1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Strictly Come Dancing 2011

Discussion in 'Special & Novelty Betting' started by stereoman, Sep 12, 2011.

1. stereoman

stereoman Member

Good luck with the Jason Donovan bet. There is some weird 'xenophobia' with BBC shows. It'd be a first for a non-UK contestant to win one.

This week's updated odds:

Winner:

Harry Judd 6/4 (Stan James)
    Jason Donovan 11/4 (Bet365/Betfred/Coral/Ladbrokes/Sky Bet/totesport)
    Chelsee Healey 10/3 (Blue SQ)
    Holly Valance 20/1 (Sportingbet)
    Alex Jones 25/1 (Paddy Power)
    Robbie Savage 28/1 (Bet365)
    Anita Dobson 150/1 (Sportingbet)

Top Man:

Harry Judd 8/11 (Boylesports)
    Jason Donovan 13/8 (Bet365)
    Robbie Savage 14/1 (Bet365/Coral)

Top Woman:

Chelsee Healey 2/5 (general)
    Holly Valance 4/1 (Bet65/Betfred/Boylesports/Coral)
    Alex Jones 7/1 (Coral/Ladbrokes)
    Anita Dobson 28/1 (Bet365/Coral)

Harry Judd is still top of the shop. Is it really his to lose!? Holly Valance drifts wildly because of being in the bottom two. It's mostly 'as you were' though.

Eighth Elimination:

Anita Dobson 10/11 (Betfred/Ladbrokes)
    Robbie Savage 11/2 (Stan James)
    Holly Valance 11/2 (Bet365/Blue SQ/Sky Bet)
    Alex Jones 6/1 (Bet365)
    Chelsee Healey 28/1 (Sportingbet)
    Jason Donovan 33/1 (general but 40/1 at 188Bet and, yes, Victor Chandler)
    Harry Judd 50/1 (Paddy Power/Sky Bet)

A female celebrity will probably go to 'balance out the numbers' but is Anita Dobson so obvious to go!? If weight of money speaks then yes, she will. Will someone disconnect the phone number to vote to save her just to make sure!?

Although Robbie Savage and Alex Jones could figure into proceedings, it'll likely be Anita Dobson vs Holly Valance with Anita going. We still haven't had a 'big shock elimination' yet though.

Series Match-bets: (to last longer, from William Hill)

Holly Valance 7/2 vs. 1/6 Jason Donovan
    Harry Judd 1/2 vs. 6/4 Chelsee Healey

Robbie Savage Week 9 Score: Over 29.5 points 11/10, Under 29.5 points 4/6
    Score is for Robbie's main dance only, does not include points gained from "Swing-a-thon".

No 'highest scorer' market this week. I assume William Hill took a pasting last week or something like that.

Robbie will be dancing the samba. I think he'll score 28 or less so if you have to have a bet, it'd be the 4/6 on 'under 29.5 points'.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1586202&page=5
  2. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

This is becoming an impossible competition to follow-it's a bit like watching a tennis match between the Williams' sisters ten years ago..just when you'd thought of everything there's another variable to consider..I read today that Robin Windsor has got some foot infection so guess who will be partnering Anita Dobson-yes it's the best dancer in the competition Brendan Cole-so I'm not envisaging Anita's exit-I'm sure she can shuffle her feet a bit more in the Cha cha cha..in fact after Alex Jones topped the leader board last week anything is possible,though her Charleston may not save her..Holly Valance should get it together with the Foxtrot,Harry Judd's technical ability and youth should see him through the Quickstep,Chelsee will be well-prepared as usual for her Argentine Tango,Robbie Savage might be in danger relying once too often on his sex appeal in the Samba,Jason Donovan needs to put some pressure on the others this week with his Charleston as his superb Cha cha cha in Week 2 is fading from memory..
  3. stereoman

stereoman Member

Looks like you may be right as Robbie Savage and (bizarrely) Jason Donovan have been nibbled at to go tonight. Alex Jones also slightly positive.

