1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

The NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Pete89, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

NFL started on Thursday and a player making his debut tied the record for the longest TD return.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/american_football/14861832.stm

Not looked at Sunday's games yet but feel free to post your thoughts if any you but retards are capible of such things (thoughts that is, not posting, I know you can all manage that with the amount of drivel on here..)
  2. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

I have 5 picks on the NFL card today, and two for the Monday night games, although it'll have to be brief. I like the Bears today who are my own team, but feel that 2.1 is marginal, I would have backed at +3 on the Handicap, but best around is 2.5 sono bet.

So heres my picks breifly:

I like Tennesee @ Jacksonville and feel that the 2.08 on offer is value
    Pittburgh @ Baltimore is an other who are value at 2.05
    Indianapolis +8.5 at Houston look to be a value bet at 2.01
    NY Giants -3 @ Washington at 2.0
    Dallas @ NY Jets are value at 3.3

On Monday Night:
    Miami +7 hosting New England at 1.91
    Oakland @ Denver at 2.55
  3. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

As an Oakland Raiders fan, I had to avail myself of the 260 on the exchanges for them to win the Superbowl. Hope you are right about Monday night Pete and I am fairly confident. Derek Hagan has bee a nice ( if unexpected ) acquisition to the team and watch out for him in the first TD market. I would also expect a big effort from rookie RB Taiwan Jones. Opportunities will be limited behind McFadden and Bush, but watch him go if he gets into open space.
  4. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

I'm 0-3 so far tonight, with that looking like going 0-4, in the giants behind by 7, hoping Dallas can pull it out against the Jets for me in the game live on C4 at 1am
  5. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Dallas are utter cnuts, Looks guarenteed for OT now, no excuse for that. If the Jets can keep comeing back and can cut out some of the mistakes then they could well make the Superbowl
  6. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

What a FG for the Jets about 40 yards out. 27 seconds to fix this mess
  7. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Sadly the Raider game is the 2nd half of the Monday Night double header, but as usual with these games I will stay up right through. With the Chargers looking impressive yesterday and the Bills ( 41 -7 winners over KC ) coming up next, it is vital to get the win. Don't usually bet the match - ups and tend to stick with just 1st TD scorer at higher odds. I gave a quick mention above to DEREK HAGAN and he is 20's to score first. Most bookies have Kevin Boss quite short, but he is not playing due to injury. With this in mind back up Tight End BRANDON MYERS is of massive interest at 22's. Other Raiders of interest are WR Chaz Schillens and QB Jason Campbell, who does have a nice play fake. Hoping they don't score at all of course, but the Broncos's Defence is much better this year ( plus Jason Campbell does have this nasty habit of holding on to the ball too long ) and the Denver Defensive unit is 25;s to score first
  8. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Wow the dolphins really really suck, i'm off to bed, cheer on the raiders for me SAMOAN so I don't go 0-7....
  9. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Well Pete, you got the one that mattered right at least.
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

Good luck with all your bets Pete :thumb

I know nothing about this sport tbh, it's always come across as a game for big girls to play to me, what with all that padding, helmets and stuff :p
    Serious question though, if i were to start taking an interest (and i might do), which team should i support and why?
  11. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Anyone but the Patriots, since Pats fans are like man utd fans...

I would push for the Bears for the same reason just cause thats who I support.
  12. Punter

Punter Moderator

Chicago Bears it will be then Pete,
    i've just got to be educated with the rules now.
  13. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

I've stuck up my picks for week 2 here: http://www.betnod.com/threads/nfl-week-2.293/

Live games this Sunday are Tampa Bay @ Minnisota at 6pm and San Diego @ New England at 9.25pm. both on Sky Sports 4. The 1am game on Channel 4 is Philidelphia @ Atlanta and Monday's Game on ESPN is St Louis @ NY Giants

So who do you lot fancy this weekend? My Numbers make the bears 3.5 point dogs to the Saints, but the line is 6.5 so I'm happy to back the Bears with the points.
  14. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

As usual only really bothered about the Raiders and I see a close but winnable game in Buffalo. Not sure the Bears can stop the Saints consistently and so will need to establish the run ( cant try and match them in the passing game as GB did last Week ) and ultimately put points on the board. Looks a high scorer in New England, with the Pats for me marginal favourites. Detroit would also be a fancy for me against KC
  15. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Just watched the Raiders, blow an 18 point half time lead, in a wild game with the Buffalo Bills. The Bills had the ball 5 times in the 2nd half and scored a TD on each drive. The Raiders did grab the lead back on 2 occasions, but just could not stop anybody. Gutted would be an under - statement
  16. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

The 260 on the Raiders, does not look quite as silly now, following an upset win over the highly touted New York Jets. Two more big tests coming up with games against Patriots and Texans and if they get through those unscathed, then we they will have to be serious contenders. Pete's Chicago Bears have now lost 2 straight, which is no great surprise as it directly followed Punter's declaration of support.for them
  17. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Yup, I was very disappointed by the game on Sunday, of course the TD returned from the punt should never have been disallowed (at least I'd have got my hc bet up then...)
  18. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Looking tough for the Bears already Pete, with the Pack looking strong and of course the Lions going very well, as for the Vikes, who would have thought it ? There start was tricky, but to hold decent leads in each game and blow each one ( especially with an elite runner in AP and a veteran QB ) is unbelieveable. The Bears division, is of course up against the AFC West this Year, so there is a big game later in the season, between the Bears and the Raiders.
  19. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Week 4

Looking at this weekends matches I'm expecting the Bears to dominate this one against Carolina, by about about 10 to 14 points I'm on the -6.5 at 1.95

Samoan's Raiders ar 4/5 point dogs against New England in the live 9pm game on sky sports and IMO it wont be enough I had the line at about 7.5 and so I'm on -5 at 1.95

In the live 6pm game on sky it's Detroit v Dallas, I was expecting either pick 'em (+0) or Detroit +1 in this match and so 2.0 on Detroit +2.5 is a back for me.

In the Late Night Channel 4 game its the Jets vs the Ravens and Baltimore are favourites I expected had the line between -6.5 and -7, Baltimore are actually -3.5 at 2.0 which seems value.

Monday Nights/Tuesday Mornings game is the Colts V the Buccs, the Colts have started poor but are improving as they showed last week +10 on them is all wrong and a back at 1.95.

Other Picks for this week are:
    Green Bay -12.5 @ 2.0
    Kansas City +2.5 @2.05
    New Orleans -7 @1.95
    NY Giants -1 @1.95
    San Diego -7 @1.95
    San Fransisco +9.5 @ 1.95
    St Louis Money Line @ 2.3
  20. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

The Bears have taken down a victory against Carolina but have failed to cover the spread only winning by 5 due to conceding a late TD (unconverted) the Bears are now 2-2 and Carolina 1-3

Kansas City managed to win by 5 to make their first gain to go 1-4 against Minnisota who are now 0-4

New Orleans have won by 13 to cover the spread.

St Louis have lost by 7 points and are now 0-4

Of the early games I've hit 2/4, with 2 still playing, San Fransisco are up by 1 and detroit by 4, both within the 2 minute warning so I'm looking good for 4/6 and +1.95pts form the first 6