1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Spain 26-29 August

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by rcgills, Aug 25, 2011.

1. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Not watching this game as it's on a channel I've not got, but wouldn't write them off for the rest of the season just yet, hopefully it'll be a different story once Baptista's back and fit.
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Baptista??? I don't even think John The Baptist could save them.

I'm picking bits of their story up from the commentary. From what I gather, they're doing a bit of a Chelsea/Man City with a rich investor behind them and hoping to be up with the big boys in the very near future. I've got news for them, not only does money not buy you love, it also doesn't guarantee you success in football. They'll be lucky not to let four in tonight.

I'm also amazed at how shite Van Nistelroy is. There were rumours of a transfer to the Premiership at the end of last season. I can only think they were started by his agent because he's clearly not the old horseface we used to know and hate.

Garbage.

Having said all that, I'm going to make an effort to watch some Spanish footy this season I reckon. I never make any money out of it but it can be entertaining at times.

Looking forward to tomorrow's game.
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Just as I pressed "post reply", horse face ends up on his arse trying to control a ball over his head.:lol
  4. fc basher

fc basher Member

Both teams to score,as recommended by rcgills.
    Got 1.91 betfair - 2pts

Hope the spainsh leagues are kind to us this year :)
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Do me a favour RC, if you've got time next week (well, I suppose it will be the week after becasue of international matches) will you make a point of previewing the Malaga game for me. If they are playing anyone half decent I'll be backing against them. Are they renowned for being particularly strong at home?
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Full time Seville 2 Malaga 1. Truly awful, Forest or Arsenal would have beaten them today.

On this evidence I'll be backing against them whenever I can.
  7. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

They're owned by some rich sheikh and have got plenty to spend, their problem is the same as Man City had when they were first taken over - the top players want Champions League football, and so until Malaga qualify for the Champions League, they're going to struggle to attract the very best players, no matter how much money they've got.

Don't reckon they'll qualify for it this year either, taking Madrid and Barcelona out of the equation they're playing for one of two remaining places, and I suspect Valencia, Atletico Madrid and Villarreal will all be too strong for them, and possibly Sevilla as well.
  8. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Will see what I can do, remind me nearer the time. Although looking at the fixture list, they're at home to Granada, newly promoted and bookies favourites (I'd have them 2nd favourites myself) to go straight back down, so I doubt there's going to be any great opportunity for opposing Malaga there.
  9. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

In fact, things are even worse than that for Barcelona, as Alves, Maxwell and Adriano are all also missing. They're likely to have a couple of the B team players involved in some way in the defence (not necessarily a bad thing when you think Valdes, Puyol, Pique, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Messi, etc. etc. have come through from the B team in recent years). Marca's predicted lineup (which is normally shite, but I'll put it here anyway as a rough guide) has the back 4 down as Abidal, Fontas, Mascherano and Bartra. Also possible though that Abidal (or Busquets) could play centre back (with one of the B teamers playing left back if it's Abidal).

Even so, outscoring Barcelona isn't exactly going to be easy for Villarreal, but I'd be pretty disappointed if they don't bag at least one to bring in the both teams to score bet (assuming Barcelona score too).
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

In recent years? Fuck me, Puyol must have had a hell of a paper round
  11. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

:lol

Alright, alright, this century then. When I say recent years I meant those still playing, rather than delving into the distant past and mentioning retired Barcelona legends of the past who may have come through their B team.
  12. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Good enough for me mate. I've doubled the bet I put on last night.

Anyway, it must be four in the morning over there. Is it feeding and burping duty for you?
  13. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Was "only" 3am when I was posting that, and baby was fast asleep. I was on burping duty in the afternoon and so was making up for lost time by working until late.
  14. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

No idea what's going on here, but the price is rising and rising on Bet365, it's now up to 2.25 for both teams to score, or 2.1 for Barcelona not to keep a clean sheet.

Adding 2pts on Barcelona not to keep a clean sheet, as that price is just crazy.
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Half time 2-0
  16. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Well, according to Marca's post-match report, "What a season we've got in store". Absolute load of bollocks, all the excitement I had for the start of the season has gone out of the window in the space of one weekend, and it's not just because I'm off to a losing start. Madrid score 6 away from home, albeit to a team that'll struggle to stay up, while Barcelona stick 5 past a team that should supposedly be in contention for the top 4. The two of them will be clear by Christmas, and Marca will continue to wank themselves silly over this being the best league in the world, oblivious to the fact that two teams battering everyone else 5 or 6-0 every week actually makes it very tedious :shit
  17. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Brilliant summary RC. Best league in the world my arse.

If you want exciting football and unpredictability , you want the English Championship. Everywhere else is about who's got the most money to spend
  18. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

A few of the presidents have come out today saying pretty much the same thing. Admittedly they're the presidents of teams that have most to gain by Barcelona and Real Madrid being brought down a peg or two, but they're still right in what they say.

Fernando Roig (Villarreal president): "This isn't good for Spanish football, but it's the way it is. We have to sell to balance the books, while others buy on credit. If what they want is to have two games, we'll have two games. I'll give it three or four years (until it happens). Either something changes, or we're going to kill Spanish football”.

José María del Nido (Sevilla president): "Our league isn't the biggest load of junk in Europe, it's the biggest in the world. It's a third world league where two clubs take away the TV money from the rest of us who are competing".
  19. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

4 games in and Valencia are top followed by Malaga and Betis following a GREAT game between Valencia and Barca tonight
    Barca only 4th and Real 7th
    I'll take this league thanks
  20. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

It's certainly looking a lot more promising than it was after the first round of matches. I fear it won't be long before normal service is resumed, but I'll be happy to be proved wrong.