1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Seen's place bets

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by Seen, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Seen

Seen Moderator

I did a similar thread on 'The Punt' a while back, results were a bit up and down but finished nicely in profit. Only rule is that the BF place price (I use BF SP to decide) is 3.0 or bigger. Not a system, just plain boring old form study, picking out horses which look a bigger price than I think they should be. Will put a brief explanation if I have the time.

Looked at Sandown today, which has been decimated by non-runners thanks to the going change.

3.50 Sand ~ TIPSY GIRL (currently 8.8) ~ looks massively overpriced to me at 40.0 / 8.8, acts well on soft and caught the eye when unlucky here on seasonal debut. A question mark over todays trip but shapes as though she will stay and big chance if she does.
    3.50 Sand ~ FANTASY GLADIATOR (currently 3.5) ~ yet to win on turf but consistent and goes on soft. Hangs to the right so will be suited to them staying far side.
    5.00 Sand ~ LAASHAK (currently 3.3) ~ only 3 runs, all on GF, but has a high knee action which suggests todays ground will suit and we might see a massive improvement today.
  2. Seen

Seen Moderator

All 3 unpl yesterday, keeping up the recent run of everything I tip on here/the Punt running deplorably :angry

2.15 Sand ~ CAI SHEN (currently 3.25) ~ best ever run came with cut and had bad draw at Goodwood as an excuse last time.
  3. Seen

Seen Moderator

CAI SHEN finishes last under a woeful ride by the hopeless Paul Doe :unsure
  4. Seen

Seen Moderator

Here are the next ones destined to finish tailed off...
    3.20 Sand ~ HEAVENLY DAWN (currently 3.5)
    3.20 Sand ~ RAIHANA (currently 4.0)
    3.20 Sand ~ THEYSKEN'S THEORY (currently 3.2)
  5. Seen

Seen Moderator

THEYSKEN'S THEORY wins, but the BF SP fails to quailfy by 3/100ths of a point (2.97). HEAVENLY DAWN was too short too and rather typically the only one which was big enough (RAIHANA) finishes 2nd last.
  6. Seen

Seen Moderator

3.55 Sand ~ LIVING IT LARGE (currently 2.44)
    3.55 Sand ~ BABY STRANGE (currently 3.0)
  7. Seen

Seen Moderator

Both placed (4 to be placed on BF) but only BABY STRANGE qualified @ 3.26, so a tiny profit today.
  8. Seen

Seen Moderator

3.00 Leic ~ Sairaam (currently 10.0) ~ ideally needs further but this is a stiff 6f and she looks well drawn going off the first race. Hangs left so having rail to left will suit and likes fast ground. Worth a go win & place at these odds.
  9. Seen

Seen Moderator

Sairaam 2nd to put me in profit, will update results later.

Just the one today, and it might not qualify...

2.10 Worc ~ TALLULAH MAI (currently 2.86) ~ this looks a really weak race and at least this horse has had a run over hurdles, a fair 3rd in a better class event. Jockey is hopeless (Tom O'Brien) but should be able to reach the frame at least.
  10. Seen

Seen Moderator

TALLULAH MAI 3rd but didn't qualify (2.58).
  11. Seen

Seen Moderator

Newmarket today looks tricky, even more so with the rain changing the going.

3.30 Newm ~ REGAL PARK (currently 2.9) ~ a hard ride but consistent and acts well on easy turf. Tends to need a lot of driving so will almost certainly trade bigger in-running before staying on strongly. If the BF SP is less than 3.0 then I'll allow it as a qualifier if it hits 3.0 in-running (which looks certain), otherwise I'll use BF SP when totting up results.
    3.30 Newm ~ PITTODRIE STAR (currently 6.0) ~ his 4 best turf runs have come on ground with cut in it so should go well, although does have a habit of edging left so track may not be ideal.
    4.35 Newm ~ CAPAILL LIATH (currently 3.3) ~ has ran well each time he's encountered easy ground and stays 1m well which will be in his favour in this 7f event.
    4.35 Newm ~ CRUISER (currently 3.3) ~ yet another who likes cut and also stays 1m well. 10f was a step too far last time and no reason why he shouldn't be thereabouts.
  12. Seen

Seen Moderator

4.00 Newm ~ NORTHSIDE PRINCE (currently 3.4)
    4.00 Newm ~ MCBIRNEY (currently 3.8)
    4.00 Newm ~ QUSHCHI (currently 3.3)
  13. Seen

Seen Moderator

QUSHCHI 2nd, other 2 unpl. Will try and get these results updated tonight.

4.35 Newm ~ MISS DIAGNOSIS (currently 3.5) ~ failed to handle Goodwood last time, has a good draw to grab the fence early and should go close provided she gets the breaks trying to come from the back.
  14. Seen

Seen Moderator

Forgot about this thread - I'll copy it over to Horsenap and continue it there.