1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

The Manchester City thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by slick, Aug 28, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Thats actually the kids playing there, City held an open day to test the services when the stadium was first developed with the running track taken away etc and the crowd had to be restricted for health and safety reasons.
  2. fc basher

fc basher Member

My first visit to "The Eithad" last saturday for the Villa match,not before we had lunch on the Wilmslow road,which is awash the places to eat.Seated in east stand in the top level got to see everything,but to high to see players names on the back of their shirts,you get an idea of were i was sat.Spoilt a little by a small fracas which occured when some villa fans got in to the stand next to the away end.Plenty of space once you get in the grounds of the stadium without have to worry about getting kicked by a police horse or squashed.Saw the memorials of a past manager and player,Malcom Allison and Marc Vivian Foe (died on the pitch playing for hes country) you all knew that.They were advertising tickets for tonights Champions league at wait for it just £25 quid,bargain,if only I could have made tonights game to.

The Match
    Villa flew the starting traps and dominated the first 15,crisp passing and good movement saw them take command and might have been infront had Agbonlahore not missed a golden chance with just the goalie to beat.Man city started with just Ballotelli upfront,started very slowly,but once they scored,they soon took command.Come the second half Man city were soon turning the screw and there was only ever going to be one winner.One note was how Villa quickly capitulated after conceding,they started full of confidence,and that one goal was enough to drain all that confidence away,and hardly strung a decent move after.

Might be going against Arsenal,dont know yet :)

Oh forgot to mention,your match programme comes in a cellophane bag so you dont get it dirty :)
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Nice one Basher, just tell me when you want your avatar changing to the City crest and I'll be on the case.

The fracas may not have been with Villa fans in the City end as it kicked of with the City fans and showsec strewards in 109 which is the area beside the away fans, if the mayhem was near the front rows that would have been the case.

Having space is one of the main advantages of having a new stadium and it makes hell of a difference, especially after the Taylor report which made them all seating where you couldn't go for a piss without disrupting the row.
    your analysis of the match is pretty much spot on and it was good to see Ballotelli and the Villa fans getting on so well lol.

We need to be a lot more alert come sunday though, another start like that and like the one last night we'll be a goal behind b4 we know it.
  4. fc basher

fc basher Member

Avatar - No probs,I already wear the crest on my chest,I bought a city training top from the shop :)

Fracas - couldnt see,so i assumed it was villa fans,all through the fracas some villa fans were doing the come on then jesturing with their hands whilst this going on and well after.
  5. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

Heh Slick, serious question in advance of your Cup Final on Sunday. :wink

What are your thoughts to Citeh's start to the season? I've gotta say they've started a lot better than I thought but (and you knew I'd have a but :lol ) apart from spanking Tottenham away, you haven't played any of the big-hitters yet. The only other 'challenging' game you've had would probably be Fulham away and you drew that.

Probably got my red-tinted spectacles on but I'm just wondering whether you think you're in a slightly false position at the moment?

Think Citeh's season really starts on Sunday doesn't it?
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

For fuck's sake don't let him draw you into saying that Slick. The last time I read the words "Our season starts tomorrow" was a quote by a Mr A Wenger in The Sun, Saturday 27th of August:eek:

I don't suppose I need to remind anyone of the score at Old Trafford the next day.
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

As far as tomorrow's game goes, as a neutral it's a pity the game isn't at City tomorrow. If Ferguson is going to shit himself and park the bus against a piss poor team like Liverpool - as he did last week - then he'd probably need someone to drag him off the toilet at the prospect of facing potential champions City away.

As it is, I think United might go one up against City tomorrow and then it's going to be difficult for City to get back on level terms (even if United do them a favour and play that pudding Johnny Evans at the back).
  8. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Since the market has City at 2s and Utd at 6-5 we can infer that the market concurs with this Wayne..........although I believe that this is at least partly due to the liabilities that the bookies incurred on Utd after people piled on following their great comeback in the charity/community/whatever its called match
  9. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

10. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

theres always fireworks when balotelli's around:D
  11. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

It'a alright Slick, you don't need to answer my question now. :mad:
  12. winrew

winrew GILF

Evans is a clown and Ferdinands finished !
  13. Punter

Punter Moderator

I hear City fans were turning all the '19' banners upside down on their way out.

What a score, what a day for City. The day the power shifted.
    With a bottomless pit of money for players and wages you'd have to say we are entering a new era, where City are set to dominate English football for years to come.
  14. slick

slick Administrator

So it was real then, fcuk i need to sober up sharpish, I'll reply l8r Wayne:naughty
  15. slick

slick Administrator

:lol I don't really need to reply to that now do I.

If you need councilling Wayne the number is 0161 6161 6161
  16. Seen

Seen Moderator

So, how did City get on in their 'Cup Final'?

:lol
  17. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

On a scale of 1-6, how gutted do you think United's fans are after yesterday's game?
  18. suirthing

suirthing Member

Earth Calling Manchester City, Earth Calling Manchester City......
    First of all no club has ever won the Premiership in October, secondly Man City have never won it, they won the league twice ever only, in the last century, the last of these was 1968!! Manchester United who have 19 titles, have seen the come and seen them go, Leeds, Blackburn, Arsenal, Chelsea, we give everyone a day in the sun every now and again, just to keep it interesting:D and as for this season, its far from over and its never over until its over with United...just ask Bayern Munich .

City beat us fair and square and outclassed us all over the pitch, but a kick in the backside was needed, shame it had to be City tho. This was needed again to show Ferguson who is not good enough to wear the United shirt, Darren Fletcher a f'n waster, he even got worse after scoring, Ferguson has him in the team because he is Scottish and as Roy Keane said when he was Captain 'what the fuck are they raving about in Scotland, that boy is fucking useless'. Rio is past it, the more he gets paid the slower he is getting, its him that should have been off loaded to Sunderland, Capello was first to highlight how bad he has gone, by dropping him. Johnny Evans is certainly not good enough to play for United, I may not like him because he is an orange cnut from the North but he is useless, N Ireland international standard. He was at fault for the first goal and the score line would have been exactly the same if he was not sent off.
    Good to see them cnuts the Glaziers there too yesterday, now they know we need to spend big and find a new Roy Keane, Beckham, Cantona, Bryan Robson........
  19. slick

slick Administrator

It doesn't matter whether the Prem was never won in October or not Suirthing, 6 fcuking 1 at the Swamp is all that matters at the moment, I've had a ball of a time this morning winding up all the rags here in work and nothing will ever take away their pain, I'll make sure it doesn't.
    This is personal for them and me and every other fcuking rag that I've ever drank with giving me shit over the years, you may have to have lived in Manchester to understand.

From now on they can mention the number 19 and the council house all they like, all i need mention now is getting dicked 6-1.
    Usually after a derby i get texted to death especially after a defeat but yesterday not a dickybird, I even held off filling my own boots via texts as i know they were expecting it, the result was to big for that i need the pleasure of having face to face discussions lol.

Its also great to read the Man U forums and see the reactions, in the main Evans is a cnut, Ferdinhand is due his bus pass and Fletcher and Anderson all of a sudden aren't good enough, oh and how different it would have been had Cleverley been fit.
    not to mention how we got the lucky bounce of the ball and how the City fans seemed to make more noise because of the strategically placed sky microphones,I just love it:lol

my favourite though has to be this.....

Classic

I'll talk about the match later Suirthing
  20. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Sky have got a lot to answer for, haven't they? Football did exist before their darling premiership came along. If Man City won it in 1968, then they've won the top league in English football, same competition, different name, it doesn't matter whether it was called the first division or the premiership or whatever else at the time.

:lol Touché