1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

NFL 2019/20

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by SAMOAN, Oct 2, 2019.

1. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Finally got round to Super League at the weekend and with the season heading into week 5, this is also well overdue. Surprisingly there are just 3 undefeated teams left with the identity of 2 of them ( New England and Kansas City ) no great surprise. San Francisco are the other team without a blemish on their record, but they have just played the 3 games. The majority of the usual suspects are up there, but surprisingly the LA Chargers ( 2 wins ) and the Atlanta Falcons ( 1 win ) are struggling a bit.

Week 5 sees the first of this year's London games, with my beloved Oakland Raiders up against the Chicago Bears. Oakland have 2 wins, but have lost linebacker Vontaze Burfict to a season long suspension and are facing 3 ex Raiders in London, in the shape of Kicker Eddy Pinero, Receiver Cordarrelle Patterson and of course All - Pro defender Khalil Mack. The Raiders did get a couple of first round picks for Mack, but the decision to trade him does still rankle with a lot of the fan base.

Just seen bits of the build up and most of it surrounds Burfict and Mack, but obviously there is plenty more to the match up than that. Can't see a score - fest, but do feel both sides will get into the late teens / early 20's. The Bears look likely to be starting their back up QB in Chase Daniel and the Raider defence did show improvement last week, so hopefully Oakland come out on top. If I remember correctly Pete is a Bears fan, so I assume he will be confident of a win as well.
    slick and Pete89 like this.
  2. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Haha yeah your memory’s correct. I’ve just got into London for the game tomorrow. Having a couple of bets on the game.

Mack 2+ sacks @ 3.5
    Under 30.5 @ 4.33
    Bears to win by 1-6 @4.5
  3. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Raiders win 24-21. As ever they made it hard on themselves, but they kept fighting and got the Win.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  4. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Week 10 is upon us, so well overdue an update. Just the one unbeaten team left in the shape of the San Francisco 49ers, but a lot of the fancied teams ( Patriots, Saints, Ravens, KC and the Vikings ) are still in contention. Out of respect for Pete, not going to say too much about the Bears and the irony is that the Raiders hold their 1st rounder for next year's college draft, so even if the continue to lose, they will not benefit form an early pick.

Speaking of the Raiders, they go into their Thursday night match with the LA Chargers ( 1.30am Friday our time ) standing at 4 and 4. All 4 losses came against potential play off teams and they had to survive one hell of a road trip with successive games in Minnesota, Indiana, London ( Bye Week ), Wisconsin and Texas. They go into the game on the back of a narrow win over Detroit and the 2 opponents following on from LA, have one win between them, so they could potentially put themselves bang in contention.

The Chargers remain a tough outfit and have hit form themselves, so a tight encounter looks a strong possibility. Don't see any glaring errors in the pricing up of the game, though would not put anybody off first TD scorer bets on Marcel Ateman ( 40's ) and Alec Ingold ( 50's )
  5. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Super Bowl 54 tonight with the Kansas City Chiefs taking on the San Francisco 49ers. Sadly Oakland fizzled out ( though they technically still had a shot at the play offs going into the final round of games ) and are now officially the Las Vegas Raiders. The seemingly perennial contending Patriots went out early in the play off's and the best regular season team the Baltimore Ravens soon followed suit.

KC are the favourites, but for me it is close and I just favour the Niners. I see San Fran being able to stop the Kansas offence, but not sure about the other way round.

Not touching the outright or handicap markets as it really could go either way, but having a few first touchdown and MVP Bets. The MVP tends to go to one of the starting Quarterbacks, but as ever going with both 2nd string QB's ( for the potential Cinderella story ), one defender from each team and in case its a low scorer, gone with both Kickers. The obvious defensive candidate is the defensive Rookie of the year ( beat the Raiders " Mad " Maxx Crosby into 2nd place ) Nick Bosa, but he is as short as I have ever seen for a defender at 22's, so looking elsewhere.

FIRST TOUCHDOWN

GEORGE KITTLE ( SF ) at 10's
    PATRICK MAHOMMES ( KC ) at 20's
    MERCOLE HARDMAN ( KC ) at 20's
    KYLE JUSZCZYK ( SF ) at 40's

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER AWARD

TYRONN MATHIEU ( KC ) at 100's
    FRED WARNER ( SF ) at 125's
    ROBBIE GOULD ( SF ) at 250's
    HARRISON BUTTKER ( KC ) at 300's
    CHAD HENNE ( KC ) at 350's
    NICK MULLINS ( SF ) at 400's
    slick likes this.
  6. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Currently 10 - 10. Good start to the bets with the KC Quarterback Patrick Mahommes scoring the first TD. Had the foresight to put the same bets on for the 2nd TD Scorer and the Niner fullback Kyle Juszczyk obliged.
  7. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

20 - 17 to the Niners, with just over 5 minutes to go.
  8. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Kansas City scored 3 late TD's to win 31 - 17.
  9. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Some nice TD scorer bets there well done!