1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Npower League Two betting 18th August

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by slick, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

I do too, i was very surprised to see that outcome today. Discrimination for sure, but racial discrimination, i dont thinks so.
    I think it stinks and maybe there's more going on than meets the eye here, what i dont know though.
  2. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

I know it ain't L2 but I've had a small punt on us at Vic's 8/11 in our friendly v Pompey tonight. We've been okay in our friendlies so far including a win against QPR's fringe players. Pompey's mess is well documented and with three pros, a handful of trialists (in fairness including Izzy McLeod) and youths I'd expect us to have the edge. Whether 8/11 is value is anyone's guess, so it's minimal interest stakes.
  3. ThunderCelt

...and my first settled bet of the season ends in a loss :cry
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

You took 8/11 in a friendly! You're much better than that TC! Itchy Fingers.

Not long now.
  5. Punter

Punter Moderator

I've just added Oxford for another Ante post pick, they look a big strong side pre season, have played some decent enough football and might bully a few teams for points as well as winning games stylishly.

My final Ante Post betting slip for league 2 reads..

Bradford City
    10 e.w @ 22/1 VCBet
    2.50 e.w @ 20/1 Hills
    5 @ 20 Betdaq

Oxford Utd
    6 @ 16 VCBet
    4 @ 7/2 VCbet (for promotion)

Good luck for the season all.
  6. ThunderCelt

I'm following you on Bradford, Punter :thumb. Since you first pointed them out they've continued to recruit some decent players. I'm going for promotion at 5/1.

Not so sure about Oxford. On paper they look strong, but they did seem to struggle with crowd expectations at home last season. If they can overcome that they'll probably be okay.
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

Yes, Doyle a championship player, good signing.
    Both Bradford and Oxford will be on my betslip this weekend, that's all i'm taking from this league. I'll go see what i can add from the BSP.
  8. ThunderCelt

I'm on a draw at Oxford, so between us we've probably guaranteed a Bristol win. Oxford were concerned about injuries hampering the start of the season but I've not seen any team to news to know whether they've cleared up.
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

For those who believe in statistics, it's worth knowing that Chesterfield last drew a league game 13 games ago! I know they're in a different division now but still.

Likewise, Rochdale 9 games ago
  10. ThunderCelt

Still only two for me - Port Vale win, and Bristol/Oxford draw. I was tempted by unders and draw/away double change at Plymouth, but I think the odds are a fraction short.

This morning's draw for the JPT gives Rotherham a winnable tie against York. BetVic were out of line in offering 50/1 before the draw (33/1 in most other places) and I've got in quick with a few units beacuse I think there's value on them winning it (or at least back & lay) now.
  11. ThunderCelt

Port Vale came in, the other didn't so a three unit or so profit. :beer Wish I'd had the nerve to back us too, but I'll settle for the three points. :dance

I think Punter turned in a League Two profit on the day, too. :beer
  12. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Chesterfield beaten 1-0, Rochdale draw:thumb
  13. Punter

Punter Moderator

Would of done if i'd of gone singles here TC, no good this week though.

Well done both :thumb