1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Punt's weekly coupon

Discussion in 'The Glory Hole' started by Punter, Aug 17, 2012.

1. beamer

beamer Moderator

I wish I could be as optimistic as you Punt, as I would love us to finish 4th. We have some winnable games coming up, and the race for 4th is down to a short list of around 8. I think that price will shorten up in the next couple of weeks, but the 9/1 looks a bad price to me.

I'm getting a bit tired of this "philosophy " business, whatever it's supposed to mean and I really think Rodgers needs a reality check.
    I was happy when he was appointed and acknowledge the board haven't given him the support he deserves, but if Rodgers is seriously looking at the big picture, he needs to face some facts.

Swansea probably punched above their weight last season, all credit to the players and Rogers, but they had a full season together in the Championship.

Regardless of the circumstances, the team is very weak and it's obvious that our scoring rate is going to be low, even with Suarez in the team. It only follows that the priority is keeping things tight at the back, yet we are a mess at the back, with what I would regard as our strongest department. It's not just individual errors, but the tactics and system he uses.

He accepted himself that it was an error to play a back three yesterday, but how long did he take to change it ? Carragher was the best player on Thursday, but I was bemused that he was thrown into the middle of three man defence, with huge gaps for Torres and the Chelsea midfield to exploit.

We're always at risk when we have corners, as we only leave one or two players back who cannot defend. Mourinho did the same, but the difference was his teams scored goals. We are always going to lose goals on the break.

I don't think the likes of Suarez or potential signings will buy into his philosophy, if we are at the bottom end of the table, regardless of style of play.

It's not one striker we need, it's two or three. The midfield is so light weight, teams just bully us. It's early days, but Allen and Sahin haven't really shown my anything apart from the fact they pass 5 yards sideways.

It wouldn't be the greatest shock if Suarez went in January, even with his new contract. Either way, I do think Rodgers needs a re think and if he's in for the long haul, do things in stages.

Unfortunately, I went the Swansea Cup game and the 1st half was the worst performance I've ever seen. Rodgers didn't help the players IMO, constantly making adjustments and basically pecking their heads. He out "Rafa'd", Rafa.
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

Interesting post beam, especially regarding the possibility of Suarez going in January and the 1st half performance against Swansea being the worst you've ever seen.
    I've only caught brief highlights of the Chelsea game but i see enough to realise we were lucky to get a point but as somebody pointed out to me this morning Suarez was celebrating on his own after he scored, he wasnt mobbed by his team mates so maybe there is something going on behind the scenes?

Are you buying in to Reina being injured too? He's off isnt he? I see Vorm hasnt been playing for Swansea either, might be something happening there?

Tbh i placed the bet on the weakness of the other teams, none of them look like a solid 4th place shout so who knows, i wont write us off completely just yet, we'll know more after the transfer window closes and as you say there are some winable games coming up.
    I've backed them just in looking for a good price to boost my Bradford City bet, i wont be backing us again but i havent finished with the Bantams yet. That 20/1 is massive, for me they are the biggest club in the league with their support and they have the best squad ready for when the injuries kick in, as they do in this league.

I've never felt so confident about an antepost bet (regarding the e.w prospect) but i have a feeling they could win it too, there's still a very long way to go. It'll be them or Gillingham in my book, no one else.

You doing Cheltenham in March beam? Stopping in the 'vern?
  3. beamer

beamer Moderator

Most likely Punt, but I've decided not to commit to any tickets or hotel yet. I tried to book the hotel last year but got told it was to early and since then I've had a re think. I'm away the following week on a golf trip and it's the youngest lads 21st the same week as Cheltenham, so I'm leaving it as late as possible before letting the Mrs know.

I looked into the hotel I met you in, but got told the car park isn't very secure, so there must be some dodgy bastards living in that area. :D

Most likely come down on the Monday night this time, for the Tue and Wed cards. I will have to decide by mid Jan, so will let you know.

I will have a pop at your other bet.

I know there was talk of the Wigan keeper, but I'd be surprised Rodgers would want him away, even if he has been crap. Reina's probably one of the best distributors of the ball and Jones constantly hesitates, slowing the game up.

