1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

ODM's Pretty Young Things

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by ONEDUNME, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Ross Raith Rover wins at 9/2 - well done. Dug in well at the end. Managed to get to bookies in time.

:beer
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Didn't see the race yet Keggers but nice to get a return. Last one was also placed so 64 points staked and 116.5 returns, profit of 52.5 pts on the day
    Punter likes this.
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Tomorrow

405 York Murad Khan 1pt ew 14/1 (6 places)
    435 York Brian the Snail 20pts 10/11
    650 Newmarket Captain Peacock 10pts 5/2
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

All shit. Loss of 32pts on the day
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Plenty to go at tomorrow

210 Newmarket Bruny Island 10 win 11/2
    220 York Formidable Kitt 10 win 4/1
    235 Newbury Shared Equity 10pt win 12/1
    255 York Multimatty 10pt win currently 11/1 but market being reformed after a non runner

445 Newbury. Three from the tracker in this race which is always the danger as the flat season gets into full swing so I have to chose which to leave out.
    Above Normal 10/1
    Atkinson Grimshaw 16/1
    Wasatch Range 3/1

The one I'm leaving out, unless one of the other two is non runner is the middle one. 5pts ew Above Normal and 15pt win Wasatch Range which, you probably won't remember, swooped to beat one that won for me the other day in its previous race, preventing it from pulling off a 25/1 shock.

505 York Coolfitch 2pts ew 20/1 4places with sky despite only the 15 runners

555 Hamilton Marnie Beach 10pts ew 8/1

840 Hamilton 10pt win 6/1
    Punter likes this.
  6. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

:help

Is it General Alexander in the last at Hamilton odm ?
    Punter likes this.
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

You are good at this game Keggers
    Kegman likes this.
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

10. Punter

Punter Moderator

Good luck ODM. I've joined you with these 4 tomorrow (sorry),with an each way yankee...

Shared Equity
    Atkinson Grimshaw (i know you've left this one out but it rings a bell)
    Marnie James (not beach, dinny)
    General Alexander

Also added each way singles and an each way double on these two...

Atkinson Grimshaw
    General Alexander
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Finger's crossed mate. I'm going to double my actual cash stakes on these today. I know I keep saying it but I'm feeling that we could hit the sweet spot any day soon.

There are three things against AG today - it ran a bit green last time on its third run which means it either hasn't got the hang of its job yet or it may have temperament issues (which, on the flip side means that it may well have a lot of improvement in it and almost certainly has - and it did go on to win the race). It has never won on turf, only on all weather (although, as I said, has only ran three times). It is up in class from its previous three races.

It's a wide open handicap and it would be stupid to have a big bet as there will be improvement in some of these that we will only know about later but the way Wasatch finished off the race that it won last time, on turf, showing a great attitude makes me think that this is one to carry my money today and in the near future. Remember, the horse that it beat (Janzoon) was impressive enough itself to go into my tracker and came out and won next time. Even if it fails today, it's a worthy favorite and one to keep an eye out for.

For market-watchers, Splash Around is the one that's taking money this morning and will probably go off favorite if that continues. It has only ran three times but two of those were in class 4 races (as today) and on turf but I'd still rather be on my horse.
  12. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Formidable Kitt non runner. Atkinson Grimshaw non runner.
  13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

General Alexander also a non runner. Coolfitch won at 16/1 to save me and. along with Marnie placing returned (I think, I have had a drink) 80pts from a 79pt stake. To be quite honest, after all the near misses and bad beats lately, I'd class that as getting off lightly today.
    Punter likes this.
  14. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

140 Thirsk Validator 15pts 11/8

255 Newbury Bush House 5pt ew 14/1

315 Newmarket Quench Dolly 10pt win 7/1 5pt ew Krebs Cycle 12/1 (3rd tracker horse and reserver Wick Powell 18/1 at the moment 3pts ew only if one of others in a non runner)

320 Thirsk Edward Lewis 20pts 13/8

350 Newmarket Take Shelter 20pt win 2/1

425 Newmarket King of Naples 5pt ew 10/1

850 Doncaster 5pt ew 16/1
  15. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Got me this time ODM - I give in :giveup
  16. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Come on, do try to keep up Keggers, it's obviously Oh James (now out to 25/1 with Ladbrokes).And I thought you were good at this game.

It's a gamble, I'll be the first to admit as it's only had two races and extreme ones at that. Beat the odds on fav on its debut last April at 22/1 and then came plumb last in its first handicap run last month (the race that this thread's Kalk Bay should probably have won at 12/1. I haven't seen the race so can't offer any excuses for that poor run but there is absolutely no doubt that today's ground will suit it better, it has a hood fitted for the first time and has been dropped 2lb for last time's pathetic effort so a calculated gamble I think.

On a separate point, I've just watched the run of Ross Raith Rover the other day and it was damned impressive, getting blocked in and having to come around the field to get to the front. It will be interesting to see what the handicapper thinks as it only won by a head and is unlikely to get raised by enough to stop it from being competitive. If it continues to improve it's got at least 10lb in hand I reckon (rated 64 at the moment).
  17. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Just one winner, the first one with a rule4 deduction returning a profit of 20.7 pts. The rest lost and I have no confidence of making a profit today with two old tracker names but I'm going with them anyway, even though they are both in the same race.

350 Ripon

Knight Owl 10pts ew 6/1 and 5pts ew Briardale 11/1.
  18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Both placed at 7/1 and 15/2. 30pts returned 40pts = +10
  19. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

410 Redcar First Moon 10pts win 6/1

835 Leicester Del Arco 10pt win 4/1
  20. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Can barely keep my eyes open but got to get these up for tomorrow cos I think the price of one of them may be much lower tomorrow. The other two are drifting

200 yarmouth May Sky 15pt 3/1

350 Ayr Rural Celebration 15pt 9/2

Mr Khalid 740 Kempton 7/2 20 pts (this is the one)