1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

I Know The Score 2013/14 - Free Entry

Discussion in 'Superbru Predictor competition.' started by Punter, Jul 31, 2013.

1. newman200

newman200 OTC

Did any buggar predict that Southampton would win away at Liverpool?
    I've lost my bonus on that result. Drat.
  2. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

NO,noone would have predicted that result ......but a lot of people would have made money betting on Saints to win especially as

a)they were tipped in the Racing post

b)Anyone watching Sky Soccer Saturday would have known that Saints were doing very well while the Liverpool defence was not really working.

Predicting scores and betting on them are 2 entirely different things as of course you know:)
  3. newman200

newman200 OTC

Reference #82
    they were tipped in the Racing post
    What exactly did they predict?
    Many pundits cover their back by backing both sides if such and such happens.......

Anyone watching Sky Soccer Saturday would have known that Saints were doing very well while the Liverpool defence was not really working.

Really! Undefeated and only conceded two goals, mmmmm
    Check out the TalkSport presenters League and you'll find they are no better than most of us.
  4. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

In Saturdays RP 5 tipsters* were asked,

"Whats your bet of the weekend?"

One of them said,

" Im just waiting for overrated Liverpools bubble to burst....and Continhuo(dunno how to spell it) is a big loss....

Saints are DEF worth betting....

Newman,I confess I didnt really understand your point about Talksport presenters.

But of course Ive since realised that my point about Sky Soccer Saturday is somewhat moot because that was of course after the ko.

So far 3 out of 4 have won,the 5th is on the City v Utd game.

I wonder if you can guess that one........
  5. newman200

newman200 OTC

Reference #84
    Newman,I confess I didnt really understand your point about Talksport presenters.

Talksport presenters are professionally involved with football and possibly know more inside info than the rest of us.
    Therefore they should be better forecasters BUT their top player has only 340 pts while top in Malvern is 325 pts.
    I'm 11th in Malvern but would be 3rd in their league.

I also note that you forecast a 1-0 home win for Liverpool.
  6. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Okie dokie....but now I confess I dont know how that refutes my point about predicting scores being different to betting on scores?

Also the idea that experts can predict scores better than the average person is silly since half of all goals scored in soccer are down to pure chance.

I mentioned Sky Soccer Saturday who were merely reporting what they could see(albeit subjectively)

OF COURSE I went 1-0 Liverpool,Newman!!

That was one of the most obvious 2 or 3 scores.Ive no idea what point youre making there Newman.?:unsure

You DO understand, dont you,that this competition has nothing to do with prowess at gambling?

The most obvious strategy here is to bet the score THE BOOKIES imply is the most likely.

Thats what I do. (90% of the time)

It aint rocket science.

The main skill is in the use of the BB and the insurance.
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

Last year's champion looks already beat, down there in 24th!

#Bouncebackability

Top 13
    [​IMG]

Sorry RC, I couldn't quite squeeze you in there, in 14th. Good score this week :thumb
    rcgills likes this.
  8. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Only thanks to my bonus, otherwise I would've ended up on minus points.
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

There were 4 or 5 that hit that banker this week, it made a difference to their score too.
  10. newman200

newman200 OTC

Gameweek 5

Wide variations of scores this week with scores from 110 to -40 pts.

Unfortunately for Malvern Prem it meant that as a group we drop 85 places down the League-of-League Championship from 234th to 319th.

Our new leader, Liam Pickering is only one of three players to have scored more than 100 points.

Top scorer is Stuart Fletcher with 110 points which moves him up from 27th to 20th. He’ll need a few more good weeks before challenging for title.

Name Checks:

The Old TomCats – pretty average score this week of 55 points. That moves him up the table, both for Malvern Prem and IKTS. But in three other IKTS leagues this player has dropped.

Slick: - Former champion Slick is making steady progress up the table. He is now only ten points behind newcomer The Old TomCat in a handy 8th position.

Treath: - A less than successful weekend for The Welsh Wizard and he drops down table to 10th despite placing his bonus on a correct result (Chelsea/Fulham)

Mildred/Hotspur – A very good score this week of 70 points takes this player up the table to 18th and well within shooting range of the top guns.

Kegman: - Unbelievable that this experienced player languishes in the relegation zone. But with a very good score of 95 points this week, we can expect a sustained recovery over the next few weeks.

Kop66: - less said the better.
    Punter likes this.
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

Good stuff Newman200 :thumb
  12. Punter

Punter Moderator

Top 13 after Gameweek 6

Anybody know who Ikts is?

