1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Sun 28th Aug

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by SAMOAN, Aug 28, 2011.

1. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Just the one success yesterday, but it was at least at a fair price. Decent days racing today, but can find nothing for the top class meeting in Ireland. My selections are as follows :-

2:35 Yarmouth - SCRUFFY SKIP - Cant be backed on from, but of interest, running at the stables favourite track. Should appreciate the cut in the ground, is better off on turf and is capable of smart form on his day. Massive risk, but happy to take it at 33's.

3:10 Deauville - DEFINIGHTLY - Always a danger given his ground and it has come up today as very soft. Has a decent overall record and is a genuine threat in Group company.

4:20 Yarmouth - STARKAT - First sign of life for an age LTO and is becoming very dangerously handicapped. Has, in the past proven herself to be a decent 10f horse and comes even more into reckoning on the ground.

5:05 Goodwood - SILVEE - Handicapper may just be in charge, but I think she can win off this sort of mark on easier ground. Very tight handicap and may come down to the skill of the jicckey's or even just down to luck.

EACH WAY BET

2:00 Yarmouth - ALSINDI - Bit of early money around for this one and is certainly bred to be quite decent.

FORECASTS / TRICASTS

2:35 Yarmouth - Already gone with SCRUFFY SKIP, but adding others for a big priced combo bet -

NUBA ( Ought to be better than shown )
    SCRUFFY SKIP
    TRUST ME BOY ( Well worth a try over 1m )

4:40 Beverley -

DIAMOND SUNRISE
    PLAYFUL GIRL
  2. beamer

beamer Moderator

Yarm 4.20 Starkat 2 pts win @ 8/1

Lady Gabrielle interested me with the hot stable form but Starkat is proven on the ground and is a far better price.

Starkat's h/cap mark got hammered, raised a massive 16lb for finishing 4th in a listed race here last year. Now back to a realistic mark he may improve further today in this company.

Yarm 4.55 Astrolibra 1 pt win @ 9/1

Another with course form, who put in a promising return off a lay off and also handle the ground. The fact that hurdling took priority over the flat is a little concerning but the jockey booking indicates some kind of intent.

Cheers beamer​
  3. Seen

Seen Moderator

A pretty uninteresting day I feel.

3.10 Yarm ~ Inpursuitoffreedom hasn't raced over this trip since her debut but it could be ideal in this ground. She comes to hand in the autumn and her form on soft reads 711 - with the 7th where he clearly failed to stay 10f.
  4. Seen

Seen Moderator

4.55 Yarm ~ looks a tricky race to weight up but surely Outland will go close, I don't think this horse likes Chepstow so his three poor runs this season can all be ignored. Take those away and his form this year reads 323, all narrow defeats and he would have won with a clear last time. Goes really well on soft and has won here, so a good bet to defy top weight.
  5. Seen

Seen Moderator

2 win singles and an EW double on the above pair.
  6. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

3:55 Goodwood - AMBER HEIGHTS - Nice race for an EW bet and whilst this is not a strong fancy, it must have a squeak. Has hinted at ability and was noticeably short LTO. Would at the least be hopeful of improvement and could easily make the frame.
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

400 Galway. Front two drifting in the market as we approach the off. Regal Ambition and Winson Churchill are the ones for money at 9/2 and 5/1.

I won't be put off the second fav though -Your Busy 10/3 20pt win
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Won at 4/1. Just goes to show, don't be put off by a drifter