1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Is now the time to drop JT from England?

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by ONEDUNME, Apr 24, 2012.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

The whole reasoning behind taking young players to big tournaments is that they lack experience and are likely to do something rash that costs, big time. So instead, we stick to players who are well past their best and living on past glories.

So, can anyone see any reason to stick with John Terry? One of the biggest games in Chelsea's history and the cunt throws away all the hard work they've put in last week and for the past five months or whatever it is.

He's long been considered by many as a twat as a man but he is usually forgiven because of his great career. Now we know his glory days are long behind him, he's becoming prone to injury and (more unforgivable than anything else) he's proven himself to be as temperamentally unreliable as the most childish of children. I thought Sideshow Bob was the stupidest cunt in the Chelsea squad. I was wrong.

Half time - 2-1
  2. slick

slick Administrator

He's a complete prick after what he has just done, maybe he has a collection of Balotelli vids.
    I just can't understand what was going through his head.

Lescott this season has been head and shoulders above Terry and still can't get a sniff in the England side.
  3. vmoses

vmoses New Member

Lescott has been dreadful everytime he played internationally. JT is stll a classy CD, experienced gungho as ever.
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Can't say I've ever thought of him as classy, even at his best. Workmanlike I would describe him as. To me, a classy defender is one who looks good on the ball. Terry always looks like he can't wait to get rid of the thing (which is not always a bad thing, don't get me wrong).

Rio is was a classy defender.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

I thought Lescott looked ok in his last outing for England.
    The thing with Lescott is he needs half a dozen games under his belt as he is often coming back from Injury before he gets playing anything like.
    Luckily this year he has been relatively Injury free and been one of the top defenders in the League.
    Saying that he has had Kompany at the side of him and Clichy has been top drawer since Christmas, most of Lescotts problems came from trying to mop up after Kolarov's dropped bollocks.
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Well the last four days has certainly proven the theory that JT is classy to be utter bollocks. When a clown like Andy Caroll can dominate one of our so called best central defenders, turn him, nutmeg him, generally go around him at will like a kid in a playground (and let's remember, this is Andy Caroll I'm talking about) then this is proof positive that we're absolutely NOT talking about a "classy CD"

Fucking wank. I worry for England's chances in June.
  7. vmoses

vmoses New Member

Every players have his bad patches, which I believe JT is in right now. But you can't just substitute experience and class with some patchy good form in highly competitive tournaments. And yes, I believe JT had/has been a world class CD for quite a while, and I mean classy by that, Nesta, Carvalho and Rio maybe more cultured (good on the ball etc) but I think hard, no nonsense men like JT, Chiellini or Cannavaro are from the same bracket, a.k.a classy defenders. Just my 2 cents, I'm not bashing Lescott but frankly his performance in Europe hardly inspires confidence. Funny thing is the team with the arguably best defenders of Europe - Belgium - isn't even in the competition so I wouldn't worry too much about England's chance base on central defenders.
  8. keemanan

keemanan Manchester City Premier League Winners 2011/12

Really? This is probably the second tourney on the bounce where I dont give a fukitty fuk.
    We have no chance as we simply dont have the players. I like Roy but I fear the fukwits like Rooney wont enjoy his training methods and will rebel and bleat about being bored instead on knuckling down and working hard.
    Lescott is ok with a ball playing partner, I suppose that means I would play Lezza with Camelgob.
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Do you think you may be a bit biased though Keem? You've probably see more of him than me but I any say he's greatly impressed me this season although I have been a fan of his in the past.
  10. keemanan

Maybe but ho else is there? He's playing in a pretty good back four in from of the England keeper, he's solid and doesn;t make many errors, his passing is 5/10 but he is very strong can head it has a bit of pace, on TV you dont obviously see his communication skills, he is always talking and his positioning is good due to good coaching. As you say I've seen an awful lot of him.
    I rate Vidic as the best CH in the PL, Rio seems to drop the odd bollock but can intercept well is strong and doesn;t get sent off. Cahill is ok not really seen too much of him.
    With Hart Walker Rio and Lezza with Cole I think the back 4 is quite strong
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Good point about the communication thing. And the fact that he works with the Keeper week in week out can't do him any harm.
  12. keemanan

One thing I do hope is that Roy pays zero attention to our pigshit thick journos, you really should get on twitter just to realise how fukin retarded they are, you can accuse me of bias BUT this lad has played max 10 games this season

Oliver Holt @OllieHoltMirror
    Saw that @DickinsonTimes included Tom Cleverley in his suggested Euro 2012 squad last week. I agree with him. Great experience and good sub

13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Brilliant idea. You only have to watch the sunday forum on Sky to see how fucking thick they are.

All the southerners are so London club biased as to make their views totally worthless (it just so happens that Holt is from Stockport - make of that what you will.)
  14. slick

slick Administrator

Well Keem you wouldn't believe then that around last November i got into an argument with a Rag who was trying to tell me Clevely was a better player than Yaya, I wouldn't mind but even at the time Clevely had played no more than half a dozen matches and was Injured, he wasn't the only Rag mind that thought Clevely was the second coming. With him being English I hope the lad does well but ffs give him a chance to prove himself first over a couple of seasons rather than a Charity Shield game and a loan spell at Wigan.

Going back to Lescott, I've noticed this season he's brought a bit more into his game such as 'looking for a player ' rather than just hoofing the ball into the stands as he ws prone to do, Mancini has obviously taught him possession is 9/10ths of the law.
    And as Keema importantly mentions , the relationship and communication with Hart is too important to overlook.
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

So much fucking hype based on so little evidence. The really stupid thing was that when United were going through a bad patch earlier in the season, Cleverley was being quoted as being the saviour when he returned . Fuck's sake, the longer he was out, the better player he became:lol. A team full of Premiership title winners and a young kid with a few games in the team was what the difference was between them being average and suddenly becoming world beaters.

Fergie is largely to blame for bigging him up and saying that he was the natural replacement for Paul Scholes. As it turned out, Paul Scholes turned out to be the natural replacement for Paul Scholes:lol

Cleverely will be a good player. WILL BE. Same with Phil Jones probably. His season has been fucking shocking. I know you won't hear any United fan actually say so but Fergie bought a potentially brilliant defender and turned him into a headless chicken who runs round the pitch kicking people. Perhaps he's bought him as a natural replacement for Paul Scholes' tackles.
  16. slick

slick Administrator

Well I seemed to have put the mockers on Lescott, when he dropped that bollock yesterday the first thought in my head was 'why the fcuk did I big him up in this thread':lol
  17. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

JT has retired from England duty. breaking news
  18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Good. He's past it. His performance against Juve proved that.
  19. slick

slick Administrator

I don't know why the media are making a big deal out of it, some are even suggesting Ferdinhand may come back now ffs.