1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Npower League Two betting 10th Sep

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by slick, Sep 7, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Npower League Two betting & tips 10th Sep
    Saturday 10th September 2011
    13:00 Shrewsbury 8/13 Draw 11/4 Hereford 4/1
    15:00 Aldershot Town 13/10 Draw 23/10 AFC Wimbledon 15/8
    15:00 Bradford 6/4 Draw 23/10 Bristol Rov 13/8
    15:00 Cheltenham 10/11 Draw 12/5 Macclesfield 11/4
    15:00 Crewe evens Draw 23/10 Barnet 5/2
    15:00 Gillingham 5/6 Draw 12/5 Acc. Stanley 3/1
    15:00 Morecambe 5/2 Draw 23/10 Crawley Town evens
    15:00 Northampton 11/8 Draw 23/10 Torquay 7/4
    15:00 Oxford evens Draw 23/10 Burton Albion 12/5
    15:00 Plymouth 12/5 Draw 23/10 Port Vale evens
    15:00 Rotherham 5/6 Draw 23/10 Dagenham 3/1
    15:00 Swindon 11/10 Draw 23/10 Southend 21/10

Odds Skybet
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

Got anything this week TC?
    Hereford have improved but i still dont fancy our chances at the Shrews. It looks like a tough set of fixtures to me and i might just leave it till the midweek games.
  3. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

I think you're right - there's little obvious that jumps out. A few possbilities - Port Vale should win but have come in a bit/lot over the last few days. Barnet look nicely priced at Crewe - as does McLeod to score at 2/1; Torquay a decent price at Northampton who are underachieving. I wasn't impressed with Oxford when we drew there a couple of weeks ago and on form Burton look takeable. But I'm still mulling a lot of this over.

I'm unlikely to touch our game - there's a lot of mutual respect between ourselves and Wimbledon, as well as a lot of crossover of popular staff which makes this one of those games that is more an occasion than a match!

With Hereford's game being a sort of derby, is that likely to be a factor?
  4. ThunderCelt

I've got my anytime scorers out of the way. I usually wait until they're confirmed starters, but I'll be on the terraces for the big match and I've no reason to think either won't play.

Luke Guttridge, 1 unit at 5/1 Aldershot v Wimbledon. Speculative so small stakes for no other reason than he's simply too long - 5/1 inplies he'll get 7-8 goals a season if he plays in all mmatches, and he'd got two already (althoguh one is in the cup). I think he should be 4/1. I know I said I wouldn't bet on this game, but if I had a Vic Chandler accouint I'd probably find their out of line 11/4 on the Wombles too good to resist. I think the bookies who have this at 5/2 or shorter are right.

Izale McLeod, 7/4 for Barnet at Crewe. Easily Barnet's main scoring threat, with five in the league already. He's hit the net in three out of his last four outings. Crewe have conceded in every game except one (at hapless Plymouth). The odds for this punt are all over the place, but I'm with those bookies who offer less generous prices.
  5. ThunderCelt

TeamTalk reports that star striker James Constable is struggling to be fit for Oxford. I can't find this mentioned anywhere else, though, including the Oxford forum. Against Aldershot a fortnight ago he was the only player who looked anywhere near a threat - as the stats of him scoring three of seven of Oxford's league goals this season suggest, despite starting only four of six games. Oxford have only two wins in six, and the victory against Swindon was against the run of play (so Swindon fans tell me!) and reading the message board it seems pressure from the fans for a performance is beginning to mount. Burton have only lost once this season - at Accrington who are very solid at home.

I'm wavering on the 4/5 for Burton/Draw double chance (I was expecting 4/6 or 8/11), but I think its value will be appealing if Constable doesn't make it. Sadly my trip to Aldershot means I'll have to decide before his fitness (or lack of) is confirmed.
  6. ThunderCelt

Plumped for Burton DNB at SktBet's 7/4. Not a certain winner, but a nice price, I think. :crossfingers

Also Torquay DNB at Northampton (5/4). Cobblers struggling (to my surprise), particularly to score althoguh they may welcome back Jake Robinson today. Torquay have taken the loss of manager Paul Buckle in their stride (again to my surprise) and these sides find themselves at opposite ends of the table. On paper, I think Northampton have the stronger setup, but on form it's Torquay who are stronger.
  7. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Pete's League Two Value Selections:

Cheltenham v Macclesfield
    Macclesfield are a value back at prices over 3.5, best price 4.0

Crewe v Barnet
    Crewe are a value back at prices over 1.85, best price 2.1

Morecambe v Crawley
    Morecambe are a value back at prices over 3.35, best price 4.0

Plymouth v Port Vale
    Plymouth are a value back at prices over 2.85, best price 3.8

Rotherham v Dagenham & Redbridge
    Dagenham & Redbridge are a value back at prices over 3.65, best price 4.0

GL All​
  8. ThunderCelt

I like the Macclesfield shout. I might go with you there.
  9. ThunderCelt

A decent day for me - got money back on both big punts, lost the tiddly one; and the medium one (McLeod to score) came in at 7/4 for a decent enough profit on the day. :beer

A big clap for Pete who probably did okay as well.

And last but not least the East Bank was rockin' as the Shots got an injury time equaliser. :dance
  10. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

+5.1pts on League two, sadly due to loses elsewhere I made 1.5pts on the day....