1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Fantasy Football Comps etc

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Kegman, Aug 7, 2011.

1. traeth

traeth Moderator

well done the both of you , now that I'm progressing up the table I'm taking more care with my selections and that top tip of insuring the banker has helped me a lot , cheers , I'm chasing you kegs...wooo [ larry grayson style]
    Punter likes this.
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

It's tight at the top as the scouser and manc continue to fight it out. Traeth continues to climb the table and it's impressive that he's the only one still notching points for consecutive bankers. Kegs now looks better off concentrating on Yorkies competition and last seasons winner has spent to much time fucking about with wood :)

Latest table with just the Arsenal v West Ham match to go this gameweek.
    [​IMG]
  3. slick

slick Administrator

I wish I hadn't give him that tip now:lol
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Nice one too Punt, some pretty consistant picks this term.
    I seem to be taking one step forward and five steps back.
  5. Punter

Punter Moderator

:lol
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

Just 4 gameweeks to go. I'm still chasing the Manc, he's led since week two and hasn't been knocked off top spot since. I'm determined to catch him, i'll nab top spot on the very last gameweek and give him some "AGGUUERRRO" type celebrating.

Top 16...

[​IMG]
  7. slick

slick Administrator

Aye the big man has been there all season and always seems to come up with some great picks, just as you think you've done well, he's come up with better

You're still on his coat tails though Punt and with a couple of fixtures yet to go it's not impossible so good luck m8:thumb.

I have no complaints either, I've not missed a week or took this comp lightly, gave what I thought were good picks but they just haven't been good enough.
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

Cheers Slick

You won it well last year but I've been running this for 6 seasons now and nobody has retained the title.
    I think i'm going to have to settle for 2nd now, I think i'm 85pts behind with two weeks to go.
  9. slick

slick Administrator

85 pts is fcuk all m8, If i remember right I managed about 300 in the last 2 weeks last yr.
    :crossfingers the title comes back to Betnod lol.

we do a manual league in work on a similar principle which the storeman runs, I told him we should set up a league using TS Predictor because he's always chasing people to fill in his 'hand written form' , he seemed happy enough with that so if it goes ahead i'll also get them to join the 'Malvern' league, which should bring in another half dozen competitors.
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

The would be great Slick, the more the better the competition. I'll be keeping Malvern league free of course, but if any of them fancy's their chances they are welcome into the paid comp' too.

If it's ok with you fellas i'll spam that for a week or two before next season. Paypal set up now.
  11. slick

slick Administrator

Np's m8,
    Well done with your score too this week Punt:thumb , it's neck and neck now but I won't say anymore in case I put the mockers on you.
  12. Punter

Punter Moderator

Cheers Slick, great results for me this week. 12 games to go and i'm tied at the top :)

[​IMG]
  13. traeth

traeth Moderator

keep the run going kop to take the title
  14. Punter

Punter Moderator

Cheers Traeth, great score yourself this week. Hope you get involved next season. I think the joint leader finished 17th in his first season, last season :thumb
  15. traeth

traeth Moderator

I'll be there but I'll need a reminder , thanks for the invite
    Punter likes this.
  16. Punter

Punter Moderator

Yes, yes, the title stays with Betnod, Kop66 brings it home this season, good game good game.

Hand the trophy over Slick "Youuu're not champion anymore, you're not champion anymore" :)

Well done to those that took part.

26 entrants, this is the final table (well, most of it) for the 2012/13 season..

[​IMG]
  17. traeth

traeth Moderator

well done kop
    Punter likes this.
  18. slick

slick Administrator

Congratulations Kop and well done, a worthy winner if ever I saw one lol.
    I was pushing for a top 6 finish of late but it all went tits up in the last few rounds.

Next season I'll be looking to do a Man U on you and get the bugger back.
    Punter likes this.
  19. Punter

Punter Moderator

Cheers fellas.

That wouldn't surprise me at all Slick, i'll have to dig deep, as I said before nobody has won back to back titles.

Early odds..
    A Betnod winner 4/7
    A Non Betnod winner 11/10

:)