I think there is more chance of Joe Cole riding at Cheltenham, than finding a club who will take him.
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

:lol

No it's not bad at all tbh, there's no bother up there, definately none in the week, i think your car would be ok outside but if it's car park security you want then it has to be The Abbey Hotel, you'd need bloody good Cheltenham to pay for it mind. Yeah let me know if you do book up, i'll organise some whores and stuff.

lol, i think he's on £80K per week? He's a £5K a week player these days so yeah he's sure to see his contract out with us.
    Good luck with telling the mrs your plans :cold
  5. beamer

beamer Moderator

It was the Spoons staff who told me about the rear car park Punt. Said they wouldn't recommend parking there and there's limited parking at the front.

I just thought I could avoid the 75 yard walk.
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

Laaaazy red.
  7. beamer

beamer Moderator

That's Joe Cole mate.
    Punter likes this.
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

Week 13

Forest Green Rovers @ 20/21
    Bury @ 5/2
    Doncaster @ 17/10

£4 Trixie = £16

I'll not hold my breath but any return from this bet will go towards another AP bet on Bradford City, that could be 20 or 30 something to as much as £160.
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

David Silva, first goalscorer £3 e.w. @ 7/1 Blue Sq.
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

Arsenal v Spurs 0-0 £4 @ 18/1 Betvic
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

Fulham v Sunderland
    Player to score

Riise £2 @ 9
    Hangeland £2 @ 8.8

Betdaq
  12. Punter

Punter Moderator

Hangeland sent off after 30 minutes lol

Silva scored 1st giving me a very small profit on the week..

Week 13
    Staked £30
    Returned £34

Total Staked To Date £390.00
    Total Returned To Date £581.87

I've just added an Ante Post bet too just for the record, a daft and almost impossible one but one i'm prepared to waste a tenner on all the same.
    City need to win their last two CL games and are relying on other results to go their way, highley unlikely but not completely impossible...

Man City to win the CL £5 e.w @ 150/1, 1/2 odds 2 places Betfred
  13. Punter

Punter Moderator

Week 14

Man City to beat R.Madrid, £4 @ 11/5
    Man City -1, £2 @ 6/1

£6 Staked, Stan James.
  14. Punter

Punter Moderator

An apology for throwing my hard earned away infront of you eyes here but as most of you know i'm not only a gambling addict, but a fucking fool too.

I will land a big one one day, well okay maybe i wont but in the meantime i'll keep trying. With this next bet, it could be all over within the next 48 hrs and i'll be calling myself a twat for the following 48. After that i'll just tell myself the same thing i've been telling myself for nearly 30 years... it's only money, nobody died.

Manchester City to win the Champions League, £20 e.w @ 150/1 Paddy Power. (2 places, half odds).

Here's my piss poor reasoning as to why i've placed the bet. City need to win their last 2 games to qualify, a tough enough task in itself, even then they are relying on other unlikely results to go their way, however according to the Telegraph there are still six possible ways for them to qualify from the group..

• Dortmund beat Ajax and Real draw with Ajax = BD11, RM8, MC8, A5 ... City finish second if they beat Real by two goals,
    or one goal if they score four or more in that match, a 3-2 win means they need a better overall goal difference than real (currently need six goal swing)

• Dortmund beat Ajax and Real lose to Ajax = BD11, MC8, RM7, A7 ... City finish second

• Dortmund draw with Ajax and Real draw with Ajax = BD9, RM8, MC8, A6 ... City finish second if they beat Real by two goals, or one goal if they score four or more in that match, a 3-2 win means they need a better overall goal difference than real (currently need six goal swing)

• Dortmund lose to Ajax and Real beat Ajax = RM10, MC8, BD8, A7 ... City finish second due to better head-to-head with Dortmund

• Dortmund lose to Ajax and Real draw with Ajax = MC8, BD8, RM8, A8 ... City's final position determined by goal difference

• Dortmund lose to Ajax and Real lose to Ajax = A10, MC8, BD8, RM7 ... City finish second due to better head-to-head with Dortmund

I think if City were to win their last two games then from the list above the highlighted one is their best hope.

