1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Men's 100m

Discussion in 'Eurovision 2012 Betting' started by Beanie, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Im pretty gobsmacked by the prices available...barring false starts this is a two horse race. Gay isn't running well enough to threaten Blake or Bolt...Gatlin is more of a threat but even then if either of the big two turn up then he'll be playing for silver at best.

Bolt at 1.80+ looks astoundingly good. Blake may have won the last couple but I look at bolt and don't believe he cares about the smaller meets enough. A professional sure, but such a superstar that it's no surprise that even the diamond league or Jamaican trials doesn't seem to stir him much. The Olympics is a different story IMO, and a motivated Bolt can only be beaten by himself. He can run sub 9.70 in London, and that's plenty good enough for gold.

I'm going big, and I'm going bold...

8pts Bolt to win 100m, 200m, 4x100m @ 3.00 with Blue Sq
  2. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

Bolt looks worn out,and were I a betting man I would go for the man in form,Yohan Blake for the 100m with former drugs-cheat Justin Gatlin in a race for second with Bolt. The 200m looks closer but again I would go for Blake with silver and bronze decided between Spearmon and Bolt.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

I'm with Beanie in thinking Bolt will probably scoop the lot, he's obviously cannot go on forever smashing records and age will eventually get to him but at only 25 he's got a few yrs left in the tank yet and for a sprinter is still probably yet to peak which is quite frightning
    Barring disqualification then I can see him walking the 100 and 200M and the Jamaican team must be a shoe in for the 4x100M relay.
  4. winrew

winrew GILF

:unsure
  5. slick

slick Administrator

That shows just how good he is Wins.
  6. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Sub 9.70 and pretty comfortable. 1 down and nothing to suggest that Blake can turn the tables in the 200. More of a concern is Asafa Powell's injury in the final for the relay, as the Americans looks quite strong.
  7. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Just the relay for the set now - the US team looks very solid on paper with 3,4, and 5 from the 100m, but in Nesta Carter and Michael Frater Jamaica have a couple of guys who would have had a good chance of making the 100m final had they been entered. I'm not sure that those two will give away anything that Bolt and Blake can't make up. They could use Weir, but more than likely only in the heats.

The US are dodgier with the baton too(due to a lack of practice) - so 1.30 on Jamaica is prob about right.
  8. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Good lad Usain, what a legend :)
  9. slick

slick Administrator

He's just brilliant ain't he, he's like the Balotelli of the athletic world with his antics.