A test of faith for me that it won't be so one-sided and predictable: £95 at 4/6 that Robbie Savage gets 29 or less tonight over at William Hill, and £25 on Robbie Savage to go at 5/1 over at Boylesports.
  4. stereoman

stereoman Member

Craig 5, Len 7, Alesha 7 & Bruno 6 = 25 for Robbie. Looks like he could be doomed. His only hope is Ola's devoted fanbase!
  5. stereoman

stereoman Member

It was Anita vs. Holly with Anita going. I can't complain too much as I still made some money. Someone must have tampered with Anita's vote number though.
  6. Steve_uk

With the Swingathon which I was unaware of swung the odds against the older contestant,who doesn't have the stamina of a Harry Judd..Anita was a bit off with her Cha Cha Cha anyway..she just had a poor week and was punished for it..
  7. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Good old Harry looking solid for this ;)

Time to position the book for finals night...first move being a bet on Robbie Savage @ 44.00. As someone who could take or leave him, his media work today re: Gary Speed was very moving, and his performance next week will be an emotional one. The GBP will give him plenty of sympathy, and there's a chance it could build into something significant.
  8. Steve_uk

Robbie has got his head round the difficult ballroom dances such as the foxtrot,but seems somehow just to let go on the "party" dances which need just as much work technically. Let's not dwell on last Saturday night,but he was badly advised to put it mildly.He is up against Harry and Jason,and someone should sit him down this week and explain to him just what this entails.
  9. stereoman

stereoman Member

This week's updated odds:

Winner:

Harry Judd 8/13 (general)
    Jason Donovan 4/1 (general)
    Chelsee Healey 9/2 (Bet365)
    Alex Jones 33/1 (general)
    Robbie Savage 33/1 (general)
    Holly Valance 50/1 (188Bet/Sportingbet)

Harry barges his way into odds-on but some favourable marking here and there for other conestants and the market might go walkabout for a week.

Top Man:

Harry Judd 4/11 (Boylesports/Ladbrokes)
    Jason Donovan 11/4 (Bet365/Coral)
    Robbie Savage 20/1 (Blue SQ/Boylesports/Coral)

Top Woman:

Chelsee Healey 2/9 (Boylesports)
    Alex Jones 7/1 (Coral)
    Holly Valance 9/1 (Coral)

Ninth Elimination:

Holly Valance 5/4 (general)
    Alex Jones 7/2 (general)
    Robbie Savage 7/2 (Boylesports/Ladbrokes/Paddy Power/Sky Bet/William Hill)
    Chelsee Healey 16/1 (Betfred/totesport)
    Jason Donovan 20/1 (Betfred/totesport)
    Harry Judd 25/1 (general)

Week 10 Highest Scorer: (Odds from William Hill)

Jason Donovan (American smooth) 10/11
    Harry Judd (rumba) 11/4
    Chelsee Healey (jive) 7/2
    Alex Jones (American smooth) 10/1
    Holly Valance (paso doble) 10/1
    Robbie Savage (quickstep) 25/1

Robbie Savage Week 10 Score: Over 28.5 points 8/15, Under 28.5 points 11/8

It's Movie Themes Week. http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1590492&page=6

Alex has a back injury apparently. It probably doesn't mean much in the scheme of things.

Jason will probably top score. Robbie may get the 'sympathy vote' but I don't think he'll score 29 or more. It'll probably be Holly vs. Alex with Holly going.

The only bet I'm having this week though is Jason Donovan to top score for £55 at 10/11 with William Hill.
  10. stereoman

stereoman Member

11. Steve_uk

Sorry you didn't win your bet stereoman. Who could foresee Holly's resurgence tonight,not forgetting Chelsee who once again tops the leader board.
  12. stereoman

stereoman Member

Jason and Robbie in the bottom two and Robbie goes. It looks engineered to be a Harry/Chelsee one-two finish.
  13. Steve_uk

Does Jason want this badly enough..I can't get his Cha-cha-cha in Week 2 out of my mind..if only he can get back to thinking that way again..
  14. Rob44

Rob44 Member

c'mon chelsee... clap
  15. Steve_uk

I'm not taking anything away from Chelsee;she's got spunk,and how she fits in her practice during rehearsals for Waterloo Road and achieves that check-in girl performance of the Quickstep was sensational. It's just that she and Harry are a generation younger than Jason,who just seems to have been a bit intimidated somehow since Week 2..
  16. stereoman

stereoman Member

This afternoon's Bettingzone Market News:

1325: There's a double Strictly Come Dancing elimination this weekend and William Hill cannot split Holly Valance and Alex Jones, both of whom are offered at 5/4 to get the boot first at the weekend, with Hills offering 6/5 that they are the pair that get the boot.

