1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Rugby Union Six Nations 2014

Discussion in 'Other Sports Betting' started by traeth, Jan 25, 2014.

1. traeth

traeth Moderator

the odds
    Wales 3.25
    England 3.5
    France 3.75
    Ireland 7.5
    Scotland 41
    Italy 201

Wales should win but that price is not value with us playing England away

the fixtures

Saturday 1st February
    Wales v Italy 14:30
    France v England 17:00
    Sunday 2nd February
    Ireland v Scotland 15:00

Saturday 8th February
    Ireland v Wales 14:30
    Scotland v England 17:00
    Sunday 9th February
    France v Italy 15:00

Friday 21st February
    Wales v France 20:00
    Saturday 22nd February
    Italy v Scotland 13:30
    England v Ireland 16:00

Saturday 8th March
    Ireland v Italy 14:30
    Scotland v France 17:00
    Sunday 9th March
    England v Wales 15:00

Saturday 15th March
    Italy v England 12:30
    Wales v Scotland 14:45
    France v Ireland 17:00
  2. traeth

traeth Moderator

a preview from the link below with this stat

France. They have always won the title in the year after a Lions tour in the professional era, but a fifth success is unlikely.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jan/25/six-nations-2014-wales-england-ireland

the handicap for the first matches from oddschecker

Wales -18.0 (1.91) Draw 19.0 (17) Italy 19.0 (2)
    France -3.0 (1.91) Draw 4.0 (17) England 5.0 (1.91)
    Ireland -11.0 (1.91) Draw 12.0 (17) Scotland 12.0 (1.91)
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

Are Italy that bad? Is the 200/1 skinny, generous or about right?
  4. traeth

traeth Moderator

I would not be backing Italy if they were 1000/1.
    They did well to win two games last season. They are poor away and with Scotland improving their chance of a win this season will be remote.
    Their forwards are decent but their backs are beatable.

I'm extremely biased when it comes to international rugby union and I think the winner between France and England on the opening day will be the side to push Wales.
    Punter likes this.
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I didn't even know this was starting. Where's the fucking hype?

What TV channels will it be shown on mate? Split between BBC and Sky?
  6. traeth

traeth Moderator

We've had constant reminders from the BBC Wales , even telling us which songs to sing [ they have been showing the words for Calon Lan ]... really dumbing down, it called the "spangly cowboy hat brigade" here.
    All three matches this weekend are on the beeb so I'm assuming all the matches will be shown
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Excellent. Thanks traeth.

I'm not the biggest rugby fan (highlight for me is watching them sing the Welsh national anthem. Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up so fuck knows what it does for you lot) but ill try to catch some of it.

I can't sit and watch teams pasting teams by 20 points - even if its England - but if its a good contest I enjoy watching it.
  8. traeth

traeth Moderator

Wales should beat Italy by 20 points but we do tend to be slow starters recently , so if we don't get a decent lead by half time I can see us struggling to get a 12 point lead.

The France v England match should be a lot closer and I can't pick a winner.

France have a few injuries . Their half backs are out and have been replaced with debutant Plisson at outside half who will have Toulouse's Doussain at scrum half, both have played well this year but they have not played together. France lose their influencial Dusautoir to injury.

England have two players making their debut. Nowell and Burrell in the backs. Nowell surprisingly replaces Ashton , Ashton is a poser with his over-dramatic diving when try scoring but I've only seen little of Nowell and I've yet to see him score. They also have another inexperiencd player on the other wing so it could be an area that the French will target.
    England have a strong pack but it is an area where the French excel. I prefer to compare the two backrows and even though the French will lose Dusautoir I think theirs is better than Robshaw/Wood/Vunipola.

I'm not backing any side in this match.
  9. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I dont follow much rugby but what I do know is that scotland were shit last week and england were a bit unlucky.