Knowing my luck if City did miraculously qualify from the group they'd go and get knocked out in the quarters :lol But the one thing i do know is it aint over till it's over and i take heart from Liverpools 2005 CL win when they need three 2nd half goals to go through against Olympiakos, they did, and the belief came that we were destined for it and it didnt ever leave us, not even at half time in Istanbul. If City qualify they could have the same belief.
  15. Punter

Punter Moderator

Bradford City v Plymouth

Alan Connell
    Anytime scorer, £3 @ 6/4
    To score a brace, £2 @ 9/1
    To score a Hat trick, £1 @ 40/1

£6 Staked @ Skybet
  16. Punter

Punter Moderator

Lg2 Nov 24th

Accrington Stanley @ 27/10
    Aldershot @ 21/10
    Bradford City @ 13/8
    Dagenham and Redbridge @ 9/5
    Exeter City @ 13/8
    Chesterfield @ 31/20
    Wycombe Wanderers @ 9/5

5p Super Heinz = £6.00

Accrington Stanley @ 31/20
    Aldershot @ 23/20
    Bradford City @ 9/10
    Dagenham and Redbridge @ Evs
    Exeter City @ 20/23
    Chesterfield @ 17/20
    Wycombe Wanderers @ Evs

10p DNB Super Heinz = £12.00
  17. Punter

Punter Moderator

Twat twat twat twat ...twat twat twat
  18. Punter

Punter Moderator

£11.49 returned last week, £2.11 from the 5p Super Heinz and £9.38 from the 10p DNB Super Heinz

Total Staked To Date £420.00
    Total Returned To Date £593.36

Week 15

Alan Connell (Bradford City)

To score 2 or more, £2 @ 14/1
    To score a hat trick, £2 @ 80/1
    Skybet = £4

Premiership Correct scores

West Ham 1-0 @ 11/1
    Arsenal 2-0 @ 6/1
    Tottenham 2-1 @ 9/1
    Liverpool 4-0 @ 16/1
    Man City 2-0 @ 7/1
    Qpr 2-0 @ 9/1
    Stoke 1-0 @ 9/1
    Man United 3-0 @ 10/1
    (Nor/Sun) Draw 1-1 @ 11/2
    Newcastle 2-1 @ 17/2
    £2 on each @ Stan James = £20

Bury @ 6/5
    Bristol Rovers @ 2/1
    Newcastle @ Evs
    £1.50 Trixie = £6 Skybet

Total £30 Staked
  19. slick

slick Administrator

A profits a profit Punt,, well done and good luck this week m8.
  20. Punter

Punter Moderator

Cheers Slick

My only winner last week.
    £30 Staked
    £20 returned

Total Staked To Date £450.00
    Total Returned To Date £613.36

Week 16

Premiership

I'm going to play 10 x draw singles, the more i look at it the more i see the possibility of a record breaking weekend of Premiership draws.
    I'm probably wrong there but just 3 would get my stake back, and at this time of season stakes back is a good result for me.

08 Dec 15:00 UK Arsenal v West Brom @ 33/10
    08 Dec 15:00 UK Aston Villa v Stoke @ 85/40
    08 Dec 15:00 UK Southampton v Reading @ 11/4
    08 Dec 15:00 UK Sunderland v Chelsea @ 27/10
    08 Dec 15:00 UK Swansea v Norwich @ 27/10
    08 Dec 15:00 UK Wigan v QPR @ 5/2
    09 Dec 13:30 UK Man City v Man Utd @ 13/5
    09 Dec 15:00 UK Everton v Tottenham @ 5/2
    09 Dec 16:00 UK West Ham v Liverpool @ 9/4
    10 Dec 20:00 UK Fulham v Newcastle @ 13/5

10 x £2 Singles,
    10 x 10p 9 folds
    1 x 50p Accumulator

One other bet i'm going here (which is probably more in optimism), i think there is a small chance Raheem Sterling will be given a more central role in the absence of Suarez at West Ham. He's been played in a more wide role since playing in the first team but in his youth games he was more of a fox in the box if you like. With Suarez out, more pressure is on Sterling in this game, but i also like the fact that he's celebrating his18th Birthday this weekend.

Anytime scorer £4 @ 7/2
    First scorer £2 @ 12/1
    Two or more £1.50 @ 25/1
    Hat trick £1 @ 125/1

Total £30 staked @ BetVictor.