[​IMG]
  13. newman200

newman200 OTC

Gameweek 6 threw up a series of Premiership scorelines that baffled most of us. And as a consequence generally low scores and with only one player, Lyn Gardiner, out of 33 managing to gain a bonus this week. In actual fact she was our highest scorer with 130 points although 20 of them came from bonus. That moves her up to 4th from 15th.
    I lost my bonus when I mistakenly placed my Chip on a rock solid forecast that Man Utd would win at home. Curses to you WBA.
    After the huge fall last week in the IKTS Championship, Malvern Prem managed to pick up 27 places and move back into the top 300 at 292th.

Last week's leader Liam Pickering has this week the dubious honour of recording the lowest score of -70 points and is therefore deposed in top spot by a mysterious masked man dubbed IKTS.

Name Check:
    The Old TomCats moves up a place with a very modest total score of 40 points.
    Slick is just below and within a winning Bonus Chip of battling for top spot. He has also moved up the table but by two places.
    Treath had a bad week with a zero point score and dropping out of the top 10 into 12th position.
    Mildred/Hotspur had a fair to decent week and moved up a place to 17th
    Kop66 has at least a positive points score of ten points or one win and does move up the table into 22nd place.
  14. newman200

newman200 OTC

15. newman200

newman200 OTC

Results for Gameweek 7 returned to be more predictable than of late, with plenty of high scores which moved Malvern Prem up 16 places in the IKTS Championship from 292 to 276.

Cameron Fletcher gained the highest score this week with 130 points and returns to top of the table.

Liam Pickering, our former leader continues his headlong plunge down the table. This week he dropped from 8th to 14th. This shows that league placing remains very flexible and therefore teams lower down the league could easily and dramatically shoot up the table.

Name Checks

The Old TomCat: This player continues his climb up table and is now in joint third place. Despite that good news TomCat remains disappointed that his team has yet to gain a +100 score.

Slick: Continues to hang on The Old TomCat’s bootstraps, one place lower in the table and ready to pounce if TomCat slips up.

Mildred/Hotspur: After a slowish start this player is really getting a grip of the game. A very decent score of 110 points moves Mildred up 8 places from 17th to 9th.

As a matter of interest to Slick & Hotspur in the H2H: Hotspur has just jumped Slick although Slick has a far better goal average. Obviously Hotspur has had a run of good luck of the draw and Slick has not.

And both players are above The Old TomCat – he has had the worst of bad luck in the draw this season.

http://www.toptournament.co.uk/league/6726001/the_golden_parrot#

Treath: Our friend from Wales is the only player in this list of name checks to go down in both the Malvern Prem and IKTS. His only consolation is that his score was in the black.

Kop66: This player considers himself to be a sleeping giant and it could be that he has awoken from his slumber with a fairly decent score of 85 points taking him up the table to just below Treath.

International weekend coming up which will give all our players extra time to consider their forecast.

Good luck England.
  16. traeth

traeth Moderator

I'd forgotten about this until Sunday morning, the Saturday selections were completed - resulting in me getting +5 points , not bad for not selecting any.
    I feel I'm in my rightful position now , I got a lucky week early on and I did an "Everton" ending up higher up the table than I should be.
    Punter likes this.
  17. Punter

Punter Moderator

Good Stuff Tom, and good to see the whole table up.

I'm pretty shite so far this season and i'm going to blame it on the new rule of not being able to insure bankers :lookaround:leaving
  18. Punter

Punter Moderator

Some big scores hit this week..

Gameweek 8, Top 13..

[​IMG]
  19. newman200

newman200 OTC

Gameweek 8 and Cameron Fletcher remains in top spot by way of a 155 point’s tally which has increased his lead over next player to 80 points.

Dean Watson achieved the highest score with 170 points which takes him up from 7th to 4th.

Actually MALVERN PREM has been littered with high scores this week: 14 players achieved over 100 points and that means MALVERN PREM moves up 55 places to 221st in the IKTS Championship table: Fantastic and well done.

Slick has joined The Old TomCats at 500 points total and in doing so dropped TomCats down to 5th in table. TomCat is somewhat despondent that his creditable score of 90 points was the lowest of the top 11 players.

Name Checks

Mildred/Hotspur held position at 9th with a decent score of 95 points.

Kop66, our league manager, moves up from 20th to 11th with an excellent score of 155 points.

Treath drops into his master’s spot at 20th with a score of 75 points and consequently off the radar map (post #98)
  20. slick

slick Administrator

Thanks for the update peep's, I struck lucky this week as I spotted I'd forgot to play my banker bonus when I checked on Saturday night; so I put in on Spurs.
    Saying that I thought I had put it on Everton which would have also come in.