1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Premiership Relegation 2012/13

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by ONEDUNME, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

At this stage I don't think you can rule out QPR or strangely enough Stoke. Stoke have only won once since Dec 26 and their next three are away to Everton and Manu and home to Villa. Also if Wigan beat Norwich in their next game they will be on the point a game average so there will only be a gap of 4 points between third from bottom and 11th
  2. slick

slick Administrator

It's going to be Bedlam at the bottom come the last few weeks of the season if results keep going the way they are, Villa, Wigan and QPR are showing they are up for the fight, while those above them are floundering.
    It's proving to be a fantastic battle with no doubt plenty more twists and turns to come.
  3. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

This game is 48 hours before ManU play Chelsea in the replay so Alex Ferguson may play a weakend team
  4. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

he may not as well as wasnt it sunderland that turned their backs on United on the last day, to mimic the City fans after they scored the winner over QPR?
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Cunt that he is, you don't win as many trophies as he has by being that petty minded. He will save his big guns for the big match. He has this trophy in the bag regardless of the result against Sunderland. It would be sheer stupidity to risk winning another one just to prove a point.
  6. slick

slick Administrator

Aye but they have already had payback for that unless they are saving a bit more for the Stadium of Light lol.

with a 15 point lead United can now afford to rest at will and like Colbro has mentioned can afford to rest plenty of players b4 they play Chelsea in the replay.
    Even so, if United do rest players, Sunderland are going to have to get their act together to beat them.
  7. Seen

Seen Moderator

Sunderland couldn't even beat Man U reserves at the moment. And I'm not joking.
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Nobody thought you were Seen.

:leaving
  9. Seen

Seen Moderator

Sunderland now best priced 7/2 with the books and 4.4 at Betfair.
  10. Seen

Seen Moderator

Every single Man Utd player in what ever 'weakened' team Fergie puts out would walk in to the Sunderland team.
  11. Seen

Seen Moderator

Sunderland's woes continue as Fletcher stretchered off in the Scotland game, a possible broken ankle.

The 7/2 for relegation will soon be gone if a break confirmed.
  12. Seen

Seen Moderator

The strike force of Danny Graham and Connor Wickham will strike fear in to the hearts of the opposition, for sure :giveup
  13. slick

slick Administrator

looking at your fixture list Seen 7/2 is a good price with or without a broken ankle...

Premier League
    Sunderland v Man Utd Sat 30 Mar 12:45 nil points
    Chelsea v Sunderland Sun 7 Apr 15:00 nil points
    Newcastle v Sunderland Sun 14 Apr 12:00 nil points
    Sunderland v Everton Sat 20 Apr 15:00 draw at best on current form
    Aston Villa v Sunderland Mon 29 Apr 20:00 draw at best on curent form
    Sunderland v Stoke Sat 4 May 15:00 3 points
    Sunderland v Southampton Sun 12 May 15:00 3 points
    Tottenham v Sunderland Sun 19 May 16:00 nil points

I make it 8 points max for Sunderland looking at the fixtures but we know it never goes to plan, the Everton and Villa games will be key for Sunderland's survival, if they can get 3 points from either of those games and don't fcuk up against Stoke or Saints then they should be safe.

I must admit it's not looking good though.
  14. Seen

Seen Moderator

Sunderland are the only team in the Premier League to have won none of their last 6 games and are playing with zero confidence.

The other teams at the bottom are putting up a good fight, Wigan and Villa have both won 2 of their last 3.

The only thing that can save Sunderland is the fact that I've backed them to go down @ 4/1 - that should do the trick :thumb
  15. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Thing is though, form is fickle & more fickle at the bottom. Its okay saying Villa & Wigan are 'in form' but if they werte good enough to sustain that form they wouldnt be where they are. So although I dont see Sunderland getting much before they come to us, we may be floundering again by then.
    Our fixtures are 'easier' before then though, & the Liverpool home game next sunday is massive as its all 6 pointers the week after, so real movement can be made
  16. Seen

Seen Moderator

Sunderland in to 3.3 at Betfair.
  17. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Well, Fergies played a strong team with no Rooney, so he hasnt forgotten, or certainly forgiven
  18. Seen

Seen Moderator

Sunderland now in to 7/4
  19. slick

slick Administrator

I thought you deserved a point but it's the type of game where United have been picking up 3 points all season without playing particularly well, bastards!!
  20. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I thought it was a pretty lacklustre performance tbh, & not a MoN brand at all. He appears to be losing the gift & as I've said before the fact that John Robertson isn't there with him might speak volumes when looking back.
    That said, Villa are back in the bottom 3 without kicking a ball & suddenly we could do with something from tomorrow. I believe we can but the nerves are jangling again, although as has been pointed out Sunderland have far the harder fixtures than Villa & Wigan. fair play to Wigan but I still feel the FA Cup might scupper them yet, & it would be interesting to see how late they left this type of run the last few seasons. Ie have they gone too early?
    I remain convinced that if any team were good enough to keep a run going, generally they wouldnt be down there in the first place.