1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

No objections from me to the above.

By the way, last year's maximum odds were 6.0 (i.e. 5/1), not 6/1. Not fussed which we go with there, just as long as we're clear beforehand exactly which one it is.
  2. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

Yeah I'm not fussed as long as it's all made clear by the weekend?
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

In brief again then..

5 selections

No minimum odds,

Back how ever high odds you want, but the most you'll get points at is 6.00

Double points for all 5 winning

Cut off times -

Anything else to add? Is the above correct?

4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Yep - 6/1 or decimal 6 ? (i.e 5/1) You decide Punter.
  5. Punter

Punter Moderator

I think 7.00 would be a bit closer to fairer, but i'm not that arsed :thumb
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

7 it is/ 6/1 - ill amend the rules now
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Pick 5 teams per weekend. Win bets only. Matches must kick off and end between midnight Friday night and midnight Sunday night (with the exception of international weekends when the period may be extended to take into account Friday/Monday games)

Points will be scored for each match as per the profit you would have made from a £1 single bet. 5 winning selections means that your total score is doubled

All odds must be taken from Bet365 and winners will be settled at the prices posted at the head of the weekly post, regardless of any price fluctuations.

There is no lower limit to the odds that you can pick but you may like to bear in mind that, for scoring purposes, you DO NOT receive your point stake back. At the other end of the scale, you can choose teams at any price BUT, the maximum points that you can score from any individual game is 6 (to be doubled as normal, should you get 5 out of 5 selections correct).

Matches can be from any league, however, if the match not listed on the odds posted at the top of the weekly thread, you must stipulate which country and league the game is in and you must post a screencap of the odds (taken from bet365).

If you fail to post both the home and away team, and your selection is not a top league game in England, Spain or Germany, you run the risk of your selection being classed as void when our adjudicators become bored of scouring the internet looking for the result. It may be obvious to you, but to avoid argument later, the onus is on you to take the extra 15 seconds to type the home team the away team and the relevant country and league.

Where a player mistakenly puts down two teams who are not playing each other that weekend, the selection will be void unless clarified before the cut off time, regardless of whether the odds appear to suggest that they intended to select a different game.

Cut off times - Please note that there has been a degree of leniency in previous years which will not be applied this year. The cut off time for selections is 2pm Saturday afternoon, UK time. The only time an exception will be made is if the site is down on a Saturday morning. Otherwise, selections will be void.

Any selection that you have made which is subsequently postponed can be replaced up to the 2pm cut off time. If you are not able to post a replacement selection before cut off time (or if your game is abandoned in-play) you will normally be allowed an extra selection the following week. In exceptional circumstances (where games are called off at short notice) replacement selections may be requested after the normal cut off time but the replacement selection will only stand if a mod then posts to confirm that the replacement has been accepted (this gives time for prices to be checked if required)

If your game is cancelled on the Saturday and you would like to choose a Sunday game, you can post in the weekly thread to request this but your replacement selection will only stand if a mod then posts to confirm that the replacement selection is accepted.

NO EDITING OF POSTS AT ANY TIME. If you make a mistake, please add another post underneath to point out any errors or amendments. Posts containing edits may be classed as void.

Please also see post number 53 ...
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Not convince this thread is closed - can someone post a reply in it please?
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

Still open
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Way of the world I'm afraid Punt, the more things "improve" the worse they seem to be. I remember when you used to be able to click two buttons and a thread was closed. One button even. Now I'm fucking about with a shitty drop down box that doesn't even do what it's supposed to do. Brill
  12. Punter

Punter Moderator

lol It's true that. I'm not great with technology. I can place bets from the comfort of my home, that's all i need to know.

Two days til kick off!
  13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I'm going to add one more to the list for the sake of clarity .

In the past, we've had some occasions where individuals have somehow managed to post the wrong odds on a number of occasions and also ignored requests to write d0wn both teams and clarify the country and leagues that the games are in. It's quite simple, it's your responsibility to get your post right. Anyone one can make a mistake and one or two apiece will be expected. For anyone who seems to be making a habit of making mistakes, we just won't bother adding your selections to your score if they continue to be the wrong odds or not clear. It's no good taking ten minutes to post whining like a bitch afterwards. Far better to take an extra half a minute to make sure you get it right in the first place.
    Punter likes this.
  14. slick

slick Administrator

I've moved last seasons rules into this forum, if anybody knows of any amendments then please feel free to change them.
  15. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Think the cutoff time is now 3pm Saturday rather than 2pm.
  16. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I think we agree there is no need for a cut off at all at the mo' - we can implement it in the new year when it could possibly be used tactically.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.