1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Fantasy Football Comps etc

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Kegman, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

[​IMG]

Week 9

Look at Kop66 up there!

Look at my dirty manc mate above me :ohwell Top tipping from him, on the overall leaderboard he's in 30th from 72,174 entrants!
    Slicks on the move and Kegs is staying solid, after some early season brilliance from traeth he took to the fame like George Best and went with the Champagne and fast women.

Anybody fancies giving it a go for a while... http://predictor.talksport.co.uk/landing.htm
    Mini League Code: FD795-WSF
  2. traeth

traeth Moderator

Oi , why do you stop at 16th position ?

Is it because I'm 17th? :)

fast women ? not here in this remote part of Wales
    Punter likes this.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Just had a check at this weeks picks and I've managed to bag my first 90 point banker bonus of the season, after a few shock results this weekend it should come in very handy.
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

Nice one Slick, this weeks top scorer with a game to go. Almost everybody else bust their banker bonus this week too, also very handy for you.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

Cheers Punt, I've also got the Baggies to beat Saints 2-0, but you can now bet your bottom dollar that I've just put the mockers on it with 7 mins to go.
  6. traeth

traeth Moderator

looks like you had a great weekend selection considering the upsets , well done
  7. slick

slick Administrator

ta Traeth, allthough the 90 point banker bonus did help a lot and keeps me hanging onto the leaders coat tails.
    The good thing about this comp is that you're never really out of the mix should you get a couple of decent weeks in, saying that a couple of weeks ago a few at the top seemed to be steaming away.
  8. slick

slick Administrator

I just saw your picks Traeth and noticed you are making the same mistake I made early last season, a wee tip from me would be to play your insurance chip on the same selection as the banker bonus, that way it covers those -30 point losses when the banker bonus fails.
  9. traeth

traeth Moderator

thanks for the tip , makes sense but will I remember on Friday is another question
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

Yes, good tip that. It cost me several minus thirties last season by bankering x3 without insurance. Mainly on fucking Liverpool.
    I always insure x3 this season, not necessarily x2 though.

True that, 2 seasons ago i see a 600pt defecit overturned on the leader from Boxing day onwards.

Nice going this week Slick, you too traeth, +20pts is a good score this week, i hit -30 so there's a 50pt swing in the right direction for you. A good week for you too Kegs, back to 300pts in touch of the leader, it's all still very much to play for.
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

Updated table....

[​IMG]
  12. slick

slick Administrator

Some nice picking from you two this week well done, I would have been fcuked without a correct score banker bonus, without that I would have been a minus score this weekend, lucky escape indeed.
  13. Punter

Punter Moderator

Cheers Slick, well done with your banker prediction, just you and tolly432 with a maximum this week. I thought Kegs was going to nail it with 10 minutes to go, he had Spurs 3-0 bankered. Unlucky Kegs.

Good to see you put the Champagne and fast women to one side this week traeth, a good score and up 3 places.

Latest standings..

[​IMG]
  14. traeth

traeth Moderator

yes a weekend watching rugby, drinking crap lager and slow fat women with spangly cowboy hats. That a rugby weekend in Wales
    Punter likes this.
  15. slick

slick Administrator

Sounds fun Traeth:naughty
    Nothing worse than crap beer, come to think of it I've not had a bad pint for a long while, there was a time when crap beer was expected in every other pub but nowadays most pubs have decent beer round these parts, maybe it's just the chemicals that have improved.

I'd also like to add that Traeth is not last, it's just the way Punt has cut and pasted.
  16. traeth

traeth Moderator

makes a change the last few times I wasn't on his "cut and paste" :)
  17. slick

slick Administrator

That's why I brought it up, I don't know what looks worse tell the truth:lol
  18. traeth

traeth Moderator

I don't mind admitting I'm crap , but it seems to annoy me when someone tells me I'm crap. Being ignored is even worse.
  19. Punter

Punter Moderator

You're not crap traeth! This is your first season, early days, easy to make a mistake or two (insuring X3 as mentioned). If you stick with it i bet you finish top half at least.
  20. Punter

Punter Moderator

The handsome and forever youthful Kop66 was top scorer this week with 185pts.
    Nice going Slick, last seasons winner up from 14th to 4th since the begining of Nov'
    Nice one insuring the Liverpool v Villa game AND bankering the gooners by 3 goals Kegs.
    20th to 12th in a month, nice one traeth, 4 good weeks out of 5 has done that.

Great little competition this eh? I'm addicted anyway :)

2 gameweeks until the halfway point, latest standings...

[​IMG]