1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Latvia

Discussion in 'Eurovision 2012 Betting' started by Gavster, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

This is Latvia. This is woeful. Enough said.

Attached Files:

2. MickeyPaul

MickeyPaul Merry Christmas!

I don’t really hate it that much which is surprising as it is very 70′s Eurovision sounding and… all over very amateurish and poorly sang. Feels like it’s really dragging on now after 2 minutes. Ok. I’m starting to hate it now.

Whoever it was that said this could be the worst year ever may well be right. My heart is sinking. :( Nothing is qualifying and the competition is canceled. Goodbye.
  3. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Just as I was about to say how from what I've heard so far that this year was looking decent. It's ahead of 2010 and 2011 for me so far anyway (this song has no bearing btw, its just an unfortunate coincedence that Im on this thread when saying things like that.)
  4. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Her eyes are fucking mental! Have they jacked her up on Ritalin to get her through the song as well?
  5. Rob44

Rob44 Member

bleeding awful :leaving
  6. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

They're suffering from the ten year anniversary of Marie N who won the contest with facial expressions and taking off clothes(who says choreography doesn't matter)?The song has a catchy chorus and I've seen a better version than this of her in a posh frock,but quite often one expects them to improve and it just stays the same..
  7. Steve_uk

There's an improvement here,and I do like the girl.
  8. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

I've seen that Steve, but performed live, it's always a different story. They've obviously chopped the 'eye' moments too.
  9. Archi

Archi Member

Someone kick some sense to me! Have I gone mad, since I've started to fancy this as a possible qualifier. It has some peculiar lyrics, but other than that it is acually a bit catchy.
  10. Steve_uk

Well I'm glad you said that and not me,as I wouldn't have got away with it. She's the most beautiful girl in the contest,a Baltic Gaby Roslin who makes this melody flow. I hope she gets to meet Sir Mick Jagger and Sir Paul McCartney whom she mentions in the song.
  11. squallsquall

squallsquall Member

Lol. You're both quite mad yes :)
  12. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Have you seen her eyes Steve?

[​IMG]

I have been reviewing everything today and nearly did a u-turn. Then I saw the live version again and stuck to my guns. The video looks fairly slick. They've clearly trained her to keep her eyes half open, that, or someone's slipped her a pill. Wait until she sings live in Baku, those eyes will fill the screen!
  13. Archi

Archi Member

Oh I'm not a fan, just saying it has a fighting chance :p Before I thought it has no chance.. but I'm warming up to this. A little. Maybe I need to take a small break, my head is spinning with all the eurovision stuff I've been going through of late :) I guess the rehearsals will tell me more, so maybe I'm not touching this before that. 3.5 seems somewhat lucrative though..
  14. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Her eyes are gaping once again. The studio version was carefully edited to hide them, but in truth, they never went away. The performance is admittedly very good and the big notes at the end were impressive. I still don't see this qualifying. In fact, most of Latvia's points will likely be awarded by the juries.