1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Link Exchange (& more?)

Discussion in 'Tech and Info' started by kompressaur, Apr 7, 2014.

1. kompressaur

kompressaur spam removed by komp

Most folks will know that we all used to post together. Then i became a complete arse and no one wanted to post with me. I've cleaned my act up a bit of late staying off the dope and more importantly the drink. Ive also discovered a more spiritual way of being.

All that said ill just leave it with you on this thread and your welcome to delete it or reply as you so wish. No offence taken either way.

I think we can all live together as we all offer differant things. Well that and that we used to have a link exchange going too. Would like betnod like to go into online partnership with betmental.com and give our users the best of both worlds? Im quite happy to post on a website with 3 members for the rest of my time and also share info between sites etc etc

If slick, mick or ODM (or whoever is in charge) feels that it will benefit us all then let us know. Failing that just delete all links to other websites in my post and we can leave it as that with no harm either way.

Regards

komp the arsehole
  2. kompressaur

ill put a banner up to here on all our betting forums. I dont mind folks finding betnod via BM as heh it's all to do with keeping the customer satisfied imo. You get this here and that there etc.

Im not asking for a banner back just a link would do me. maybe have some inter forum competitions and all that. Its not PL we're dealing with here.
  3. kompressaur

ps i have to say whoever chose this new font for betnod has as much taste as a frozen tongue. uuurgh its...it's ....its a mixture of Verdana and ??????
  4. kompressaur

no its more rounded than verdana. Its a new font isnt it? Opan Sans with Georgian........errrrrr MICKEY!!!! slicks touching CSS again
    slick likes this.
  5. kompressaur

6. Seen

Seen Moderator

I'm in charge now, Komp. There was a vicious and bloody mutiny and Slick, Mick and ODM have all gone to play with Jesus in the ground :wasnme
  7. kompressaur

lol well Seen im sure the place can only be better for it with you at the helm. Actually im reminded of The Walking Dead tv show which has JUST came to my attention this weekend (i know) Ive watched 3 series since sunday morning. Your a Rick tye of character to Slick's errrrrr slicks the big black guy forst 2 series who was always there but you never saw him (t-bone)

Mickey is the woman who used to get beaten up in the first series and then went with the redneck sort of. The one whos hair never ever grew long even though she was living in a zombie apocolypse. aye the group will be better for it i reckon.
  8. kompressaur

ODM is the Guvoner(??)
  9. kompressaur

and im a Shane type of character.
  10. slick

slick Administrator

Soz about the fonts Komp, I don;t like then either but it came as part and parcel of the new skin and I ain't had time to look at changing them yet, I don't get time to do much these days since work cottoned onto me doing fcuk all for the last 12 yrs apart from browse the net and they now seem to want payback with Interest lol, I'm lucky if I can get the odd 15 mins nowadays while in work; the fcuking slave drivers.

You know you can always have a link m8, It's just that you'll pop along in a couple of months pissed and stoned telling me to take them down lol.
    Just give me the title you want and landing page.
  11. kompressaur

good man slick and soz to hear about work getting you to do some work at work lol

I was thinking that betmental.com (somebody call the doctor) and betnod.com (betting forum) could work together well. Yes we're in the siimilar business but i think we offer differant things. Im quite happy to let anyone fro BM come here and enjoy it more (as there is no me) etc and stay. Likewise the other way. Least most of betnds members know me and thats probably why theyve stayed away lol

Suppose like a lot of folks they hope i could maybe catch hold of that wee bit within me that entertained folks once online. For 8 years ive just been a webmaster not an entertaining poster. Me and Mickeypaul hope to start a few other sites between us too and i hope we can keep us all together in the same fold.

Good to speak to you slick. I bet youve been in 10% of my dreams since i went haywire. If slicks on my side then i have nothing to fear :)
  12. kompressaur

i'd be posting my bets here too but truth be told slick as mentioned over at BM i havent been keeping up nor betting this year. I only like to bet when im on top of it all but ive been fannying about with websites all year. BM came back from the grave too im ashamed to say. I packed it all in in september and bought ukfootballbet.com Im not gonna use ukfootballbet now. Just make a free bets site and get folks from a soon to be made non betting site there.

Oh the peace of isolationism and no-one knowing your name. Suppose ive got this handle stuck to me till death and i might just owe it to folks to try and recapture the zeitgeist of when the internet was fun.
  13. kompressaur

i'll add you down the bottom of the frontpage for now slick. Maybe i could add you too to the forum links (football betting forum), sports betting forum etc too. That would work. We can sort it out in time. I have to admit that i still suffering from avoidance issues and find it hard to even turn up on a website i won never mind one i dont :(
  14. kompressaur

15. slick

slick Administrator

Np's Komp, I'd get involved too m8 but as I said I just ain't got the time believe me, I was also swanning with the idea of a free bets website like we used to have on TDP but again I know I won't get enough time to do it or harder still keep updating it.
    I might just do a showcase of bookies on here and that way I can do it as and when I get the chance to.

