1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Friday August 26th

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by Topdog, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Morning

4.50 Ffos Las-Ogee

1pt each Way @ 6-1 [Boylesports]

Best horse in race if fit after break

Pulled Up:duh
  2. beamer

beamer Moderator

New 6.55 Nolecce 3 pts win 9/2

Jockey RLB is a big turn off for me, as I can think of plenty of bad rides carrying my cash. However his strike rate for todays trainer is a respectable 10% this season and his overall SR this season is vastly improved.

H/cap mark looks ok, 2 from 2 at the track and loves soft ground.

It's possible his last run could be over rated as he was ridden by the best jockey in the field that day.

Chrstmas Carnival looked overpriced @ 160 earlier on his favoured ground but at half the price, I will let it ride with one horse.

Ham 7.05 Toby Tyler 2 pts win @ 8/1

Befortyfour looks one to watch in the near future, tumbling down the weights and showing signs of a revival. He possibly wants better ground than today and is one I'll be watching unless the "McKay" money is showing signs of being on.
    Valery Bortzov looks ready to win but the price puts me off.

Toby Tyler is very consistent, goes well here and last race at Ponty didn't suit. 6lb higher than best winning mark but his last win ahead off Hotham gives a decent chance in my opinion. Trainer in very good form.

beamer
  3. Seen

Seen Moderator

3.30 Newm ~ REGAL PARK (currently 7.2) ~ a hard ride but consistent and acts well on easy turf. Tends to need a lot of driving so will almost certainly trade bigger in-running before staying on strongly. I will put in some in-running backs at something like 20 / 50 / 80 and try and lay off at shorter if/when he starts to power home. Will also ask for bigger odds in the place market, say 5.0 / 8.0 etc but liquidity in there is poor.
  4. Seen

Seen Moderator

REGAL PARK a fair 3rd, I don't think the pace was strong enough for him.
  5. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Very ordinary yesterday, but Derek O,Connor saved the day, with a nice ride in the Killarney bumper. Several fancies today, but none that were that strong. Ended up going for the following :-

6:35 Hamilton - HARDROCK DIAMOND - Not the worst effort LTO in a fair maiden and back to handicap company today. Not always looked the most straight forward, but hopefully the cheekpieces will help. FAV will be tough to beat, but happy with mine at the prices.

6:55 Newcastle - THATCHERITE - Decent effort 2 ago, but disappointed a touch LTO. Definitely has ability though and still young enough to improve. Should appreciate the ground and should have no problem with the mile.

7:45 Brighton - KINIGI - Likes it here, goes on the geound and is down to a winning mark. I have also seen the young jockey ride on a couple of occasions and on this limite evidence, he does look pretty useful. I have backed POCKET'S PICK endlessly, so no doubt this one will swoop late to pick up KINIGI on the line. To this effect I have added him for the forecast.

7:55 Newcastle - EXCEEDED - Bit of a squeak on breeding and the local trainer does get the odd winner here. Strike rate is poor however, so not one for maximum faith in, but could easily sneak a place.
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

645 Brighton Theresnoneedfordat 3/1 20 pt win
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I'm on kinigi with you Samoan