1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Monday 22nd Aug

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by beamer, Aug 22, 2011.

1. beamer

beamer Moderator

Try recover some of last weeks losses, but the fixtures really don't look great.

Ham 2.30 Chookie Hamilton 1pt Win & Place @ 7.8/

Cocked up in a similar race last week when I rated jockey's above horse form and Quinlan came out on top but was too short in betting only for it to drift and win. Well Quinlan rides my pick and is a backable price. No decent form on offer but only had two runs for Dalgliesh and the jockey booking looks worth noting.

Avoncreek with Brotherton up is probably the obvious one but I think CH will show some improvement.

Ham 4.30 Here Now And Why 1pt @ 14.0
    Saxonette .5pt win @ 25.0

Backed HNAW last week when he pulled hard and failed to stay. I was waiting for him to drop to 6f and was surprised with the 2f drop. Put some big requests in last night which got matched and there does seem some decent support.

Saxonette was poor lto but is generally consistent and looks overpriced.

beamer
  2. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Bit late on today, but not missed much. Going with the following for tonight -

5:20 Windsor - BYTON - Cheap purchase, but by one of my Favourite sires in Byron and the trainer knows the female line very well. Tough to be too optimistic FTO, but I feel she could easily outrun her price.

6:40 Cork - FASTIDIOUS - All in all, his first 2 runs have probably been a shade disappointing. Was a tad unlucky LTO though and granted a clearer passage should go close. Ground looks OK and the step up in trip should suit.

7:20 Windsor - JAMEEL - Behind a couple of fair sorts on debut and should prove much better this Year. Fitness taken on trust, but the step up looks sure to suit and could go well at a price.

8:10 Cork - BONNIE ACCLAMATION - Had a bad draw and inadequate trip to contend with last time and in the circumstances did well to finish 3rd. Well berthed today, no problem with conditions and the stable in form a swell. Ought to be thereabouts.
  3. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

5:20 Windsor - Just added HEY FIDDLE FIDDLE, as this looks to big at 100's. Reversed it with BYTON as well.
  4. beamer

beamer Moderator

Nice place with Byton Samoan.

Windsor 5.40 Elegant Flight 1 pt win @ 6.0 ( trade out @ 1.81 IR)

I'm doing my best to avoid nurseries but I've got to back EF even Fallon had the choice. If the h/capper has rated his last race right then he must be in the shake up with improvement expected.

beamer
  5. beamer

beamer Moderator

Windsor 7.50 Moynahan 1 pt e/w @ 14/1

Tricky race with a potentially well treated fav, but the race has 5 potential front runners, so I've picked a "hold up". Moynahan has struggled without any respite from the h/capper, but his best recent run was at this track when staying on over 8f. 10f looks his best trip and no worries re ground. Jock booking really does not increase confidence, especially as he could have a wall of horses to plot through.

beamer
  6. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Mainly near misses fr me. BYTON ran a nice debut in 3rd, but ironically I wish I was wrong as I had HEY FIDDLE FIDDLE at 100's and he finished 4th.

JAMEEL, ran a solid race to claim 2nd @16's. The winner may end up quite decent, so Jameel should be winning soon.

BONNIE ACCLAMATION, looked all over the winner, but couldn't or wouldn't go past.

FASTIDIOUS disappointed again, but is surely better than his 3 maiden runs suggest.
  7. beamer

beamer Moderator

Here Now And Why was backed again and won.
    Probably worth supporting again if stepped upto 6f.

beamer