the game. With that in mind i've had a fiver on the correct score being 2-1 to Wolves @ 10/1
  6. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Sorry yorkie wrong man
  7. slick

slick Administrator

I believe it was Shelvey Punt, I was on here and looked up when Liverpool scored and saw Gerrard peeling away so presumed it was him that scored, my mistake.

Not so sure about Wolves though m8 with it being a derby and all that and not knowing what team Mcarthy will put out, when i first looked at the fixtures the first thing that crossed my mind was the draw.
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

Wolves just i reckon Slick.
    I've also a feeling that blues will have a player sent off, it's a derby and Wolves were hard done by with that Milijas sending off a couple of weeks back, this could be the leveller.
  9. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

i fancy villa, blackpool, stoke, qpr and sunderland all to progress. epl survival is priority with exception to blackpool but all teams have a chance to get confidence wins which at this time of year is good.

They arent must win games and if they so wanted could 'sacrifice' but against lesser opponents i think they deserve a second look. (hopefully odm will not look too much into the must win comment and that i'm scottish too much).

xxx odm
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

Chin him if he does Keg!

Norwich 5/6, Bolton 3/4, Wolves 2/1, Villa 8/15 and Bristol City 15/8, plus two from the Welsh prem to make up a Super Heinz for me.
  11. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

The more i look at it villa at 1/2 (depending on teamnews) are looking like a NAP. One of the shittiest teams in L 2 against mid table EPL???

Only danger is that its on tele. If it was run of mill 3pm kick off i'd have already soiled my sheets.

Im on sauce tomorrow so decisions must be made quick and gunpowder should be kept dry esp in fa cup.......
  12. slick

slick Administrator

I think Burnley look a half decent price too, not a bad outfit and Norwich won't be breaking a leg to won this, Premiership consolidation will be their priority this year.
    I see Punts gone for them at odds on, ehhm I'm not so sure, I'd rather go for the X2 tell the truth.
  13. Punter

Punter Moderator

:lol I'm already begining to feel like i'm set for a bad day now Slick.
  14. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Barnsley v Swansea

Both teams to Score @ 1.73 [Bet365]
  15. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

Rovers have one of the strongest squads in L2 (on paper) despite their league position. They sacked their manager this week and I expect them to improve. Of course, it's still Prem v L2...
  16. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

I've taken Blackburn to qualify (v Newcastle) at the general 11/4. Mainly because I backed Newcastle to win the cup at 50/1 and I'm looking to make a profit out of that, but also Blackburn have started to show signs of form, while Newcastle are gently going the other way despite their hammering of United so it might be a decent punt in its own right. And if Newcastle qualify I'll oppose them again in R4.
  17. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

Im using bet365 prices here so prices may or may not be higher else where i like a few today

Crawley @ 2.37 to beat Bristol City, Bristol City every one seems to harp on about them and how they should win every single game they play and at a good price they are then they go and lose, admittedly they are a good price for tomorrow but this is a Crawley team who could easily play in the Championship. There top of League Two and will be promoted last season they love the fa cup and want to progress, its going to be a packed stadium today as you get the people who dont support them go as its the FA Cup. Crawley have to Championship level strikers in Tubbs and Barnett who have both scored at least 1 in every 2 games. Apparently theres going to be some scouts there today watching Tubb's and Mcfadzean. Crawley have won all but 3 of there home matches this season and score goals for fun, Bristol City are hit and miss and will struggle when Maynard leaves imo so Crawley look a good first bet.

Doncaster @ 2.00 to beat Notts County, Notts County are a okayish side midway in League One they stopped there run of 4 straight defeats by drawing with Huddersfield last week. Doncaster have a few good players for Championship level Diouf, Sharp, Chimbonda etc etc, They are quite a good home side and should win here i expect the full team to be played

Fulham @ 1.50 Vs Charlton, I expected them to be a tad bit lower so this is a value bet for me, Fulham will play the first team and this is a cup they could get quite far in with a bit of luck int he draw. Charlton boss Powell has said he doesnt think his side will win but wants to put up a good showing to show how much his side have improved this season. Fulham have lost only 3 games at home this season in 16 home matches, Charlton have lost twice away. I fancy Zamora if he plays and Duff to score he has a knack of scoring in cup games for them

Middlesbrough @ 1.53 Vs Shrewsbury better odds again than i thought i expect boro to have a good go for promotion this season and should win at home They have lost only one game at home this season which was against West Ham who will be Premier League season next year. Shrewsbury have lost 8 of there 17 away games this season and with a stuttering run there in home win maybe to nil

Reading @ 1.57 vs Stevenage i can only see a home win here Reading are starting to get into good form and sit in a good place in the Championship. Stevenage are doing quite well in League one and sit also in the play offs so im going with class i believe Reading to be a much better side than Stevenage so im going with them

Ive got £20 singles on the lot and a £5 accy @ 17.16

I fancy Cardiff as a outsider tbh @ 4.33 its to big a price against West Brom who have just lost Chris Brunt for 10 weeks and will no doubt play some reserves as well, Cardiff aint no mug team and are always in the mix in the Championship come the end of the season.
  18. LMC Tipster

LMC Tipster Member

I've gone against your first three selections Yorkie, good thing or bad thing? Lol
  19. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Rare Footie bet for me and going with 4 outsiders, in trebles and an acca -

Brighton v WREXHAM
    Crawley v BRISTOL CITY
    Watford v BRADFORD
    Fulham v CHARLTON

Wrexham and Charlton, will not be lacking confidence and Bradford's JP efforts ( albeit at home ) showed they can raise their game. Crawley and Bristol City are 6/4 the pair for me, so happy to go with the away team.
  20. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Paddy Power on talkshite this morning was saying Norwich are the most heavily backed side today.

Main treble is donny, Hull, Cardiff. Fancied Cardiff all week, Albion missing loads.

Doubles & trebles on potential upsets Coventry, Palace, Gillingham, Macclesfield & Bradford.

Not to lose accy in Coventry, MK Dons, Pace, blackburn, Plymouth

treble of oxford, bournemouth & Brentford, & i've permed doubles on 9 draws in fa cup