I'll bang you up in the Navbar next time I'm in admin, do you want the link as Komp again or Betmental?

UKfootballbet sounds a good name, I'm surprised it was still available.

Aye it's not a nice place to be when work makes you work, I was remincising about the old days with a few lads today and one of them mentioned it was the 5th anniversary to the day when a lad I used to work with died and straight away I started laughing because I was told something after his death by one of his closest buddies and told to keep mum about it.
    They asked me what I was laffing at and I still didn't tell them but you'll like this as you have a similar sense of humour to me.

He was only in his mid 40's when he died and always liked a drink but when he found out his misses was having an affair it kicked off and she left home taking their teenage daughter with her, It him hard and he hit the bottle good time until it eventually killed him.
    But just after she left, he was sat in his daughters bedroom reflecting on his life and wtf went wrong feeling sorry for himself, then he spotted a hat on top of his daughters wardrobe which she had worn at a wedding when she was a bridesmaid sometime in the past, so he pulled it down to smell it as it was the only thing left in the house to remind him of her.
    On doing so a 12" spikey dildo fell out:lol

Some people might not find that funny but the irony of it crucified me and it creases me laughing everytime I think about it, it's just a pity I'm sworn not to tell anybody else who knew him in work about it.
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  16. kompressaur

Man i couldnt deal with things like that slick. Thats why i stayed alone. The less interaction i have with people the less that goes through my mind as i sit in as my usual stoney self. I hate to think that our mothers die. Its unavoidable but its just another hammer on the nail for me. I dont deal with things well generally so i just avoid as much interation as i could. then i saw that the internet was as much in your head as real life.

Anyhow im glad to say ive found the future with my websitting and it akes me very happy. FOUNDATION its called. anyhow it means i can sit about in my own time and not have to have a drink just because i havent posted for a few days due to drupal obsession. Last few days ive been playing my ukulele (duelling banjos of course but....as ever i have to do it right. I have to use the right fingue postions and try and syncopate a few melodies at the sae time. I thik syncompate was the word.

Sadly ive been quite heavily into research cheimicals again. I do them as i bored. Fuck their stronger than 80's drugs. cheaper too. Internet drugs. Getting a new collection of drugs through the post next day delivery is about the best part of my fortnight i think. I need to stop them so i bought a Magic Flight Box hash vapouriser and with a bit of learning it does the job.

Im bye with Betmental if i havent already mentioned it here so feel free to take down any links or speak to JOMO who im sure you know. I tired but i cant face forums anymore. Now ive leant a wee bit of how to make websites i just love revelling in working things out. Its like a big jigsaw puzzle to me. Only thing that excites me these days tell you the truth slick. Maybe its all to do with me trying to get a pension and maybe afford to kill my self by excess. still id have a few stories to tell. If not then at least the websiting making kept me out of bother. That and it stopped me riding women. Fuck i aint had a ride since Joomla days.

Still on the ecigs sick and im even jogging to the shop (5 minute poker breaks) and ive had no sore chest not ...well never even felt it. Suppose i did run cross country for the schoool etc.

Speaking of which my family are rea down on me lately. Lots of misturstandments. Sister starting new phot studio across the road from em, wee nehew hitting 17 and me not discouraging his football betting nor poker as i was to use him to start up a new website in a year. Just get the kids in. Im keeping out of it but maybe i could entertain them sometimes.

Anyhow boring myself now slick. Good to catch up though old soldier.

Ps can you get me brian cox's autograph? No errrrr Ernet Rutherfords.
  17. kompressaur

ps Jomo if your ow Rick reads this ill square you up for the past years rent. Well a 1/3rd of it. As i say i couldnt go though it all in making a successfull betting website again and maybe we just got lucky before. If there was some folks that where passionate and really into posting and pushing the place or really into marketing and coming out with soe top ideas or web design people that could make what we wanted then maybe i would but i dont want to just sit and talk to 5 folks max all my life online lol - soz

You 2 dont even want to talk poker. It would be toooooooo hard sorry :(
  18. kompressaur

I might make a betting website slick like The Gooner (but better). He used to have a few forums framed in his site. I'll be happy to put betnod there. Betmental too. It keeps me apart an fits in with my plans. I just want to offer the punters the best they can get without it being influenced by greed like 98% of the betting websites on the net.
  19. kompressaur

as early doors as possible but its a start. I'll make up an app with it all and i at least feel that i can give something back to all. I just want to be involved somewhere and not have to post unless i am drunk, upset or have a good tip for all
    http://ukfootballbet.com/aggregator/sources/2
  20. kompressaur

soz slick dont mind my linkk and i see it up there looking so nice. thanks. Ive gave up the internet. Its just poker and ukulele to me these days. Maybe JOMO or Trickrick will take you up on a link exchange. I starting to see the internet as it is and unless i can do something a bit better than what makes all these cunts happy im just gonna lie about my bed full of novel compounds.

Illl be in with some scottish selections mind gl