1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

ODM's Alternative Aintree Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by traeth, Apr 12, 2012.

1. traeth

traeth Moderator

odm comes up trumps with this post in the Welsh footie thread

I've done an e.w. lucky fifteen
    Pearl Swan...n.r.
    Burton Port ...2nd
    Cloudy Lane...1st
    Gullinbursti ...nr

Thanks a lot ODM , a great way to get more reading that boring welsh football thread
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:lol

Feel free to post a link from my thread Traeth
  3. traeth

traeth Moderator

:zhail what about tomorrow mate?

i see that Gullinbursti is in the 4:15 tomorrow
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Well, given what I said about considering non-Festival horses (and the fact that Paul Nichols is in much better form than he was four weeks ago), I'll be backing Siviniaco Conti to beat Champion Court in the 230 race. Will probably go off second fav. Currently 15/8 with Betfred and Ladbrokes.

For the same reasons, Poqulin is worth an ew bet in the 305 (four bookies showing 8/1 on oddschecker - likely to be shorter tomorrow)

414 race,Gullinbursti does look a good ew bet (generally 12/1, some bookies give 1/4 for a place and some 1/5) but my win money will be on Cotton Mill. Absolutely gutted when it threw the jockey off when travelling very strongly at the festival. I'm convinced it would have won. It remains to be seen how much damage that has done to it mentally. I don't thing the price -5/1 with most bookies - justifies an ew bet because I think it will either win or not run it's race, so for the sake of two places I'll forgo the ew and go for the win.

This was one of my biggest bets of the festival so, ironically, I'm doing exactly what I warned of in the first post and chasing my losses on it:lol
  5. traeth

traeth Moderator

decided to go with Poqulin e.w. and a win lucky fifteen of:

Siviniaco Conti
    Poqulin
    Triangular
    Cotton Mill

thanks again