Harry Judd is the red hot 1/2 favourite to win Strictly - other firms go 4/9 and shorter - with the injured Chelsee Healey out to 7/2 with Blue Square and 888sport.

"Harry Judd looks nailed on to win but the last four reality TV favourites have come a cropper, so he should not count his chickens yet!" said Hill's spokesman Rupert Adams.
  17. stereoman

stereoman Member

We've reached the SEMI-FINAL stage! This week's updated odds:

Winner:

Harry Judd 4/9 (Boylesports/Coral/Ladbrokes/Stan James)
    Chelsee Healey 7/2 (Blue SQ)
    Jason Donovan 10/1 (Betfred/totesport)
    Alex Jones 33/1 (general)
    Holly Valance 40/1 (general)

Harry firms up even more. Is it more or less over as a contest!? Chelsee overtakes Jason to be second favourite but she's 'injured'!

Top Man:

Harry Judd 1/6 (Coral/William Hill)
    Jason Donovan 5/1 (Bet365/Betfred)

Top Woman:

Chelsee Healey 2/9 (Boylesports)
    Alex Jones 7/1 (Bet365/Coral)
    Holly Valance 8/1 (Blue SQ/Boylesports/Coral)

Tenth Elimination/First Person Announced As Out:

Alex Jones 11/8 (Betfred/Paddy Power/Sky Bet/Stan James)
    Holly Valance 11/8 (Betfred/Blue SQ/Boylesports/Stan James)
    Jason Donovan 13/2 (Coral/Sky Bet/Sportingbet)
    Chelsee Healey 16/1 (general)
    Harry Judd 33/1 (Betfred/Sky Bet/Sportingbet)

This market will be manipulated beyond belief. Watch out for the stipulation that each bookie has. Ladbrokes has 'The Tenth Elimination is the person finishing bottom of the leaderboard'. Stan James has 'Market will be settled on the first contestant announced to be leaving the competition'.

To Be Eliminated:

Alex Jones 2/7 (Betfred)
    Holly Valance 1/3 (Sportingbet)
    Jason Donovan 6/4 (Boylesports)
    Chelsee Healey 6/1 (Boylesports)
    Harry Judd 12/1 (Boylesports)

Double Elimination Combo: (Odds from Ladbrokes)

Alex & Holly 11/8
    Alex & Jason 3/1
    Holly & Jason 3/1
    Alex & Chelsee 10/1
    Holly & Chelsee 10/1
    Jason & Chelsee 25/1
    Alex & Harry 40/1
    Holly & Harry 40/1
    Jason & Harry 66/1
    Chelsee & Harry 100/1

Week 11 Highest Scorer: (Odds from William Hill)

Harry Judd (Charleston, Viennese waltz) 5/6
    Chelsee Healey (paso doble, American smooth) 5/2
    Jason Donovan (samba, Argentinian tango) 9/2
    Holly Valance (Charleston, Argentinian tango) 7/1
    Alex Jones (salsa, Viennese waltz) 14/1

William Hill's stipulation is 'Which celebrity will receive the HIGHEST TOTAL score, from all four judges, for the TWO dances scheduled to be performed'.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1594701&page=7

I didn't realise that Holly Valance isn't doing the tour! She's out then! :eek:

LOL!! Holly tweets about tonight... https://twitter.com/#!/HollyValance/status/145432469297041408

I'm only having one bet this week and I hope the BBC bias for Chelsee Healey makes her top-score yet again. The 5/2 at William Hill is of some value.
  18. stereoman

stereoman Member

19. stereoman

stereoman Member

20. stereoman

stereoman Member

Today's Bettingzone Market News:

1325: Jason Donovan looks to have paid the price for taking the competition too seriously and he is now out to 16/1 to win Strictly having been as short as 5/2 earlier in the series.

“Despite being in the final three and getting a perfect score, Jason has never been a longer price to win.

“Strictly viewers are of the opinion that it is the taking part that counts not the winning, as a result Jason’s in it to win it attitude has not gone down like a lead balloon,” said Hill’s spokesman Rupert Adams.

=============

What a load of shit. What about Harry Judd then!?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s104...cing-harry-judd-id-be-devastated-to-lose.html

Double standards, favouritism and all that. Chelsee's probably being a right actress and downplaying her chances though.

I didn't have any outright bets but I don't care any more. No more after this series. It'll be a Harry-Chelsea-Jason 1-2-3 finish. No surprises. The only surprise though is if Chelsee wins and continues the BBC bias.