1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Premier League 13th - 15th August

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by winrew, Aug 7, 2011.

1. winrew

winrew GILF

13 August 2011
    15:00Blackburn v Wolves 4/5 12/5 11/4
    15:00Fulham v Aston Villa 5/4 9/4 7/4
    15:00Liverpool v Sunderland 2/5 3/1 11/2
    15:00Newcastle v Arsenal 13/5 12/5 5/6
    15:00QPR v Bolton 6/4 11/5 6/4
    15:00Tottenham v Everton 5/6 9/4 11/4
    15:00Wigan v Norwich 8/11 5/2 3/1
    14 August 2011
    13:30Stoke v Chelsea 10/3 5/2 4/6
    16:00West Brom v Man Utd 9/2 11/4 1/2
    15 August 2011
    20:00Man City v Swansea 1/4 4/1 15/2
  2. slick

slick Administrator

They don't look so bad Wins but i see what you mean, leave it with me and I'll see what i can do.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

i don't like first day fixtures or even first month fixtures when it comes to that but Arsenal have caught my eye considering Newcastle seem intent on getttng rid of their crown Jewels, If Barton doesn't play then along with Nolan they have a huge void to fill, am i right in thinking Enrique has also gone?

It seems one way traffic at the moment and that's quality players going out of the door and Mike Ashley not prepared to put any of the Caroll money back into the club, to me it looks like he's getting ready to do one and the feeling i get browsing the NUFC forums is the sooner the better, In that respect i can't see the Newcastle dressing room being a happy place.

Arsenal even without Fabregas and Nasri if that becomes the case look to strong for the magpies, allthough saying that look what happened last season when Newcastle came back from 4 zip down, like they say though...Lightning doesn't strike twice.
    Arsenal win.
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

Wolves at Blackburn, 3/1, Corals
    Bolton at QPR 9/4, V.C

I had to take that price on Bolton at newly promoted QPR, Rangers won the championship last season but i felt they wern't playing as well towards the end. I know they will be looking for a good start at home but i just think Bolton are going to make their prem experience pay here, i dont think they will lose and the price on the away win is a generous one. I know they've lost Mat Taylor but Chris Eagles is a good signing for Bolton. All things considered i would of said Bolton are more of a 13/8 chance.

Wolves is another risky one but at 3/1 i think they might of been underestimated, Blackburn aren't that special are they? I know Wolves aren't either but I'd of gone no more than 15/8 about an opening day away win here. I'll probably regret not taking a handicap bet though instead.
    There's nothing solid about either of my picks but i'm hoping i'm lucky enough to get one right out of the two.
  5. fc basher

fc basher Member

To be honest Punter ive got Blackburn down as a good bet this week,imho they have a fair side that have lots a prem experience that has seen them stay in the prem now,also the H2H show Blackburn are unbeaten to Wolves both home and away so far,and thats why I see 2.10 bet365 as a tad of vaule.
  6. slick

slick Administrator

I wouldn't trust either of them tell the truth lads, not going off what i saw at the backend of last season and neither side has really strengthened to any depth this summer, if anything they have been weakened by the players they have sold.
    If i had to make a call it would be Blackburn due to home advantage and Wolves are more of a 'home' side but I wouldn't be suprised to see the draw.
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

Two bets, two winners on the opening day, 9/4 and 3/1... where's the bow to me emoticon :D
  8. fc basher

fc basher Member

You called them two right Punter,nice double mate clap
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

Cheers Bash' I had two other bets in league 2 that let me down, but still a profit on the day.
  10. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Blackburn are my tips to go down tbh, there record since Big Sam went is clearly relegation form, & although they had injuries yesterday I think theyre in trouble. I like Wolves signings, especially O' Hara
  11. slick

slick Administrator

I've said all along Blackburn will struggle this year, I was even arguing the case in the boozer on Friday night to a Bolton fan who felt some sort of affinity them, fcuk know's why.

If the chicken men don't spend big between now and the end of the season it could be curtains, same too goes for Wigan who are also treading a fine line.

I have a feeling this could be a season to remember, even closer than last year at both ends of the table.
  12. beamer

beamer Moderator

Gone for +3.5 goals in the City v Swansea game @ 3.4. My view was City would make a statement of intent with two centre forwards at home against a team that failed to meet the "standards" of QPR. Although it's only the starting line up, City's approach looks cautious again.

I should have paid attention to the fact the draw has been well supported today, but I'm still hopeful of plenty of goals.

beamer
  13. Punter

Punter Moderator

Nice one beamer :thumb
  14. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Nice going with the winners this week gents.

I wouldn't have picked many outside the obvious of the two Manchester clubs. Had a bet on Liverpool and wasn't even bright enough to lay off when they went ahead, somehow forgetting that they are the perennial overhyped, underacheiving bag of shite.

That'll teach me.

For those that had faith in me and Swoops conviction that Blackpool would go down last year, you will be pleased to know that we agree on Blackburn this year (yes, and you Slick). I'm on at 4/1 for them to go down as I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest that they are going to be any good, ever and as for....erm.. whatshisname... the man who makes Steve McLaren look like Mister Charisma. I don't know much about him other than he was banned for drinking and driving, he's worked for a succession of shit clubs and he's absolutely fucking clueless. If it wasn't for the fact that Neil Warnock has somehow managed to avoid assassination for another year, I'd have Clueless kean as favourite to be the first Premiership sacking.

I've just looked at his record since he took over at Blackburn and, if the site is right, he's averaging a point a game. As I've said, there's nothing to suggest anything is going to change any time soon and given that they're playing against the same sort of standard of team that they failed against last year, it doesn't take a genius to work out that a point a game equals relegation battle. Sometimes it's enough to keep you up, sometimes it isn't.

Let's hope this time it isn't.
  15. slick

slick Administrator

Yip good shout Beamer and it didn't put the mockers on us, could have been about 7-0 with the chances we had.

Only swansea i know but Aguero looks a class act and i look foward to see him getting a full start, he's a bit like Suarez on speed.
  16. slick

slick Administrator

Forgot to mention Gary Neville, anybody else feel uncomfortable or squirming in their seat watching him on Sky, what a tosser and the way he sidled up to Mancicni:puke
  17. beamer

beamer Moderator

Thats got to worth a least 3 free months of Sky. His football knowledge is decent,especially when you compare him to Redknapp, but it's Gary Neville FFS.

beamer​