1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Punchestown Gold Cup 3.15

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by suirthing, Apr 28, 2012.

1. suirthing

suirthing Member

Quel Esprit
    This race was meant to have been run last Wednesday but was postponed due to the weather conditions.
    Like I said Wednesday I have seen this horse winning up close in January at Thurles testing conditions, and he never broke a sweat, he will love the ground today. Best Jockey onboard too when it comes to Punchestown, Ruby Walsh. Quel Esprit 5/2 StanJames, Stan will be paying for my Guinness tonight :)
    This is what Pat Keane, Irish top tipster had to say :
    Quel Esprit is a strong fancy to outstay his rivals in the rescheduled thetote.com Gold Cup at the final stage of a somewhat traumatic Punchestown festival this afternoon.
    Willie Mullins' charge has been plagued by indifferent technique in the past, but the shrewd handler built up his confidence with two easy touches this season, before challenging for the Hennessy at Leopardstown in February.

The grey produced a decent display of jumping and staying power to beat Roberto Goldback by two lengths and the hope now is that he can improve again.

Quel Esprit did, of course, have to miss the Cheltenham Gold Cup, after Paul Townend, on the morning of the race, expressed concerns regarding his well-being, but he is reported to be back on song and giving every satisfaction of late.

Rubi Light, who will revel in the conditions, has to be put forward as the main danger. He is a class act, but this slog is surely going to test his suspect stamina to the full.