1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

monday 15th August

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by beamer, Aug 14, 2011.

1. beamer

beamer Moderator

Kempton 4.30 Cool Hand Jake 1 pt e/w @ 12/1

You've Been Mowed is likely to be punted but there is no guarantee the improvement will transfer to the A/W. Catchanova initially interested me returning to p/t but Cool Hand Jake has every chance of reversing their previous meeting.

Trainer has struggled this season but has banged in a couple of winners last week. CHJ's last run at Windsor can be ignored, although the h/capper could of dropped his A/W mark but left it untouched. Race prior to that run was the 4th when tenderly handled to finish 4th over C&D. Stronger handling today should hopefully see him get in the frame. Poor draw no real concern as he will be dropped in anyway.

beamer
  2. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

The bigger prices all ran quite well yesterday, but the shorter ones disappointed. LA OLIVA's 4th at 33's, was ultimately a bit of a disappointment, but she ran with credit and will benefit from a further step up in trip. Pretty much all outsiders again today, but still hopeful with the following :-

2:15 Thirsk - HARBOUR SANDS - Speedily bred sort and from a stable that can get one ready. Top 2 in the betting could both be quite decent, but 33's for HS is just too big.

4:15 Thirsk - GO GO GREEN - Ran OK last time, but would need to improve on that. No forlorn hope however as he is becoming very nicely handicapped. Track probably does not play to his strengths, but overall just a touch too big at 16's.

7:20 Yarmouth - SPIRIT OF OAKDALE - Has been tried in various types of headgear in the past and is back in a visor today. Weighted to go close and no problem with conditions. SLATEY HEN is one I have backed on several occasions and adding her for a reverse forecast.

8:10 Windsor - BEST BE CAREFUL - Never beaten more than 8 Lengths, in her 10 run career and her 2 wins have been at this sort of level. Couple of decent sorts in the race, so may need to improve, but lightly enough raced to do so. Has also won over C and D.

6:00 Roscommon - PACKSAPUNCH - Been without a win for a while and has not shown much this Year. Will bounce back at some stage IMO and is becoming very dangerously handicapped. 25's is about right and worth a small EW bet.
  3. beamer

beamer Moderator

Thirsk Eastern Destiny 1 pt e/w @ 5/1

Noted 3 2yo running today but left them alone betting wise, but I never expected this Fahey runner to be this price. Looks a filthy E/W shot, unless I've read the Newmarket maiden wrong.

beamer
  4. beamer

beamer Moderator

Wins with a large piece of luck and a massive R4.

Kempton 2.30 Island Paradise @ 8.4
    Malakat Jammeel @ 7.8. (1 pt Dutch 9 Trade out @ 1.33 )

beamer
  5. beamer

beamer Moderator

2nd & 4th.
    Kempton 4.30 Catchanova 1 pt win @ 13.5 ( Trade 3 pts @ 1.81)

My bet on Cool Hand Jake loos doomed if the market is anything to go by, having drifted out to 25.0. There is a temptation to back it again, but I'm going in with another bet on Catchanova who finished in front of my pick and was the one that originally took my eye. Dunseverick has been supported ansd does have a chance looking at his Lingfield run.

beamer
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

550 Yarmouth van der art 20 pt win 7/2
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

640 Windsor Dream Spinner 10pt win 5/1
  8. beamer

beamer Moderator

1st & 3rd.
    Windsor 6.40 Dream Spinner 1 pt win @ 7.4 ( trade out IR @ 2.82 @ 1.61)
    Just taking a punt on this regressive hurdler. Poor race but interesting that trainer has booked Fortune who was the last jock to win on him over a year ago. Possible he may force the lead so try and trade out.

beamer
  9. beamer

beamer Moderator

I hope I haven't jinxed you ODM

beamer​
  10. beamer

beamer Moderator

Well done with Spirit Of Oakdale, Samoan. cracking price.

Unplaced, no trade out. Give it a nothing ride really.

2 winners from 4 races, giving a 14.1 pt profit.

beamer
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Well done beamer:thumb
  12. Seen

Seen Moderator

I've been away for the last couple of days, looks like you guys have been posting some quality stuff,

nice :thumb