1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Rugby League Play Off's

Discussion in 'Other Sports Betting' started by SAMOAN, Sep 18, 2013.

1. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

2 of the original 8 already eliminated, with 2 more team's knocked out this Week. Warrington ( #1 seed and owners of the controversial Clubcall ) and Wigan ( seeded 2 ). do not play this Week as they are already through to the last 4. The next 2 games are Huddersfield v Hull FC on Thursday and Leeds v St Helens on Friday. Going with Huddersfield to win, but feel the other one is too close to call.

The Bet 365 odds for winning the Grand Final are as follows -

WARRINGTON 13/8
    WIGAN 11/5
    LEEDS 9/2
    HUDDERSFIELD 7/1
    ST HELENS 11/1
    HULL FC 28/1

Huddersfield and Saints, both appeal at the odds and if they both win their eliminators, it will be interesting to see who Warrington choose as their Semi Final opponents.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Wouldn't argue with that Samoan, I'm quite surprised to see Huddersfield at that price tell the truth.
    They're not bad odds for Wigan either after watching that display against Huddersfield, I expected to see them favourites.
    Huge odds for Saint's too like you say, considering they are just coming into form at the right time.
  3. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Only Half time and already Huddersfield are up by 54-6. The Giants are playing well, but Hull are woeful.
  4. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Leeds v St Helens tonight and seen Saints getting 6 on a couple of books. Could be even tighter than that, but of course both are also capable of racking up quick points. Just Saints for me with the start, but sticking mainly to fun bets -

FIRST TRYSCORER -

LANCE HOHAIA ( Saints ) 22/1
    SIA SOLIOLA ( Saints ) 18/1
    JOEL MOON ( Leeds ) 12/1
  5. slick

slick Administrator

I'll go along with Saint too, Leeds usually do well at this time of the year but considering quite a few of the old guard are not around this season they haven't pushed on like they have done in the past.
    Saints aren't the same side either but at least they have shown a lot of improvement as the season had gone on.
  6. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

Backed us to win it all @ 11/2 if we win tonight fingers crossed we will get Warrington again as they will pick us no doubt were not the team you want to face at all in a straight knockout match, We are the play off side also small backed us @ -6 @ evens tonight :crossfingers
  7. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Leeds with the possession and territory, but only a 4 point lead to show for it. Do feel it may come down to the ref, as they do have a habit of " squaring up " the penalty count and currently Leeds have had four penalties to Saints Zero
  8. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Tremendous effort from both teams. Maybe one of those games where neither side deserved to lose. Would have taken a shot at goal with the PEN on the halfway line and just told Turner to give it a good belt. Could always go over, but they would have got the ball back had he missed and kicked it dead.
  9. Yorkieacer

Ill take that now to find out who we get Sunday im still thinking Warrington will pick us but they should have a long think about it were not the side you want to face at all. We knocked them out last time they picked us and we smashed them in the final last year ill take anyone now just want to get to the final again. Bad news is Mcguires injury.
  10. Yorkieacer

Well were out again our mistakes led to each of there try's barr the last one least we kept it respective i was expecting a absolute mauling at ht as half the players couldnt walk let alone run, Next weeks final should be quite good lucky we didnt get there could off ending up being a thrashing.
  11. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Good effort Yorkie, but as you said half the players were barely able to walk. Key moment was the JOEL MOON " knock On " into touch. The rule has often been interpreted both ways, but for me the ball was knocked cleanly out his grasp and the scrum feed should have been with Leeds.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

Aye the knock on head and feed should have gone to Leeds and it came at a vital part of the game when Leeds were on top but even if they had scored from Moon's run or the resulting play had the decision gone to Leeds I doubt Leeds would have been able to follow it up.
    As mentioned Leeds were out on their feet and you got the feeling Wigan at a push could wind it up another gear, still you never know what would have happened to Leed's mindset had they got something from that play.
    We do know though that after it Wigan got a wake up call and finished things off.

Great effort from Leeds though and I was actually shoutng for them at that stage of the game, overall though I'm not too upset Wigan went through as it now makes a cracking final next week, Like Yorkie mentions had Leeds made it; it could have been a drab one sided affair with Warrington walking it.