1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

PDC World Darts Championship 2014

Discussion in 'Other Sports Betting' started by slick, Dec 16, 2013.

1. slick

slick Administrator

You know it's Christmas when the PDC starts..Can't see past Taylor myself but you never know.

Outrights..in no particluar order..
    Phil Taylor
    evens
    Richie Burnett
    200/1
    Andy Smith
    500/1
    Michael van Gerwen
    10/3
    Mervyn King
    200/1
    Kevin McDine
    500/1
    Adrian Lewis
    11/2
    Mark Webster
    200/1
    Morihiro Hashimoto
    500/1
    Raymond van Barneveld
    22/1
    John Henderson
    275/1
    Ross Smith
    500/1
    James Wade
    25/1
    Kevin Painter
    275/1
    Arron Monk
    500/1
    Gary Anderson
    25/1
    John Part
    275/1
    Jarkko Komula
    500/1
    Simon Whitlock
    30/1
    Ricky Evans
    325/1
    Tomas Seyler
    500/1
    Kim Huybrechts
    35/1
    Steve Beaton
    375/1
    Beau Anderson
    500/1
    Andy Hamilton
    50/1
    Michael Smith
    375/1
    Darin Young
    500/1
    Peter Wright
    50/1
    Vincent van der Voort
    400/1
    Paul Lim
    500/1
    Robert Thornton
    50/1
    Steve Brown
    500/1
    Zoran Lerchbacher
    500/1
    Justin Pipe
    66/1
    Colin Lloyd
    500/1
    Gino Vos
    500/1
    Wes Newton
    80/1
    Matt Clark
    500/1
    Per Laursen
    500/1
    Ian White
    150/1
    Darren Webster
    500/1
    Devon Petersen
    500/1
    Jamie Caven
    150/1
    Mensur Suljovic
    500/1
    Ting Chi Royden Lam
    500/1
    Paul Nicholson
    150/1
    Dennis Smith
    500/1
    Ben Ward
    500/1
    Brendan Dolan
    150/1

Odds Paddy Power
  2. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Now that 2 rounds are out the way, there’s a bit of darting data on which to base a few bets which usually provides a fairly reliable guide as to how the next week will pan out.

Looking at the overall picture, I’d make Lewis a reasonably warm favourite for the title. He’s the only player that currently looks capable of hitting a 100+ average consistently during the business rounds of the tournament. The market makes this year a straight fight between him and MVG, but I think it’s a little more open and a few of the middle priced players are more than capable of taking the title in Taylor’s absence.

My 4 against the field are:

3pts Van Barneveld @ 18/1 with BetVictor
    2pts Wright @ 20/1 with Boylesports
    1pt Anderson @ 33/1 with Boylesports
    1pt White @ 64/1 with Betfair

In a field minus Taylor I think RVB deserves to be shorter. He does appear to be in a steady decline, but in the remaining field there aren’t too many that have been there and done it and in a mish mash of high 90 averages in the later rounds it’s the experience that might just get him over the line.

Anderson will do what he usually does – score heavily and miss his doubles. It’s likely that this will prove his undoing again, but if Lewis is on his game I think MVG and Anderson are the only two that will be able to go out and beat him.

White and Wright are relative novices in terms of the later rounds of a World Champs, but both are playing and scoring as well as anyone at the tournament and the top half of the draw is wide open.

For tonight, a reasonably confident double:

6pts Van Barneveld/Wright @ 1.8 with Ladbrokes - I don’t see Webster or Smith causing them any problems.
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

Good luck Beanie.

I layed Taylor before the start but i still need Lewis or MVG for the smallest of profits.

I'll be shouting on Wade and Whitlock though who i took @ 40 and 46. Either of those would pay for New Yrs Eve.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

I've never seen the comp so wide open, nobody has shone so far apart from Webster maybe and Anderson on at the moment looks to be finding some form but he's still to get past MvG who himself could walk this comp if he could find some of last years form, I wouldn't like to back either.
    If had had to pick a winner I'd probably opt for Whitlock who's usually as steady as a rock in the latter stages.
    Lewis is another danger but he's going to have to play a lot better than he has played to date in this comp.