question to treeth tareth traeth is how many points do you think england will pump scotland by ? I've asked some of the egg chasers at my work and they are sending out mixed messages. Is 13.5 points a decent shout / realistic at 5/4 ? Or will it be more ? Also what about winning to nil ?
  10. traeth

traeth Moderator

Agree with your analysis of Scotland but "England" and "unlucky" being in the same sentence does not sound right to my Celtic ears :)
    England played reasonable and their backs made a few handling mistakes , conceeding that late try would not have happened a couple of years ago.
    I think the England-10 @ 10/11 a decent bet.
    I would never bet winning to nil in international rugby.
    The forecast for the weekend is poor which can be a "leveller" in rugby but I'll be backing England -10
  11. traeth

traeth Moderator

The match of the weekend is Ireland v Wales
    best odds from oddschecker
    Ireland (1.8) Draw (23) Wales (2.25)
    even Paddy Power have Wales @ 2.1 , Paddy are usually best priced for the opposition against Ireland
    handicap Ireland -2 @ 1.91 Wales -2@ 1.91

taken from this bbc preview
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/26040258
  12. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Thanks traeth :beer
  13. traeth

traeth Moderator

my reply :unsure
    I think the England-10 @ 10/11 a decent bet.
    I would never bet winning to nil in international rugby.

the results from the weekend
    France 30 - 10 Italy
    Ireland 26 - 3 Wales
    Scotland 0 - 20 England

The bet came in but it looks like keg is the rugby tipster for the six nations , well done mate.

Wales were poor but we scored , Scotland were terrible , I can't remember when a side did not score in the six nations.

Two weeks break this time so time to recover. Scotland play in Italy next , it will be worth considering
  14. traeth

traeth Moderator

this weekend's matches with Wales playing Friday
    the bookies think the three matches will be close and they go with home advantange in each one

handicap prices from betvictor
    Wales v France
    Wales -3 19/20 Draw Wales -3 16/1 France +3 10/11

Italy v Scotland
    Italy -3 5/6 Draw Italy -3 16/1 Scotland +3 1/1

England v Ireland
    England -5 19/20 Draw England -5 14/1 Ireland +5 10/11
  15. 4PP

4PP Member

traeth my good man, how are you keeping?

Not around a lot I know but you seem to be getting on just fine without me. Heard Glwad went into meltdown a few weks back but "morale" has improved after a nice collegiate thumping of Frogs ;-)

In Ireland (if I can believe the media) the whole place has gone bonkers what with it being the worlds greatest ever centre last match on his home turf! (If u don't agree you're just a wizened & bitter NZ idiot)
    Here in France they just been "mad" which is pretty much how they usually are, particuarilly when they coach or play for the national XV!!

Anyway, whats your view for the WE?

On a mad wildcard bet I've gone with Ireland by 44 (my age), France by 14 (my birthday) & Engurland by 7 (my birth month).

Nowt serious, just a bit of a laff!

Now in "real" money, Ireland by 13+ & -28............France -7...........England-Wales.............undecided.
    I think Wales can win if they play the 'ref right but the head(if not the heart) says a home win.
    Most likely a Wales alt +cap for now.
    I think what happens on Saturday will be important for both teams (E&W)

Logic says the Rose but I'll call it on Sunday

Look after yourself folks, I really shouild check in more often, its not a bad spot.

Slan
  16. traeth

traeth Moderator

hi snods,

we did not see the defeat to Ireland coming but we were totally outplayed and out-thought by Ireland.
    the Irish defeat to England was another suprise for me
    it looks like the championship will be decided in Paris next week

this weekend
    I think that Italy aren't a bad side and I cannot see Ireland overcoming the 24 point handicap.
    BOD last tryscorer @ 10 is the bet in this game

France to beat the handicap against a poor Scotland side

I can't see Wales losing tomorrow , playing at Twickers can be difficult but I don't think that England are a good side , the media are so upbeat towards England because of that try against Ireland . A type of try that Ireland are usually so good at defending.
    A Wales win is 6/4 now but I regret not taking the 2/1 that was available with betfred early in the week.

these are the caps from betvic

14:30 Ireland v Italy
    Ireland -24 2 Draw Ireland -24 17 Italy +24 2

17:00 Scotland v France
    Scotland +7 2 Draw Scotland +7 17 France -7 2

15:00 England v Wales
    England -4 2 Draw England -4 17 Wales +4 2
  17. traeth

traeth Moderator

I had a terrible rugby weekend , from a betting angle and losing to England

This weekend handicaps.
    Sat 15 Mar
    12:30 Italy v England
    Italy +22 2 Draw Italy +22 17 England -22 1.833
    14:45 Wales v Scotland
    Wales -14 1.909 Draw Wales -14 15 Scotland +14 1.909
    17:00 France v Ireland
    France +1 1.909 Draw France +1 17 Ireland -1 1.909

The championship is Ireland's to lose. They must win in Paris , England need France to win and an England win in Rome. France can win but need a very large winning margin